New pc games suck more and more.

Risen28

LOMCN Rookie
Aug 20, 2017
south africa
Man i just got hold of a old copy of oblivion elder scrolls 4... Skyrim was hyped so much but i dont know i am replaying the older game again and theres so much to do compared to skyrim, yes there is s bit of a graphics difference , but its not so big, to me sometimes game-play is worth more than a few extra textures and cinematic. .... I find im saying this about many games , total war, jedi academy 2 , mount and blade .... maybe i am just getting old.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
So true my friend, but its because in the past games were made with passion and now they are all made just for money.

Same as mir... Reason 95% servers just suck.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
BDO was a good game, but requires soo much effort,

the only game I've been able to enjoy recently is PUBG =-/

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Best games ever:

Fallout 2
Morrowind
Warcraft 3
Heroes 2 & 3
Jagged Alliance 2
Settlers 3

Games like that are no longer produced

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
They should really consider re-making alot of the old ps1/mega drive games.. some gold content, I only play pubg these days. Waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
COD WWII dissapointed me so bad.

BattleField1 is such superior than COD even if they have different timeline.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
COD WWII dissapointed me so bad.

BattleField1 is such superior than COD even if they have different timeline.

COD WW2 better than recent COD games, Battlefield 4 is still my favourite BF,

BDO is just a bit all over the place, so many decent old skool games with decent ideas but shame new games don't follow suit, everything is now going cartoony where I'd like the best gfx possible with decent gameplay.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
COD WW2 better than recent COD games, Battlefield 4 is still my favourite BF,

BDO is just a bit all over the place, so many decent old skool games with decent ideas but shame new games don't follow suit, everything is now going cartoony where I'd like the best gfx possible with decent gameplay.

The hours I've put into battlefield .,. I wasn't too impressed with Battlefield 1, 4 was great but 3 was my favourite purely because of the flying mechanics they where much more fun.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The hours I've put into battlefield .,. I wasn't too impressed with Battlefield 1, 4 was great but 3 was my favourite purely because of the flying mechanics they where much more fun.

Couldn't fly to save my life :P but War Thunder has improved my skills slightly

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I loved boots on ground Call of duty but disliked WW2 :/ cod4 remastered it was just M16A4 and bobs your uncle, too easy..

did like MW3/2 Black ops1/2 weren't too bad loved zombies

i dislike BF 1 But I enjoyed Bf4 a lot was quite fun in the small maps ahahahaha

mit many good games out there anymore though, all terribad

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
MMORPG's deffo, I've not found an MMORPG that keeps my attention for more than a week since Mir.

Same with FPS's last FPS I played for more than a week was ETQW (Enemy territory quake wars), or Battlefield Bad company 2.

I've come to the conclusion, either I don't actually like games, or any game released in the past 5-7 years is utter dog ****.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
theres plenty of amazing games that have come out in the last few years but they have been smaller or more indie game. Path of exile. Binding of Issac, Rocket league, Dont starve, stardew valley, Fortnite, Pubg. then u have the bigger boys with GTA 5, Civ 6, FF 15, Dark souls series, Xcom 2, Fallout 4, BF1 just to name a few. to say games are getting worse is just insane

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Thing is when you look past the “stunning graphics” most of these new games offer , they are just shite.

The problem is when you have played all the original games , I’m talking elder scrolls ,kotor etc everything else just feels meh

i lost so many hours in kotor1/2 and the early elder scrolls games, Skyrim was the last game I sunk hundreds of hours into

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
theres plenty of amazing games ....FF 15

"good" by today's standards is enough of an insight into how fukin sh1t today's standards are. I suppose you didn't mind FF13? it had so many cut scenes and was so linear it should of been reviewed by a movie critic.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
MMORPG's deffo, I've not found an MMORPG that keeps my attention for more than a week since Mir.

Same with FPS's last FPS I played for more than a week was ETQW (Enemy territory quake wars), or Battlefield Bad company 2.

I've come to the conclusion, either I don't actually like games, or any game released in the past 5-7 years is utter dog ****.

BFBC 2 was the bomb.