D3, any good?

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
I used to play this a couple years back, completed the campaign and then got bored - the story mode was repetitive and for me, just made it incredibly boring.

What's it like now? Is the PVP any good? Is it easy enough to find groups in order to progress? And also, is there enough content outside of the story to occupy your normal solo player (I hear there is an adventure mode now?).

Any info is appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to group up, give me a shout - gonna try and re-install it this evening.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I used to play this a couple years back, completed the campaign and then got bored - the story mode was repetitive and for me, just made it incredibly boring.

What's it like now? Is the PVP any good? Is it easy enough to find groups in order to progress? And also, is there enough content outside of the story to occupy your normal solo player (I hear there is an adventure mode now?).

Any info is appreciated. Also, if anyone wants to group up, give me a shout - gonna try and re-install it this evening.

Same stuff really.
AdventureMode has bounties which requires you to complete like 5 mini mission in an act to get a cache which drops loot.
You open a rift which is a randomly generated map with random monsters, kill monsters to fill up your progression bar to spawn a random boss (from a small collection) - they can drop keys (may have changed in latest patches) that open greater rifts which requires you to do the same as above but in a time limit, you can also select a difficulty which makes monsters harder, more loot etc etc (times and levels are put on a leader board so players can compete - this is what people aim to achieve after a month of playing). You also get gems from greater rifts which you can upgrade, the higher your gem the harder to upgrade, the higher the rift the more chance to upgrade.

There are seasons which basically requires you to start fresh every few months - fun for probably the first week, i usually collect all the season rewards then stop playing again :|

I've never played PVP, don't think I could find it but I heard it was stupid and pointless. There is no balance between classes for it to work well.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
If your a casual gamer you'll get bored in a month, as TheDayIDie said, I'm only going in-game each season for the rewards I play an odd hour every other day until I'm bored of the class I started then I run another class if I can be bothered.

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
If your a casual gamer you'll get bored in a month, as TheDayIDie said, I'm only going in-game each season for the rewards I play an odd hour every other day until I'm bored of the class I started then I run another class if I can be bothered.

Great game, but I agree, got bored after one month.