KaoriMiM - strange file size

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007
Hi.
I used KaoriMiM to make square tempest. First i tried to export all to images -> replace tempest -> import all to wil/wix but it wasnt working - dunno why. So i tried to import only images for tempest using KaoriMiM )without exporting to images. File is much bigger than before importing (40mb to 120mb lol). Today i find out why this happend (or i just belive i did) Screen.png .
Well for me it looks like when u add image and rebuild file it wont replace just add at end.

Did any1 tried this option (image import)? Or maybe some1 get same strange file size using kaorimim? Unfortunately, from what I see lately Kaori dont have time to do updates etc:(

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
If the new images are bigger than the previous ones, the library will be bigger too.

If it's adding the image at the end means that you're doing something wrong.

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Hi.
I used KaoriMiM to make square tempest. First i tried to export all to images -> replace tempest -> import all to wil/wix but it wasnt working - dunno why. So i tried to import only images for tempest using KaoriMiM )without exporting to images. File is much bigger than before importing (40mb to 120mb lol). Today i find out why this happend (or i just belive i did) View attachment 13503 .
Well for me it looks like when u add image and rebuild file it wont replace just add at end.

Did any1 tried this option (image import)? Or maybe some1 get same strange file size using kaorimim? Unfortunately, from what I see lately Kaori dont have time to do updates etc:(

Hi, you have to remove the previous libraries and then create the new libraries from images. If you don't, the new images are appended to the previous ones.

So, export, delete libraries, modify images, build from images.

wbrian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2007
Hi, you have to remove the previous libraries and then create the new libraries from images. If you don't, the new images are appended to the previous ones.

So, export, delete libraries, modify images, build from images.

I dont remember it now bcos i did it long time ago but i remember after i build lib from images i didnt see any skils from magicex2 in game (images was fine in other editor).

Thanks for answer and one more question.

How long it takes to build for example one mon file in kaorimim? Bcos on my lap it takes around 10min

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
I dont remember it now bcos i did it long time ago but i remember after i build lib from images i didnt see any skils from magicex2 in game (images was fine in other editor).

Thanks for answer and one more question.

How long it takes to build for example one mon file in kaorimim? Bcos on my lap it takes around 10min

Maybe your laptop is quite slow, but it certainly tooks a while.

Last edited: