Few Testers Needed

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I usually only lurk on lomcn but I decided to post because I don't want people to get their hopes up. Sanity is notorious for starting on stuff but never actually finishing it. it's always the same cycle, he'll post that he's working on something, then a while later he will post some excuse as to why he had to halt development. This may sound mean, but he has the attention span of a five year old, I don't know how else to put it:(. Aside from that, he has zero knowledge on coding / programming, all he's most likely doing is editting .txt files :(

And how can you expect someone that spells 'definitely' as 'deffiently' to handle an English translation? It just makes me sad that people trust this guy to solely handle a huge and difficult project like this, they're just setting themselves up for disappointment. There's no shame in not being able to do something like this (you don't see me stepping up either) but stop giving people false hope. I'm sure a lot of people here will keep on believing. But as they say, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

It's nothing personal m8, but even though you're the only one working on woool, you're detrimental to the scene (which arguably doesn't even exist at this point). We need a competent team if we ever want to see a well done, well maintained woool server. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure this will never happen.

By all means though, take this as a challenge to prove me wrong. It's not that I don't want to see you succeed, I just don't think you're able. I don't think anyone is atm on lomcn. Sorry if this came across as insulting.

The fact you had to make a new account to proves to me your just little troll but ok.

Rainbow Version: They stopped development, which ment registering the engine came impossible and i guess that is my fault?.

D.X Version: My first source for woool, in the end due to how buggy the source was and my lack of experience of coding at the time i kinder had no choice, i offered the source out to people and well quite a lot of people asked for it.

SQL Version: My current version which i been working on for 10 months, am not going to lie i spent time away from it, not having the source was a pain but i still continued because i knew the main engine did not need to be registered, it was free, so if the owner decided to quit, at least all my work wouldn't be a waste of time, but then he gave me the source code which made me spend a lot more time on it.

There is too many people on this website who want everything done for them, if i given up on something in the past but i have ALWAYS released what i had done? So if people was so bothered then why didn't they just pick it up and finish it? No because that means they have to do something them selfs.

I have released more then enough in this section to start a woool server, before i came along how dead was this section? you didn't even have a set of files to work on, now you have files, sources, tools but if your not going to spend time to work on something yourself then what gives you the right to **** talk me?.

The D.X version is fully working and this SQL version is fully working, all you have to do is build up your server which isn't exactly hard, i mean just like for MIR2/3 when you start a server you start adding your own content, that is all you have to do here.
Do you want me to build your server? do you want me to translate the client for you? 90% of people on here make a server to make quick $$$$ and if you think am going to do all that work for you to gain a few quid you have another thing coming.

Last edited:

hankhawkeye

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 20, 2013
sanity, if i wanted to troll you this is not how i would have gone about it. the truth is, i named several valid points/concerns and you reacted to them like a child.

I'm not accusing you of never releasing anything. Releasing =/ finishing. You release stuff, but it's either half (and that's being generous) finished or just plain crap. You say you've been working on your version for the last 10 months, but I really doubt that. You're either exaggerating or work extremely slow, because you would have had more to show for it by now.

And stop pretending ur the savior of the woool section. It's dead, and it's always been dead. All you really do is upload/release files & tools that you get from your buddies in China with an occasional youtube video (with custom music, ofcourse) showing off an inch of progress.

I'm not sure where you're getting this whole 'you want me to make you a server to gain a few quid' thing from. That's not at all what I said in my previous post, although I will admit that people like that exist.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
sanity, if i wanted to troll you this is not how i would have gone about it. the truth is, i named several valid points/concerns and you reacted to them like a child.

I'm not accusing you of never releasing anything. Releasing =/ finishing. You release stuff, but it's either half (and that's being generous) finished or just plain crap. You say you've been working on your version for the last 10 months, but I really doubt that. You're either exaggerating or work extremely slow, because you would have had more to show for it by now.

And stop pretending ur the savior of the woool section. It's dead, and it's always been dead. All you really do is upload/release files & tools that you get from your buddies in China with an occasional youtube video (with custom music, ofcourse) showing off an inch of progress.

I'm not sure where you're getting this whole 'you want me to make you a server to gain a few quid' thing from. That's not at all what I said in my previous post, although I will admit that people like that exist.

Name one thing on here i have released which is crap?.
1.970 Source code, ok not the best but still the first working source code for Woool.
SGL Editor, i pretty sure a lot of MIR community have used this for MIR.
SQL Version Files: A set of files which supports 2.0, let me put into Mir terms, it's a set of files which supports Archer class. Just so you know this source is NOT public released, this isn't a source you can go and download from a crappy Chinese website.

