Any decent MMOs out there?

smoochy boys on tour

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has found / or is playing any decent games at the moment? I'm looking for a good PVP based game with progression, not a fan of these pay to win games so would rather avoid these..

I enjoyed the pvp side of WOW but don't want to go back to that or the monthly payments..

Anyone able to share any games they are currently enjoying?

Apologies for brief detail, thought i'd get a quick cheeky thread in whilst at work ;)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
F2P? Aion, best PVP i ever seen, but it's a PVP mmo, the PVE side of things is kinder crap.

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
F2P? Aion, best PVP i ever seen, but it's a PVP mmo, the PVE side of things is kinder crap.

Hate to disagree but yeah personal preference etc.. Best F2P for pvp must be Tera. NCsoft have some goodish games going though try them most or all are F2P.

If you like a Grind check Lineage 2, I never tried pvp there so can't comment on that, but youtube could answer that question for you. Good luck.

Last edited:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
go back to wow and pay with gold
or just wait till legion

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Wildstar just went F2P and I find it's PvP very fun. However they had a bad transition to F2P and it is rather laggy atm

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Giving that DrakenSang a bash, seems alright early on but not sure what the pvp will like.. doubt it will be any good.. anyone else playing it?
Might dl Tera later in the week

---------- Post Merged on 06-10-2015 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-10-2015 at 11:39 PM ----------

I took a quick look at wildstar on youtube and actually looks quite fun, will try it out - also looked at skyforge and that also looks good. Tried drakensang and it's a bit diablo-ish at the mo, although i'm still a noob and early in the game

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
drakensang is awesome, its very to drop a 5er on it and become 10x tougher than anyone of similar level. i advise playing it with a friend, it awesome that way, chasing people around maps etc.

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
sorry to pop up this thread but is there any new mmo's up i used to play archeage but now its dead and all i had really alot of fun in it but problem was it was too much p2w but i loved the playstyle and all

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Depends what you mean by PVP.
If its Mir style where its more PK and against the other party's wishes then Lineage 2 won't be for you. You can do it but there are in game options to restrict it.
If its a mutual fight, there are good challenges in the Olympiad. One on one and you really need to know your stuff to win.
Lineage 2 also has forts and castles similar to Sabuk Wall only better.
Its free to play but has a marketplace for bonus scrolls etc.
The game has easy quests that rush you to 84/85 and that's where the main game starts.
The old original crafting has been destroyed and only has any worth for some shots and then items after lvl 85.

Graphics are always good too.

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Depends what you mean by PVP.
If its Mir style where its more PK and against the other party's wishes then Lineage 2 won't be for you. You can do it but there are in game options to restrict it.
If its a mutual fight, there are good challenges in the Olympiad. One on one and you really need to know your stuff to win.
Lineage 2 also has forts and castles similar to Sabuk Wall only better.
Its free to play but has a marketplace for bonus scrolls etc.
The game has easy quests that rush you to 84/85 and that's where the main game starts.
The old original crafting has been destroyed and only has any worth for some shots and then items after lvl 85.

Graphics are always good too.
Something similar to archeage like faction vs faction or open world pvp something like that and lineage 2 is pretty old tbh i'd want something more interesting thnx<3

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
blade and soul was fun once you get used to the combat and black desert is half decent beautiful game tho

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Albion Online.
FINAL BETA
LAUNCH DATE: AUGUST 1, 2016
Game will be release around Nov. 2016
This game is true cross-platform sandbox MMO, running on different devices like Windows, Android and IOS.
But you have to buy the game.

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Why not a WoW private server like Dalaran?

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/

I tried it, very good just a lonely game without friends/decent guild so got bored - also im only a casual sort of player and lots of side parts/quests for me to compete with others.