Great Mage Staff

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Been working on this + a few others on and off for awhile, finally entering final stages albeit a few placement bugs remaining, its probably not to every ones cup of tea as personally i prefer the older styled items, and regular sized weapons.

greatmagestaffmask1.jpg

video of its placements in action.

[video=youtube;ThZ7lzeORrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThZ7lzeORrY[/video]

Series 1 :
Short Slayer (Warrior) - http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73207-Short-Slayer
Elder Wand (Taoist) - http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73187-Elder-Wand

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Nice to see you got the outline problem sorted. looks great.

thanks, i battled with it through most of tonight lol, also redid all the placements again to allow for larger size so there is no cut off like before.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I love the design of it. It looks amazing in-game aswell.

Can't wait to see your others.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I love the design of it. It looks amazing in-game aswell.

Can't wait to see your others.
thx , my main concern was to make it look right ingame.

iv got a few models im working on but they are suited more to warrior/wizard, im open to suggestions or concepts for what kind of Taoist weapons people wish to see.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
well im happy to give credit were its due, and thats really impressive. Most weapons or items that people make look absolutly **** and dont look as if they fit in with mir at all

that looks like something that coulda come from the offical mir tho, nice design, impressive

how longs it taken you in total to make it? i can imagine its taken some time..

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
well im happy to give credit were its due, and thats really impressive. Most weapons or items that people make look absolutly **** and dont look as if they fit in with mir at all

that looks like something that coulda come from the offical mir tho, nice design, impressive

how longs it taken you in total to make it? i can imagine its taken some time..

/gasp ty

Iv spent a lot of time setting it all up granted, cant really put a figure on it as i don't really put a lot of time into it in one go, else it rapes my brain, but i guess i first started messing with it about 1-2months ago, the model took about 1-2hrs total, placements took a good few hours, then there's cropping / renaming(luckily lcd made me a nice program for this), and testing.

but now most of that is out of the way, the whole process should only take a few hours from start to finish.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
sounds good, so once u knock out a couple of weapons u gonna attempt some armours?

altho armours would take a lot more work, and it depends if ur goin to include riding, fishing, WIS spell images and what not

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
sounds good, so once u knock out a couple of weapons u gonna attempt some armours?

altho armours would take a lot more work, and it depends if ur goin to include riding, fishing, WIS spell images and what not

i thought about it, but as i don't currently run a server myself its not something im all that interested in doing. it would be a major job as you would need to remake the character, redo all the char animations on a biped (skeleton), then build the armours on top, and after all that you may as well of made a new game lol.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
never realised so much work went into 1 weapon o.0 lol

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
indeed its why u see so many more new weapons than armours i guess

that and its fairly easy to ripp weapons from other 3d games and convert them, and so far is most of the weapons iv seen, which is why most look very out of placed in mir, as they have been poorly picked + their gigantic size lol.

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
looks awsome looks 100% better then some of crap coming out of korea n china