Status
Not open for further replies.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Currently Jamie doest want body drops in game

do people think it's a good idea to allow or disable body drops?

Currently being discussed on discord.

What do people think would be best for the server??

Jamie knows that I was gonna make a post I asked before I made it

Post your opinions.

Last edited:

damo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2004
i think more fighting if no drops tbh, and people will fight more if they dont drop, personally i like no pk drops from char, bag is fine.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
It's Jamie's ****ing server he will do what he wants.

On topic , to many new/ low level players get PKd by dickheads and lose their items and quit , realistically in a long term server , I would rather have all the noobs who can't fight ( 80% of Mir players ) happy that they aren't dropping items and keep playing , than the people who can and will PK , be happy , as there is more noobs who can't fight. , than can fight.

if you all actually listened and thought about it , there are far more rewards that jamie can put in instead of dropping items from PK , guild v guild wars for Sabuk etc , where you potentially could drop items , will be amazing.

The reward for fighting will be gaining control of that area when you win , be it a KR , a levelling cave , or a town storage npc.

This server will be pretty huge usercount , he has to cater to the masses , obviously if every man and his dog votes to keep body drops in from Pk , then **** it.

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
It's Jamie's ****ing server he will do what he wants.

On topic , to many new/ low level players get PKd by dickheads and lose their items and quit , realistically in a long term server , I would rather have all the noobs who can't fight ( 80% of Mir players ) happy that they aren't dropping items and keep playing , than the people who can and will PK , be happy , as there is more noobs who can't fight. , than can fight.

if you all actually listened and thought about it , there are far more rewards that jamie can put in instead of dropping items from PK , guild v guild wars for Sabuk etc , where you potentially could drop items , will be amazing.

The reward for fighting will be gaining control of that area when you win , be it a KR , a levelling cave , or a town storage npc.

This server will be pretty huge usercount , he has to cater to the masses , obviously if every man and his dog votes to keep body drops in from Pk , then **** it.

New low level players wont have good items to lose , and being red is normally a pretty bad thing, you can not buy pots and guards fk you up so on

low level players are not going to be pked for there items

90% of people that get pked are getting pked because of there own actions

there are very few players that just pk people for no reason.

if you can turn someone red with no risk to your self , this is when the dickheads will start griefing

how do you deal with someone taking your subs in Banya island for example , takes less then 8 seconds 2 get back

you pk them to stop them stealing off you they tele back and you have to pk them again

if they risked losing kit maybe that person wont come back.

No one is gonna risk cursing there weapons and going red when it makes you unable to get pots, just too steal shop kit off "noobs"

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
how do you deal with someone taking your subs in Banya island for example , takes less then 8 seconds 2 get back

you pk them to stop them stealing off you they tele back and you have to pk them again

if they risked losing kit maybe that person wont come back.

No one is gonna risk cursing there weapons and going red when it makes you unable to get pots, just too steal shop kit off "noobs"

If that person could drop items then that person will come back in shop kit..

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
If that person could drop items then that person will come back in shop kit..

and if they come back in shop gear they can no longer hit the subs, so can no longer try steal the subs you can just ignore them

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Hey on Albion when you die you loose your WHOLE KIT, so maybe implement a crafting system and when you die you loose everything on you?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
If you got super rare items no dura then it'll be luckies richest will win.

In my opinion i would prefer no insanely rare kit, and it be more common/easily obtained to stop only 1 person having that item and being elite.

That doesnt mean a rarer special version of an item cant drop but it keeps people in similar kits. Balance is always thrown by insanely kitted va the nooby kitted.

Summary of this is, that if no drops happen drop rates, kit population, and dura needs to reflect that, its not just as simple as off/on

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I vote pk drops on, love a good tussle with people in caves and fighting for bosses, and risking your kit for theirs, seems fair

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
I like pk drops, but euro mir3 had death drops from mobs, pk didnt drop. Global had the wemade buff with all drops switched off if i remember rightly. Euro did have an exp penalty for dying, wasn't massive depending on level was around maybe 0.1%, this applied to pk and mob deaths, couldnt de-level.

I think the best way to suit most is something of the following.

below level 22 - no drops from mob/pk death (unless you are red)
level 22 -33 can drop from mob death no pk death (unless you are red)
level 33+ can drop from mob/pk

SW/MW wars no drops from bag/body during war.
Guild vs guild declared wars, no body drops only bag drops when pk'd. Mobs still cause body drops as per above levels. Make guild wars have a cooldown so they cannot be constantly spammed.