But all what i release is crap? You clearly have no idea sir, your just looking for everything to be handed down to yourself so you have to put such little effort in to start a server.

Also check the date when this testing started, this is the SAME set of files am working on still, of course i don't spend all pissing day and night on it otherwise i would be a lot further with it, but am working alone and i go at my own pace, have a problem with that then just don't follow or come into this topic again.

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
@hankhawkeye

You don't even dare log on your main LOMCN Account.. Sanity has done tons of work for the woOOl community.. "If" the Mir 2 Section came to this and Sanity had a server up I bet most of them would be buzzed because they would most likely never felt what WoOOl feels like.. It's a mixture of Mir 3 & Mir 2.. So if Sanity gets a WoOOl server up.. He will probably attract most of the LOMCN Community.

I don't get why you have to dig at sanity anyways.. What da f*ck has he ever done to you?? You'r just a troll.. P*ss off and leave sanity alone.. He can do what ever he bloody feels like doing.

If you want a good working woOOl files.. I'm sure there's a source and **** out there to figure out.. And get the f*ck out of here.

Anyways all the best Sanity!.

-Ash

hankhawkeye

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 20, 2013
thanks for your replies.

@sanity

while i would argue that everything you named in that list is indeed crap (as seems to be the custom with stuff from china) it's irrelevant because you've put no real work into those releases yourself. correct me if i'm wrong though, but it just seems very unlikely. did you code the SGL editor or were you somehow even remotely involved in that particular source? it's like i would just upload some random korean/chinese serverfiles and say that i'm the one that released them. these things you're naming don't actually help your case, it just looks like you're taking credit for something that you had no hand in. as i said though, if you were actively involved in or significantly contributed to these files, i apologize because i underestimated you. maybe we just have different interpretations of the term 'release'.

once again, i don't understand how you're getting the idea that i want everything handed to me so i don't have to put any effort in starting a server. if anything, my posts say the exact opposite. i have no interest in starting a server. i'd rather just play the games.

@ashleyuk

i'm sure sanity can handle himself, he's a big boy. but i can appreciate you standing up for him. and please refrain from using offensive language, there's no need.

saying that sanity will attract most of the lomcn community if he gets a server up is naive, even when considering the possibility that it would actually be any good. i've played on distant soulmates long long ago and from what i remember it struggled to maintain a healthy playerbase. i'm assuming that's also the reason it's not around anymore.

you are right though, sanity can do whatever he wants. if this is how he wants to spend his time, more power to him. and i'll spend my time criticizing when i feel like it. and i would imagine dealing with criticism is a pretty big aspect of running a server, i mean look at the guys who released Ace Mir2 (they did fantastic work, but still have to deal with criticism, ironically enough including from sanity). so no, i will not "piss off".

how's that career in 3d design going by the way? keep me updated.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
thanks for your replies.

@sanity

while i would argue that everything you named in that list is indeed crap (as seems to be the custom with stuff from china) it's irrelevant because you've put no real work into those releases yourself. correct me if i'm wrong though, but it just seems very unlikely. did you code the SGL editor or were you somehow even remotely involved in that particular source? it's like i would just upload some random korean/chinese serverfiles and say that i'm the one that released them. these things you're naming don't actually help your case, it just looks like you're taking credit for something that you had no hand in. as i said though, if you were actively involved in or significantly contributed to these files, i apologize because i underestimated you. maybe we just have different interpretations of the term 'release'.

once again, i don't understand how you're getting the idea that i want everything handed to me so i don't have to put any effort in starting a server. if anything, my posts say the exact opposite. i have no interest in starting a server. i'd rather just play the games.

@ashleyuk

i'm sure sanity can handle himself, he's a big boy. but i can appreciate you standing up for him. and please refrain from using offensive language, there's no need.

saying that sanity will attract most of the lomcn community if he gets a server up is naive, even when considering the possibility that it would actually be any good. i've played on distant soulmates long long ago and from what i remember it struggled to maintain a healthy playerbase. i'm assuming that's also the reason it's not around anymore.

you are right though, sanity can do whatever he wants. if this is how he wants to spend his time, more power to him. and i'll spend my time criticizing when i feel like it. and i would imagine dealing with criticism is a pretty big aspect of running a server, i mean look at the guys who released Ace Mir2 (they did fantastic work, but still have to deal with criticism, ironically enough including from sanity). so no, i will not "piss off".

how's that career in 3d design going by the way? keep me updated.

