Map editor

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
So I am trying to edit a map using "MapEdit2.exe" which opens up Korean maps. However, when I edit the map, save it and go in game it comes out like this:

QbOZAEZ.png

It should look like this:

30sCU0h.png

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using a different map editor?

FYI when I open the file I saved, it shows correctly in the map editor but in game it shows messed up, weird.

---------- Post Merged on 03-05-2015 at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 02-05-2015 at 07:49 PM ----------

Anyone know? I have tried to convert the map too and it doesnt seem to help.

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Here is a download link to the map if anyone wants to try and guide me?

http://www.filedropper.com/sg004old

Opens with 'MapEdit2.exe' and when saved and tried in game the objects won't show correctly around the walls.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i tried that mapeditor i uploaded and it seems to resave the map in a strange format that the c# client doesn't recognize.

what i had to do was edit the map in mapedit2.exe, then open it in td's map editor, then resave it again. then it worked in c#

long winded, but it works.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
i tried that mapeditor i uploaded and it seems to resave the map in a strange format that the c# client doesn't recognize.

what i had to do was edit the map in mapedit2.exe, then open it in td's map editor, then resave it again. then it worked in c#

long winded, but it works.

I just got overly excited and tried it but didn't work. I followed what you said opened the SG004.map in MapEdit2.exe, edited it and saved it. Then opened it in MapEdit.exe (td's one), saved it and tried it in game but getting the same messed up object like first image I posted. Maybe I am missing something here? It's just around the edges of the map(the walls) that become messed up.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
could be the old map editor issue that it doesn't support the new tiles because the index isn't big enough. smavid goes on about it alot, but apparently most map editors can't read past a certain index, so they look fine in the editor but when you view in game it's messed up.

i expect that's why we needed td's map editor in the first place.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
So there is no actual fix for this not unless someone completes TD's unfinished map editor? I can't even seem to open the SG004.map in TD's map editor not unless I edit it first using the MapEdit2.exe but then it just messed up the objects. So did it not work for you then?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i haven't tried your map - but if its not working for you i doubt it would do anything diff for me.

yeah best option is getting td's map editor finished - though tbh i'm struggling to get it even opening maps lately.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
i haven't tried your map - but if its not working for you i doubt it would do anything diff for me.

yeah best option is getting td's map editor finished - though tbh i'm struggling to get it even opening maps lately.

Yeah it opens quite a few maps but there are a odd few that it stops responding when opening. Anyway, thanks for the help it's a shame it's unfinished source.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
funny enough the map opens fine when i open it (using the map editor i released)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
funny enough the map opens fine when i open it (using the map editor i released)

i def think this is down to other dependencies it needs. It used to open all maps for me too, but since i've formatted it only opens old map types.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Shortys map edit, with korean files converted to old .wil format & nobody can use Shanda unless they rob from Chronciles. All these map edits are riddled with problems.. i was playing with 5 different ones last night and i resorted to Shortys and one other for PB placements otherwise i deleted others.

Simple map solution for you.

BIGMAN11

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Feb 28, 2015
Shortys map edit, with korean files converted to old .wil format & nobody can use Shanda unless they rob from Chronciles. All these map edits are riddled with problems.. i was playing with 5 different ones last night and i resorted to Shortys and one other for PB placements otherwise i deleted others.

Simple map solution for you.

wise words from the map king himself ladies n gentlemen