Small map WIP

smoochy boys on tour

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Wouldn't know where to start when it comes to making new mobs with all their animations, and i'm not too sure i want to get into that at this point.

Something for the future maybe.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
As a final note then, let me just remind you that it's an awesome map, and previous discussion aside I like it.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I was fun seeing it come together piece by piece. Maybe it's just me but envisioning a picture on a page turning into a map was pretty exciting.

Always good to discuss things. As mentioned, i never even considered the look of mobs on it. As the whole intent from the start was 'I want a smallish but artifact'y looking room for an NPC' So it's all good!

I'm not looking at sprites right now... honest :lol

---------- Post Merged at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I hate you, look at what you started now!

[video=youtube_share;IeIjNc1UtE4]https://youtu.be/IeIjNc1UtE4[/video]

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Nice :D I can be crueller if you want... such as...

All that effort on UI, yet didn't fix alignment on the name label in the bottom UI. Annnnnd.... see you in an hour :P

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Whats wrong with the name label?!

It should be exactly the same, all labels/buttons were moved by '31
Its 1 pixel too high maybe? o.O

Does look a bit weird in the video for some reason.... don't know why. In-game and screenshots seem OK
Or are my eyes just terrible?

2a7a80k.png

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
https://snag.gy/lHWsFA.jpg

That's clearly 2 pixels!

But back to the dragon, where'd you get it. Looks pretty cool.

I'm tossing up whether it looks a bit odd, or whether it's so alien to see a new mob in Mir my mind is refusing to accept it lol

Imagine it in a cave however, and baby... you got a stew going!

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Looks maybe 1 pixel too high yeah, imo id have it right aligned but thats just me. maybe you intended it to be center aligned

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
14.png

Moved it 1 pixel down!
5 above 3 below i think looks better, as half the letters & numbers are 2 pixels higher.
And i always prefer center alignment.

Seems i didn't look close enough, all the labels/buttons were 1 pixel off~

It was just the first half decent looking one i found, just wanted something to test with, see how i got on with adding something completely new.

It looks quite nice actually, obviously the video doesn't do it justice. Have been busy since i posted that, so not done any more yet, finish it tomorrow probably.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Progress?

[video=youtube;h_gnc9WoNGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_gnc9WoNGg[/video]

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
looking great so far... for the shadow you could add a mir3 style one and position it a bit further down than normal as the creature is flying then you would get a visual of where on the ground it is positioned

there is a programme that can add shadows, I made one and Far linked me one made by somebody else (and is much better than my version) but as far as I remember they are both for V1 .libs so would need converting to work with the newer V2 library editor files

I want to make something now :)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
looking great so far... for the shadow you could add a mir3 style one and position it a bit further down than normal as the creature is flying then you would get a visual of where on the ground it is positioned

there is a programme that can add shadows, I made one and Far linked me one made by somebody else (and is much better than my version) but as far as I remember they are both for V1 .libs so would need converting to work with the newer V2 library editor files

I want to make something now :)

This is where my complete lack of experience shows haha
I never even thought about shadows!

Edit n/m i found the post

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Is there a way to convert V2 to V1 lib?

Unless I'm missing something, if i create a new v1 lib i cant import .png files?

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Nice to see unique stuff being put to use on Mir , instead of the lazy twats that re use 15 year old skins and make the mob blue and call it “custom content”

looks nice.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
This is where my complete lack of experience shows haha
I never even thought about shadows!

Edit n/m i found the post

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Is there a way to convert V2 to V1 lib?

Unless I'm missing something, if i create a new v1 lib i cant import .png files?

You could export the images and create a V1 lib, i still have a v1 Editor if you need it ?

Download Lib V1 editor

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
If you have a link sure.
The one i have from Akaras other post wont let me import anything.
Awesome, seems to be working, lets see if i can get these shadows done now.

I don;t know. I made a V1 lib fine, but as soon as i add anything to it, i can no longer open it with the one Far linked here to make the shadows.

http://lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?92656-Mir3-Character-Monster-Shadows&highlight=mob+shadows

---------- Post Merged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I decided to just do them manually, frame by frame. Messing around with 5 different lib editors, and versions with tonnes of errors was irritating me.

Color is a bit 'blue'? but i think it looks pretty nice otherwise.

[video=youtube;igINPGH2idw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igINPGH2idw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Edit: Sorted the color.
I must say, having the shadows match the wing movement does looks pretty sweet :)

Might have time later this evening to finish off all the animations.
then i need a cool looking spell or 2 to go with it~

n4Ur37.jpg

Last edited:

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I decided to just do them manually, frame by frame. Messing around with 5 different lib editors, and versions with tonnes of errors was irritating me.

Edit: Sorted the color.
I must say, having the shadows match the wing movement does looks pretty sweet :)

Nice one getting it working :) I know what you mean about having so many different versions of lib editors is irritating switching between them trying to get things done... My main library editor I use is so messed up with all the custom buttons that have pretty unique functions (like one button takes a mir3 helmet file and re orders it to "almost" fit mir2 animations) but even so it doesn't have all extra features I sometimes need so I have to have other versions open at the same time

I wanted to take all the useful features like creating shadows and update it to V2 .libs all in one library editor but I have not got around to that... so a lot of the useful features are spread over a few editors and some still V1 :(

reading this post about making custom content and other people showing/releasing custom stuff gave me motivation to make some content today :D ... I'm 488/1616 of the way through what I'm making... should finish tomorrow (although will need a little manual editing for a few frames)

I love seeing what everyone else makes and adds to their servers... custom content is awesome!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Now I'm intrigued to see what you are working on!

The funny part is I never put much thought into the mob i chose, i literally just picked 'something' to test out adding one, and it has turned out looking quite nice in-game. Is it just my bad memory or is there no Dragons in Mir? Seems kinda weird to me~

It is quite satisfying when you get something new added, especially when you are working it out for the first time.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Now I'm intrigued to see what you are working on!

I'm Rendering Mir2 helmets from 3D models... I'm at 910/1616 (War/Wiz/Tao file) now but only tweaking positions of the frames so I'll fly through them when I get back to it tomorrow afternoon

currently using a helmet I borrowed from the Diablo3 Templar character to test it with... so I want to make some other new ones, I have some images from mir3 helmets I could quickly make into a model of the metal versions of the straw hats so I'll probably start with making those and then release a handful of files for feedback and to make sure they actually work and are not too out of place

I would like all helmets in mir2 to have in game animations so 3D modelling the current helmets will be needed... same process for new hair styles too :eek: should make characters look a little more unique if it works well

EvilMir is a dragon... :) I guess yimoogi is a snake? ... I have seen some dragon type mobs, I forget what client they were from (might be a mir3 thing) I've hunted through so many files hehe

yeah getting something new to work is an awesome feeling... I think totally custom content is the way I want to go... from imagination to in game content would be great