The first SGL Editor i was yes, the 2nd one which supports client 1.970 and onwards, no.

How can you sit there and say a server source code is a bad release? lol, go into Mir3 section and ask them if a released mir3 source code would be a bad release.
As for the SQL files i built them up from scratch, as i don't agree how Chinese script files (No offense).

You do realise the source your refering to "ACEM2" was once first called "BloodMir" then "362M2" and now "ACEM2" none of the acem2 had any part in coding what you see apart from tweaks to match Euro but please do continue on being a idiot, i have never taken any credit from my releases and am pretty sure i have mentioned names when i have for example "XSnows" who pretty much codes everything i release on here due to the fact she knows i do, she trying to help the English community with woool, next time i see her il tell her to make a account and release the stuff herself shall i?.

See again you hitting out on Ash about his 3D stuff, what the hell has that got to do with you really? what have you given or done for this community and what gives you the right to slate what people do? You just seems like a pathetic child to me.

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Been doing other stuff in my spare time.. i.e Games (Black Ops, MW3, LOL). Also I'm looking forward for next year at college! Going to start I.T Level 2 course.

I can do my 3D Stuff any time I feel like.. Funny that you had to go through my recent posts and find some't to get at me.. Too bad we can't check your recent posts because you don't even dare post on it.

I've got like another 2 Years with 3ds max.. And I'm taking a break from it.. I din't go so well with my Maths/English Exam so I'm gonna try focus on them then my 3D stuff.. Else I won't be able to get my I.T level 3 qualification.

I would love to know what you'r working on to be fair.. Probably just laying in bed on the computer/laptop and trolling people around the world.

Also If you don't like offensive language then Mate that life for you.. Everyone does it in anytime of there life.. I suppose I shouldn't swear'd that much but it ain't like we have little kiddies on LOMCN??

Anyways good luck sanity.

-Ash

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Could someone explain to me how the apprentice system works on Mir please?

As of yet i just have it some you can have a apprentice at
level 37 +,
you can only have 1 apprentice at a time,
apprentice must be online before request,
send request to apprentice,
apprentice accepts/declines invite.
apprentice displays the master name as a title on himself showing hes a apprentice,
Leave apprentice at anytime.
Master & apprentice while grouped have bonus EXP (Both must hit the mob to get it).

That's what i have so far but there is no purpose to this, how dose it work, what are the benefits as apprentice or as a master?.

Might give me a rough idea if i know how it works on mir so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

aivar79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
Could someone explain to me how the apprentice system works on Mir please?

As of yet i just have it some you can have a apprentice at
level 37 +,
you can only have 1 apprentice at a time,
apprentice must be online before request,
send request to apprentice,
apprentice accepts/declines invite.
apprentice displays the master name as a title on himself showing hes a apprentice,
Leave apprentice at anytime.
Master & apprentice while grouped have bonus EXP (Both must hit the mob to get it).

That's what i have so far but there is no purpose to this, how dose it work, what are the benefits as apprentice or as a master?, is more exp given to the apprentice while grouped?.

Might give me a rough idea if i know how it works on mir so any help would be appreciated.

Umm if you mean the master/student in mir3 for example then the student doesnt have to hit a mob to get exp, they just have to be in range. Both, master and student will get full exp from killing a mob, it does not get reduced. In some cases i´ve seen master getting bonus exp on top to make it more worthwhile for him. You can use master teleports to your master/ student even if one of them is dead, meaning that if both die, the other one can go back to town to reborn and get pots/items if needed without having to run/tele back to say floor 4-5 in dungeon.

Uncle

EDIT
* also once the student finishes his apprenticeship, both master and student get a reward - usually gold and in some cases a bit of game money (like yuan in woool case)

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Umm if you mean the master/student in mir3 for example then the student doesnt have to hit a mob to get exp, they just have to be in range. Both, master and student will get full exp from killing a mob, it does not get reduced. In some cases i´ve seen master getting bonus exp on top to make it more worthwhile for him. You can use master teleports to your master/ student even if one of them is dead, meaning that if both die, the other one can go back to town to reborn and get pots/items if needed without having to run/tele back to say floor 4-5 in dungeon.

Uncle

Don't like the sound of that if am honest, when you say teleport i assume recall?, what would stop people from making noob characters and just using them just to get pots or to repair?.

