Notice/Warning Zircon Server File "Leak".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I've confirmed zed as thepig on more than one occasion in this thread. Selective reading?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
I still struggle to understand why Zed keeps saying he isn't interested in the files yet wants to buy them? Personally i don't buy things i have no interest in that saves money space and time lol but maybe I'm just normal eh just admit it Zed you like what Jamie has done just salty that he has been the one to do it..

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Though I do not agree with the actions these two took, I can also see why they are so ****ed off with Jamie.

I mean, that's one big ****ing carrot and its diminished not only the population of the oldest Mir3 server, but all the other servers, even chronicles lol. Kudo's to Jamie coding skills and project management, but needless to say, its a massive dick slap to all the other devs that have put in the time and effort, we have people like Akaras continuing to make amazing applications for the progression of Mir.

Personally, I'd like to see all the developers / designers and other variants come together and make ONE awesome version of Mir (or something in the essence of mir). After all , this community is far from huge and to have it divided by multiple servers is kinda ****.

The same happened back when AppleM2 / Heroes files were being worked on, we had a fair few working on an open source project and then AppleM2 was overhauled / fixed and used as "AceM2", then turned into Chronicles. This ultimately killed the open project that so many were working on , right up until the stage where C# was being worked on and until that point, LOMCN was stale as ****.

Same with Crystal, it was being worked on, releases left right and centre, then Marble was released (comparable to the AceM2 scenario) and evidently this has slowed down the progression of Crystal Development.

Obviously we never had any Open Mir3 Projects, but needless to say if there were any that they wouldn't be as progressive now that Zircon is out.

Again these are just facts, I for one don't care so much nowadays as its clear there's no real development on any open projects here on LOMCN (the funs gone now), its back to its closed project position and it will stay that way until something better than Crystal is released.

Not sure about everyone else, but I much prefer it when we all work together on open projects, it brings life to this forum and the releases created by the community were always outstanding.

It's a shame, its a really nice community when we work together and I've never really been a fan of playing the game. The only person I have any interest in helping nowadays are the ones on open projects and primarily Akaras, we need more of him, and maybe a few more Far's.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Sorry Breezer, i read that first paragraph and couldn't go no further, what's Jamie meant to do ? Dumb down his work so other people's server can do well. It's a great thing for Mir3 it just goes to show after all these Year Mir3 could of done well under decent files.. Don't make it Jamie problem Zedina didn't want to take his server creating to the next step.

Also it's not a slap in the face to other Dev, it's a server for them to thrive and think well if Jamie did it if we put our time in we can make a nice smooth server like this now they see it's possible and it's not Like Jamie wouldn't give out some tips if a serious Mir3 Dev wanted to make something and got stuck in the code.

Jealousy was the root to all of this **** in the first place.. Let's just cut it out.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Though I do not agree with the actions these two took, I can also see why they are so ****ed off with Jamie.

I mean, that's one big ****ing carrot and its diminished not only the population of the oldest Mir3 server, but all the other servers, even chronicles lol. Kudo's to Jamie coding skills and project management, but needless to say, its a massive dick slap to all the other devs that have put in the time and effort, we have people like Akaras continuing to make amazing applications for the progression of Mir.

Personally, I'd like to see all the developers / designers and other variants come together and make ONE awesome version of Mir (or something in the essence of mir). After all , this community is far from huge and to have it divided by multiple servers is kinda ****.

The same happened back when AppleM2 / Heroes files were being worked on, we had a fair few working on an open source project and then AppleM2 was overhauled / fixed and used as "AceM2", then turned into Chronicles. This ultimately killed the open project that so many were working on , right up until the stage where C# was being worked on and until that point, LOMCN was stale as ****.

Same with Crystal, it was being worked on, releases left right and centre, then Marble was released (comparable to the AceM2 scenario) and evidently this has slowed down the progression of Crystal Development.

Obviously we never had any Open Mir3 Projects, but needless to say if there were any that they wouldn't be as progressive now that Zircon is out.

Again these are just facts, I for one don't care so much nowadays as its clear there's no real development on any open projects here on LOMCN (the funs gone now), its back to its closed project position and it will stay that way until something better than Crystal is released.

Not sure about everyone else, but I much prefer it when we all work together on open projects, it brings life to this forum and the releases created by the community were always outstanding.

It's a shame, its a really nice community when we work together and I've never really been a fan of playing the game. The only person I have any interest in helping nowadays are the ones on open projects and primarily Akaras, we need more of him, and maybe a few more Far's.

I would put the blame at the other developers running servers, if another server is dragging your players away then they clearly ain't doing the work Jamie is.
Chrons i can tell you that it's been neglected for the past year or so and i have no idea why it's still running as it's developers have no interest in it anymore.

The Applem2 source is heroes source, it was far more updated then the heroes source they had on here so of course they would switch to it, but the main devs working on the heroes source wanted to open their own server so they went private.

It's all well and good having a open source developments until you just see people taking it and going off and doing there own thing with it and don't contribute to anything, Paragon being one of them so of course when developers who work on the source for others see this type of thing they will feel like giving up.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
right up until the stage where C# was being worked on and until that point, LOMCN was stale as ****.

