Few testers needed

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Hi all

I'm currently working on a wool server and have been for just over a month, I've managed to translate a lot of the client which currently is my main priority.
Although when I'm doing this I would like a few people testing the game for me, such as skills etc.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will provide you with the client.

Thanks

Just adding to this post for new comers, we finished the first phase of testing and planned to bring the server down while we made changes etc.
Although I was asked if I would keep it up during this time so I have agreed. This being the case the updates will not be implemented on a daily basis while myself and Sanity do our work.

So if you would like to jump on and have a little go please feel free to download the client , but please don't expect perfection we are still in very early client testing.

please find the client and any further information at

Westernwoool

Last edited:

stivy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 18, 2005
Dorset
i would love to test been hoping a wool server would be upcoming again soon been a long time :)

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
I will drop you the client download ink as soon as I have it uploaded should be within the next 15 mins

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
me too

---------- Post Merged on 14-10-2016 at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 12-10-2016 at 08:45 PM ----------

Can you reupload client, or whats up? Still interested btw

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Ok guys a lot most of the client is now translated and all skills are working. If you are interested in testing please drop me a private msg for the download link.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Any bugs found can you post them here please, anyone experienced with official woool if you see something not working the way it should could you post also.

Langley89

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Just afew things i found, not sure if you know about any of it.

* tao pet skeleton poisons when attacks.
* tao pet skeleton has weird wrtting infront of name.
* tao skill spirit sword not lvling.
* HPBundle(S) dosnt unbind to single pots not sure about mp ones or (M),(L) Bundles.
* when you press ctrl A for pet mode it says Under:Attack Should be PetAttackMode:Attack or smmt?
* dont have to have amulets equiped to be able to use skills like sfb, amulet can just be in bag same for poison buns, (if you have both Green and red in bag and cast the spell on mob first time it greens the mob second time you use it, while mob is still green, it uses red)

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Just afew things i found, not sure if you know about any of it.

* tao pet skeleton poisons when attacks.
* tao pet skeleton has weird wrtting infront of name.
* tao skill spirit sword not lvling.
* HPBundle(S) dosnt unbind to single pots not sure about mp ones or (M),(L) Bundles.
* when you press ctrl A for pet mode it says Under:Attack Should be PetAttackMode:Attack or smmt?
* dont have to have amulets equiped to be able to use skills like sfb, amulet can just be in bag same for poison buns, (if you have both Green and red in bag and cast the spell on mob first time it greens the mob second time you use it, while mob is still green, it uses red)

Skeleton is fixed, also the writing will just be "Level" just ins't translated yet.

Seems to be a problem with melee skills like SpiritSword,Fencing etc not leveling i will look into it tomorrow.

The bundles at the moment not unbind, they just get used like Dura 6/6, i already fixed this and will add in tomorrow.

Amulets and Poison will get fixed also.

Thanks.

Langley89

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
2 mobs you might need to look at.
GoreFiend and PoisonDemon.
there Attack speed seems to be far above normal :P

---------- Post Merged on 29-10-2016 at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-10-2016 at 04:32 PM ----------

a problem with the wizard spell Shock( called temptaion in shop )
when i use the spell on a target..
1) it doesn't work/no effect on mob.
2) it makes my wizz auto use fireball after i use shock.
also the group exp, not sure if its a level gap thing or it just dont work but
theres a group of 2 one level 40 and one level 18 when a mob dies it doesn't share the exp it just goes to who ever killed the mob.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
2 mobs you might need to look at.
GoreFiend and PoisonDemon.
there Attack speed seems to be far above normal :P

---------- Post Merged on 29-10-2016 at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-10-2016 at 04:32 PM ----------

a problem with the wizard spell Shock( called temptaion in shop )
when i use the spell on a target..
1) it doesn't work/no effect on mob.
2) it makes my wizz auto use fireball after i use shock.
also the group exp, not sure if its a level gap thing or it just dont work but
theres a group of 2 one level 40 and one level 18 when a mob dies it doesn't share the exp it just goes to who ever killed the mob.

Temptation is the taming skill, you have to use it on the monsters you can tame, i only added a few monsters so far until i get a official list.
When you cast Temptation is automatically casts Fireball? Have you turned off Auto skills in settings? I don't think they have been translated but it's the 3rd tab, just untick all box's on that page and let me know if that solved it.

I'm pretty sure this group share exp is normal, Their is a mentoring system that will be added when i get around to it, this will let you use a high level player to level a low level player.

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
i will play first time wool xD i hope its great ;p and i hope its not will be low rate ;p

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
dose not run on windows 10 then?

got it working

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Code:
Skill levels should now be fixed 1-3
Familiar (SummonSkele) no longer poisons
WarFamiliar (TwinSkeleton) no longer poisons
SpiritSword fixed
Fencing fixed
Halfmoon fixed
CrossHalfmoon fixed
Thrusting fixed
PoisonDemon speed fixed
Gorefiend fixed
All bundles should now unbind instead of running off dura

Any more problems with skills let me know please.

Langley89

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Code:
Skill levels should now be fixed 1-3
Familiar (SummonSkele) no longer poisons
WarFamiliar (TwinSkeleton) no longer poisons
SpiritSword fixed
Fencing fixed
Halfmoon fixed
CrossHalfmoon fixed
Thrusting fixed
PoisonDemon speed fixed
Gorefiend fixed
All bundles should now unbind instead of running off dura

Any more problems with skills let me know please.

bundles dont unbind
the w8 on bundles. for a single small drug the w8 is 1 but for a bundle the w8 is 14, but the bundle only holds 6 pots so the w8 should be 6 or 8 ish?

also on bundles you buy a small bundle for 1k and singles only cost 80 so the price for a bundle should be 500-600?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
bundles dont unbind
the w8 on bundles. for a single small drug the w8 is 1 but for a bundle the w8 is 14, but the bundle only holds 6 pots so the w8 should be 6 or 8 ish?

also on bundles you buy a small bundle for 1k and singles only cost 80 so the price for a bundle should be 500-600?

Knew the was something i was forgetting to add to the server -.-, should be ok now, il sort the costs out another time.

I will focus on fixing the group exp share and look more into the mentoring system more, although looking at it, it should work but the group exp share is messed up so once that's fixed it should be ok.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
Exp is very low

I had some message come across screen telling me not to forget to use my novice pack , i dont have a novice pack , where do i get one?

The snow lotus that you get when you login is fine, but it goes when you log/die

Perhaps add a small guide for players who are completely new to WoooL, as alot of people will not know where the caves to level etc are.

WoodenSwords have luck +7

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:52 AM ----------

ignore the bit about exp being low, upon further investigation it appears i was quick to say it was low, its quite a nice rate tbh.

have got to level 33 in about an hour or so

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:04 AM ----------

where to get level 25+ skillbooks?

could you possibly add all skills to shop or something?