[Other] mud3 words extract

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
i need a program that extracts all words from all files located in mud3 and in its sub folders and adds them in a list on a txt file. i already created a basic version of it but i cant make it extract chinese whole words only. the goal is to make a list of all mud3 words (in Chinese and then translate the list to english with google translate then with Advanced Find and Replace you make a 2 column word list (chinese to english) then you replace all words from mud3 through AFR in seconds.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
There is one problem with that, because of the different variants of Chinese translating exact into English isn't going to work properly. As some words in Chinese are whole sentences in English, so you have to second guess a lot of the translations. Your best bet, is to build your own program, to do the job you require and a good starting block is using VB.

However there are already translated Envir's around. VE Envir is a prime example.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
this has been done years ago back when liquid silver was around. However the translations from chinese to english are so poor you might as well just write all the npc quest files from scratch.

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
i tried to find and replace 28220 Chinese words with English words, it didn't go well. its gibberish