You are welcome, people had 2 ~ 3 years to work on C# Files (Renamed to Crystal) them before I started to even work on Marble files.

Its Nothing Like the AceM2 situation at all, Marble was a completely separate project on a completely new set of source files. AceM2 Closed sourced and never released as it was intended to be.

So I shouldn't have created Zircon and Left Mir 3 to "die"?

How can you have the expectation of anyone to release such projects when this is the attitude many have? Very few people actually know or care to know how much work was done before C# Files were made open and to be frank, leaves a very stale taste on ones mouth.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Delphi Mir 3 code was released in 2011, people had 7 years to bring them to a usable state and it never happened.

Regarding the rest of your post, no one is under any obligation to release code for their projects and Jamie created the C# (Crystal) project, something I'm not sure he gets enough credit for.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Delphi Mir 3 code was released in 2011, people had 7 years to bring them to a usable state and it never happened.

Regarding the rest of your post, no one is under any obligation to release code for their projects and Jamie created the C# (Crystal) project, something I'm not sure he gets enough credit for.

The burn.....

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
The frequency of releases by the community for open project sources seem to dip down when something better comes along and most of the time its closed source, never did I say that closed sources shouldn't be a thing...I'm merely stating trends. Don't get me wrong, we are more than grateful for the footing stone Jamie created with the C# files and I'm fully aware they were about for a long time way before anything really started to happen with them, but it is also notable that as soon as development started on C# by multiple members of this community (not going to add myself here because I jumped in way toward the end) the forum had a surge of life.

As for Mir3, I'm some what uneducated on this set of files, the most I ever done for Mir3 was sorting through maps for Heroes, so forgive me for my lack of knowledge on that part.

Again, I will state that I'm not telling people to release anything but its evident that when people do, it makes the forum thrive...obviously I've hit a nerve on both of you (ironic) but facts are fact. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by my attitude Jamie, I've clearly given you Kudo's for the creation of C# in many other threads and even pretty impressed with your current work, I understand that you feel a lack of appreciation given the work you put into them, but I think the fact people continued and progressed on something you created was pretty decent of them and showed more than enough appreciation (and to keep it open source). So I am also going to say thank you to those individuals that made such an impact on the project you provided.

All I am stating is that Open Projects seem to make this place thrive, and the latter which are seemingly better than the open projects are ultimately what makes them stop, not saying anyone should release anything I'm just using it as an example for why certain people may be pissed off. Sorry if I've pissed anyone off but its the truth, after all, we are a community and without one another, it wouldn't have gotten to the stage its at today...

Is it really that bad of me to want people to work with each other? I'd love to go around and pat everyone on the back for the work they've provided, I could make a shortlist of the ones I think deserve just as much gratitude as Jamie but end of day just seeing your work being used for me and many others is appreciation enough. Seems every time I open my mouth on this forum I get nothing but ridicule and my only aim is to bring back a working community, I'd be telling a lie if I said I don't miss doing designs for Mir and I'm sure a fair few others can say they miss the progress of Crystal as it was genuinely a fun era.

My apologies for any butthurt.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Re: Notice/Warning Zircon Server File "Leak".

@Breezer: I tend to agree with your whole overall topic/theme myself. I wouldn't perhaps use it point fault however, but the overall feeling you are trying to convey (i think) I agree with. Everyone working on one source and getting on to make one mass server would be good. But it would bring it's own issues. They are obvious however, and don't need going over here.

One thing I will say however is I really don't think that Crystal stagnating (I don't even think it's stagnated, just very, very slow moving at the moment) is any relation to Marble. It got to a point where Far was pretty much the sole contributor from what I recall (en masse anyway, a couple of others had input perhaps, and I don't mean to exclude them but I don't think that's an unfair statement to make). He left, or rather took his foot off the gas with his work, and no one stepped up to the plate. It wasn't until he 'left' the project that work stopped, therefore the files really weren't being worked on even before Marble was announce (again IIRC).

So if blame can even be attributed for Crystals stagnating, I really don't think it can be left at Marbles (Jamies) door as it's current progress was apparent before that point. I don't think blame was what you were aiming for, but I think it's fair to point this out.

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Think Jamie deserves as much credit as he rightly gets tbh. Literally every single time someone mentions the creation of Crystal files, Jamie is referenced. Literally every time. Rightly so. But also true is that whenever they are mentioned, someone posts saying that he doesn't get enough credit. Like some sort of weird circle jerk going on.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

@Breezer: I tend to agree with your whole overall topic/theme myself. I wouldn't perhaps use it point fault however, but the overall feeling you are trying to convey (i think) I agree with. Everyone working on one source and getting on to make one mass server would be good. But it would bring it's own issues. They are obvious however, and don't need going over here.

One thing I will say however is I really don't think that Crystal stagnating (I don't even think it's stagnated, just very, very slow moving at the moment) is any relation to Marble. It got to a point where Far was pretty much the sole contributor from what I recall (en masse anyway, a couple of others had input perhaps, and I don't mean to exclude them but I don't think that's an unfair statement to make). He left, or rather took his foot off the gas with his work, and no one stepped up to the plate. It wasn't until he 'left' the project that work stopped, therefore the files really weren't being worked on even before Marble was announce (again IIRC).