If level 33+ and killed by someone over 10 levels higher than you then no body drop, but can drop from bag. (unless you are red)

Euro Mir3 had tiered item rarity which dropped from body less often - something of the following to calculate death drops

0-500 pk points, max 1 item from body, 501-1000 max 2 items, 1001+ max 3 items
Normal item - 5% chance to drop on death, quality items, 1% chance to drop on death, rare items 0.1% chance to drop on death. This is a per item chance, so roll each item. If more than 1 item would drop, then select x items from random out of the ones that would of dropped. Equipped torches etc class as body drops

0-100 pk points = white, 101-300pk points = yellow, 301+ pk points = red.

People wont be dropping all their kit this way, will make killing sub 33's unrewarding and you will just curse and gain pk points, then further down the line it will also prevent higher levels spanking lower guys for their kit. Will encourage guild vs guild wars (gold sink) where people can fight without fear of losing good kit. Also means going red will still be discouraged, given you will lose the pk body drop protection rules above. Should help prevent people griefing noobs but still allow some competition/battles between enemy guilds.

Could also add in a craftable/purchaseable item (gold sink, maybe only available at siege castle to boost castle income) to add drop protection to equipment, so if it was going to drop as per above it would just remove the drop protection and player keeps item. Would only work on items on body not in bag.

Hopefully Jamie will also add in penal cave, so red players can still report/tt etc and get the keys to escape and rare chance of pot drop to reduce pk points.

death drops would not be instanced like mob drops, so free to be picked up by anyone.

Sure jamie is open to idea's, not just an opinion poll of the masses.

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
No drops at all. PK points are instead used as currency. Get X amount of PK points per kill. Apply diminishing returns to each kill of same person/account. Have a daily cap that isn't really hard to get too, thus not requiring exploiting/cheating.

Lets bring Mir's mechanics up to date.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I like PK drops, the thought of losing items or even heavy exp loss gives PVP an edge. To avoid 'griefing' you obviously have things like RT/TT allowed on most floors (bar usual last floors/boss) and the rarity of an item dictates it's drop rate: normal 30%, unique 20%, rare 10% etc....you can also punish 'red status' accordingly. To avoid this, players will then try to exploit 'guild wars' to enable free pking etc but that can be easily countered.

Meh, at the end of the day I view Mir 3 as a 'hardcore' game with long hours of grinding and personally feel most things should be allowed (abuse, pking, afk bullshit - no policing!), for me, my fondest moments always involved guild wars/SW/DMW wars/guild hunts and random PKs whilst levelling.

It'll be a shame if PK drops aren't in, have to resort to good old Interchange into mobs instead for drops, ahh and interchanging 'noobs' during pvp to make players red. Good times!

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Glad a lot of people feel the same way, Mir has always been high risk/reward game

for or those who don't wanna drop items / be involved in pk they can do what people have done for years rt/tt to avoid it.

Hopefully everything we say is took on board.

Da Warrio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
As I said in discord, allow people the choice to get added benefit like increased drop/exp but can drop from body vs those people who dont.

Make it character bound on startup or a hefty price to reverse. Give these characters a different colour/animation so they stand out to players too.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
As I said in discord, allow people the choice to get added benefit like increased drop/exp but can drop from body vs those people who dont.

Make it character bound on startup or a hefty price to reverse. Give these characters a different colour/animation so they stand out to players too.

You then run into issues such as those players being involved in guild wars, SW/DMWs, boss/mob luring etc. Using their 'buff' to advantage others in their group etc.

I don't think it needs to be that complicated. RT/TTing allowed and plenty of equivalent levelling areas (no mini map areas) giving players options if they've just had to rt/tt away from a 'pker'.

Also as a side note, items/skills will be correctly calibrated so that we don't have beckon then BS = PK. Plenty of time for a player to rt....

drakey

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 26, 2011
Glad a lot of people feel the same way, Mir has always been high risk/reward game

for or those who don't wanna drop items / be involved in pk they can do what people have done for years rt/tt to avoid it.

Hopefully everything we say is took on board.

+1

The only issue you need to solve is players attacking very low levels and people bringing noobs into fights to grief

I would say something like;

Pk points 10x if killing a player more than 10 levels below you
No pk points in towns/provinces - to stop griefing

Status
Not open for further replies.