I have exp gains at 100% reguardless of level, so lets say a normal level 40 killing a deer would get 1exp, with student they would get the same exp a level 1 would which i believe is correct after reading on it sdo.

Il see if i can get it working on official and test it out, ty for the info though.

aivar79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
Don't like the sound of that if am honest, when you say teleport i assume recall?, what would stop people from making noob characters and just using them just to get pots or to repair?.

Yes, if multiclienting is allowed, it is possible to 1) create a noob and make it your student. 2) Go to leveling area with your high level char and
then use master scroll with your student to get to your main char and leave your noob there. Then you can level with your main char and if you die, use master scroll to get back to your noob. It works if the floor allows teleporting, if it is possible to multiclient from a computer or if you have several computers at home. Pretty much all mir3 servers have master-student in them. I´m pretty sure DSM had it working as well with 1.8 or something like that. The npc was in Mech City.

I have exp gains at 100% reguardless of level, so lets say a normal level 40 killing a deer would get 1exp, with student they would get the same exp a level 1 would which i believe is correct after reading on it sdo.

What I meant here is that in group of 2 the exp gets divided. The higher person nomally gets more exp than the lower one in group. Say 2 people in group (level 30 and 10) kill a mob that normally gives 10 exp. The higher one would get like 7 exp and lower one 3 exp from this mob. With master student these 2 people as master student and not in group would both get 10 exp without any loss.

Il see if i can get it working on official and test it out, ty for the info though.

No problem.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Ok so i spoke to some people today and they told me how the EXP is shared and the student dose not have to hit the mob to get the exp so that was a bug which is now fixed. The master gets more EXP then the student but you have a loss in exp depending on how high level the master is.

BronzeBeast 250 EXP

Master
145 EXP

Student
72EXP

Total EXP Gained 217 EXP from 250 = loss of 33 EXP due to level.

Student level = 20
Master Level = 40

How dose that sound?.

As for the Recall, it's done by command from what i been told.
Student
@AllowMasterRecall
Master
@MasterRecall

Last edited:

aivar79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
Ok so i spoke to some people today and they told me how the EXP is shared and the student dose not have to hit the mob to get the exp so that was a bug which is now fixed. The master gets more EXP then the student but you have a loss in exp depending on how high level the master is.

BronzeBeast 250 EXP

Master
145 EXP

Student
72EXP

Student level = 20
Master Level = 40

How dose that sound?.

Student
@AllowMasterRecall
Master
@MasterRecall

I don´t think the fact that Master would lose that much exp would go well with people. Usually master (in mir3) gets close to full exp, in your example that would be close to 250 and then the student gets less, say maybe half then in worst case? (125). I haven´t seen a mir3 server yet where master+student exp together is less than full exp from the mob. In case if master would get only 145 exp from BronzeBeast, it simply would not be worth it for the master. The 145/72 exp option you provided sounds more like a regular group exp distribution to me.

In mir3 master recall works using scrolls. Either master or student can click the scroll and teleport to the other. To activate the master/student relationship the student will 1st have to type @Accept and then the master will have to type @Receive ´char name´ if i´m correct.

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

BronzeBeast 250 EXP

Master
145 EXP

Student
72EXP

Student level = 20
Master Level = 40

How dose that sound?.

Student
@AllowMasterRecall
Master
@MasterRecall

Maybe add a Map Command so certain maps you can't use the system on.

-Ash

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I don´t think the fact that Master would lose that much exp would go well with people. Usually master (in mir3) gets close to full exp, in your example that would be close to 250 and then the student gets less, say maybe half then in worst case? (125). I haven´t seen a mir3 server yet where master+student exp together is less than full exp from the mob. In case if master would get only 145 exp from BronzeBeast, it simply would not be worth it for the master. The 145/72 exp option you provided sounds more like a regular group exp distribution to me.

In mir3 master recall works using scrolls. Either master or student can click the scroll and teleport to the other. To activate the master/student relationship the student will 1st have to type @Accept and then the master will have to type @Receive ´char name´ if i´m correct.

There is a lot more for Masters, with daily rewards which can be huge EXP Rewards along with prestige point rewards, they also have there own title system were the longer you master someone you have a special title, i think there are 6 in total, also there are ranks for masters.
I have no idea how this is calculated though, i would assume you would have to do something each day to obtain this reward, i think it's a quest line you have to complete, not sure il have to look into it.

NOMASTERRECALL is the map command which is working.

Last edited: