HispaRed Mir 2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: WIP Oasis map.

Re: WIP Oasis map.

Quote Originally Posted by SmavidDavid View Post
    iJam has actually frozen off all woodland areas and had turned just the city into a map alone. It is a big city, I would be reluctant to using unless you had it as a boss map with various bosses around town and in shops.
    It looks to be a nice event map too, plenty of space to play with!
    What's the actual map size, as I have never actually checked.

2. HispaRed

Quote Originally Posted by LightBringer View Post
    It looks to be a nice event map too, plenty of space to play with!
    What's the actual map size, as I have never actually checked.
    560x600

Map size in general isn't an issue in itself, its about how well the space is utilized.

Your right in saying big maps are generally boring, but that's simply because the design of most the outdoor maps we have is severely flawed. They have a big town, with at best a handful of other 'points', a random house or watchtower beside an exit etc. over the whole map. The rest is just tiled floors with a few trees.

Maybe its because they are not designed for hunting on, as one would expect from say a dungeon. Tho if you consider the size comparison between any standard 5f cave/temple and what an open map allows for, they wont be so different.

Tho all of that aside i think people perception is slightly skewed in favor of whats 'normal'. If we take PT for example, that's 7/8 floors of basically the same wall tile, that is laughably simple and less than interesting to even look at. I'm sure we have all spent an unmentionable amount of time in there over the years.

So as a serious question, why is that more generally accepted over an outdoor map? Despite it being without a doubt far less visually pleasing.
    Last edited by Chalace; 24-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalace View Post
    560x600
    Oh it's not tooo bad then, its a fair bit of work to populate!

Still working on 5 huge province maps (populating and such) and it is a big task

Trying to build the SMtiles atm... Makes me want to sit in the corner and cry.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:53 AM ----------

There is literally no indication whatsoever how some of this are supposed to be built.
    Last edited by Chalace; 25-10-2017 at 06:59 AM.

I serve no purpose whatsoever SmavidDavid's Avatar

Trying to build the SMtiles atm... Makes me want to sit in the corner and cry.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:53 AM ----------

There is literally no indication whatsoever how some of this are supposed to be built.
    Oh how I do not envy you.

This is my issue as the left left down right right left left down down process on tiles etc (left n right qtys' are guess not looked in ages) is just an absolute bugger!
    -Ex Apocalypse Team
    -Ex KARAT Team

As much as i want to have them done to use, it is just getting beyond reasonable. taken me 4hours to make 30 SMTiles this morning...

Usually there is an empty space to separate one set from another, which helps a tonne. However in the Shanda sets there are no spaces! Literally just a case of here's 4000 desert cells, enjoy~

I serve no purpose whatsoever SmavidDavid's Avatar

As much as i want to have them done to use, it is just getting beyond reasonable. taken me 4hours to make 30 SMTiles this morning...

Usually there is an empty space to separate one set from another, which helps a tonne. However in the Shanda sets there are no spaces! Literally just a case of here's 4000 desert cells, enjoy~
    4 hours? Pfft, all these naysayers saying I'm old hat... would've taken 5minutes for me.

#ShandaProblems
    #EditorSucks
    #DoYouEvenMapBro

In all seriousness have fun, I've spent days building and deleting objects to perfect them & tweek when I notice mistakes.
    -Ex Apocalypse Team
    -Ex KARAT Team

The actual object aren't really an issue, easy to tell whats belongs to what, just time consuming.
    Just these silly floor SMTiles driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Far View Post
    Yeah it's one of the newer Shanda maps, which has also now been more recently shrunk (made worse) and added to wemade mir2 official.
    I kind of assumed given what i have encountered so far in the Shanda files. However, I am disappointed to find the city is not even remotely modular, it is basically just one big picture cut up.

I will play with it at some point but I think any major changes will require a lot of work to look right.

Akaras old thread being bumped led me to her MinimapCreator (not one i used before) and i wanted to try it. It actually worked!

I've been meaning to update this for a while. However, i don't want to post 'almost complete' screenshots after spending what feels like hundreds of hours on this. You will have to wait until it's complete (it is all but done besides the top right quater)

Here is an old version to show the scale and early development i made over the initial itteration.
    The right side is green!

Now the quest line has progressed, i can finish off the last bit to complete the map.
    (The map is made around the story, rather than trying to make the story fit the map)

1300*1300 Takes about 4 minutes to run corner to corner on a mount (Ignoring terrain)

Glad the minimap creator worked for this... not sure what max map size would be for creating minimaps but this is quite large and I like that it worked hehe

looking great so far

Yeah, glad I stumbled across it. I had tried what I thought was all the options before, and they all crashed.
    It did (Not responding) for a while mind

This produces far better maps than what i was using before with the border. They always came out in weird sizes.

did you complete this map? I would love to see the finished product!
    ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

I haven't gotten around to finishing off the last quarter yet, no.
    All in good time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12