So if blame can even be attributed for Crystals stagnating, I really don't think it can be left at Marbles (Jamies) door as it's current progress was apparent before that point. I don't think blame was what you were aiming for, but I think it's fair to point this out.

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Think Jamie deserves as much credit as he rightly gets tbh. Literally every single time someone mentions the creation of Crystal files, Jamie is referenced. Literally every time. Rightly so. But also true is that whenever they are mentioned, someone posts saying that he doesn't get enough credit. Like some sort of weird circle jerk going on.

Well I'm glad someone is agreeing with part of what I say and maybe I am being to sceptical with my conclusion of Marble halting Crystal, then again I was part of the team heavily fuelling crystal (people like Elijah seem to get next to none credit regardless of the staggering improvements they made).

You are right about the Jamie's credit part, sure he deserves it, but come the **** on ...do we need to cup his balls and tickle his asshole to fully satisfy him? Funny part is , he's never the one claiming he deserves the credit, seems to be everyone else.

I assume I don't need to go into depth or explain my rant, after all, I am Breezer...it's what I do, rant over! Hopefully one day we can all come together as a team and create something way beyond Mir... there is a lot of talent on this forum and if we all stop swinging our dicks about then maybe it'll work.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Well I'm glad someone is agreeing with part of what I say and maybe I am being to sceptical with my conclusion of Marble halting Crystal, then again I was part of the team heavily fuelling crystal (people like Elijah seem to get next to none credit regardless of the staggering improvements they made).

You are right about the Jamie's credit part, sure he deserves it, but come the **** on ...do we need to cup his balls and tickle his asshole to fully satisfy him? Funny part is , he's never the one claiming he deserves the credit, seems to be everyone else.

I assume I don't need to go into depth or explain my rant, after all, I am Breezer...it's what I do, rant over! Hopefully one day we can all come together as a team and create something way beyond Mir... there is a lot of talent on this forum and if we all stop swinging our dicks about then maybe it'll work.

Elijah and yourself, I didn't specifically mean to exclude anyone. But throughout their life Far is arguably to be attributed for the lions share of updates is all I meant. When he stopped working on them actively, Marble announcement/release didn't help sure, but it was already...well not dead, but definitely on 'assisted living'. There's still been one or two flurries of activity and Far still helps people out a lot, so there's still hope.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Elijah and yourself, I didn't specifically mean to exclude anyone. But throughout their life Far is arguably to be attributed for the lions share of updates is all I meant. When he stopped working on them actively, Marble announcement/release didn't help sure, but it was already...well not dead, but definitely on 'assisted living'. There's still been one or two flurries of activity and Far still helps people out a lot, so there's still hope.

I just want us all to bundle up into one big ball of hugs.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I thought our little exchange there was pretty heart warming :(

It made my nether regions engorged

ae231dbe5fd5a4a9d52061a5f4293a6a.jpg

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
At the end of the day, gone are the days where we all used the same files and had 20-30 servers open.

We need to get used to the fact that

a) If you want your own server, you need to either go out and build it, or just work with what you have.
b) We are going to have fewer servers, but bigger user counts.

The work Jamie has put into Zircon is incredible, and he deserves to keep the files to himself and reap the rewards he gets.
Yeah it sucks, yeah as a community we want up to date files that we can all access but it's not that simple these days.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
At the end of the day, gone are the days where we all used the same files and had 20-30 servers open.

We need to get used to the fact that

a) If you want your own server, you need to either go out and build it, or just work with what you have.
b) We are going to have fewer servers, but bigger user counts.

The work Jamie has put into Zircon is incredible, and he deserves to keep the files to himself and reap the rewards he gets.
Yeah it sucks, yeah as a community we want up to date files that we can all access but it's not that simple these days.

His files are way to fine tuned to his own use, they wouldn't go down as well as crystal did (which were utilized to serve a purpose for everyone) and I wouldn't expect anyone to release a full set of files, that would be ridiculous. However, offering / releasing tiny updates / tricks and tips to help progress Mir as a whole is what I want to see more off, for example :- Akaras work , he's just released a 3D to 2D weapon app and I released a ton of 3D weapons (fbx) to go with it, that alone is a massive help to the community.

I know that SlimDX has been on the cards with CrystalM2 for some time (along with proper shader support), however there are some obvious faults when attempting this, Jamie has achieve this with his (which I think required redoing the drawing of UI). Anyways, I've not once seen anyone suggest he releases the lot, but bits n bobs would be handy! I mean for god sake , we got a C# Map Editor nowadays the only people who have shared their progress on this app are either Chinese or Akaras! lol

I even gave Akaras the full set of Shanda Objects to go with it.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I even gave Akaras the full set of Shanda Objects to go with it.

I don't remember how far I got converting those files but they were a great help getting a lot of content into the editor... I remember I converted the main file/s and wanted to check and add newer objects... I forget if I released any of them or had sent them to you in the end?

I can work on them again soon I think as it would be nice to release all of the stuff I had previously been working on, just working on something else at the moment for a while... good stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.