Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
next weapon in the series is the "Elder Wand" which is aimed at Taoists

taostaffmask.jpg

video of placements

[video=youtube;HIE3nrtcJg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIE3nrtcJg8[/video]

Series 1 :
Great Mage Staff (Wizard)- http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73152-Great-Mage-Staff
Short Slayer (Warrior) - http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73207-Short-Slayer

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Have you got a design view like the other? It looks like you stuck 3 bits of wood together with some blue duct tape

Still looks cool though, totally different kind of thing we're used to seeing...oh another fan.

some green mist or something glowy on the end would be cool, for future ideas!

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Nice work again Mask! Any change you could release an obj of say a simple wooden stick? People could use it for ref and send you the obj back to run on your scripts for placements :).

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Nice work again Mask! Any change you could release an obj of say a simple wooden stick? People could use it for ref and send you the obj back to run on your scripts for placements :).

doesn't work like that, the weapon has to be rendered by 8 cameras from various precise angles / distances. then the sword has to run sequences of animations from every cam angle.

mirweap1.jpg

i do not intend to release my setup (or running peopels models through the process) after this series or another, i'll be focusing on creating own IP.

thanks everyone else.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
harry potter rip off! ;p lol
actually didn't think about this till after i had uploaded the video, i started out using staff instead of wand, but wanted some distinction between the classes.

i was waiting for someone to point it out, gz heres a cookie!

/give cookie.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
By exporting the weapon model as an object you could simply import other peoples designs to the same location?

Oh well was just an idea, good luck with your IP.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
By exporting the weapon model as an object you could simply import other peoples designs to the same location?
i could, but that would mean im doing most of the work. which isnt something i have the patience or the time to do as the system in place isnt as automated as i would like.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Taos also wield a Fan as a wep style. So you could give fans a go :)

Nice lookin wand though.

-Ash

Version 1.3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2005
Looks very good m8, Shame i stopped learning 3d anim otherwise i would give weapons ago...

Good work tho.
+++

Actually im just wondering how long the whole process takes? Idea to Finished products