Zircon Server - Untold truth

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I have joined this community back in 2009 playing lapta server and moved onto Ben server when he was unjusticely banned from the server. Throughout my time playing private servers I have always got along with everyone and played the geme. Sometimes gamemasters would do something which I wouldn’t agree with but it wasn’t major for me not to play the game or cause such a fuss.

Before i I begin my criticism of Jamie server I would like to thank him for bringing the server and putting all the hard work he did. It’s actually a fun server at the start however recently unfortunately I cannot say this anymore. One update after another it’s slowly losing its appeal and if dramastic change is not implemented soon a good server could be gone to waste. I’m not saying this to attack the server.

Firstly we have warriors running around and hunting in any map they desire without getting hitted in majority of the cases some caves forces them to use a little bit of pots whereas other classes all struggle to do so. Having a mele class hunting ground is one thing but not to be hitted throughout the hunt is another. This enables warriors to hunt in any cave they wish so and farm all the rare items/books whereas other classes are stucked in certain caves.

Secondly, the warriors such as molten are able to one-two hits majority of the wizards yet wizards high level like hells (who spent like 1k) struggle to kill him since he could outpot and run away. This is nothing against Molten he is a good guy and a humble person but it’s complretely unfair. Yes, hells may kill the most in SW that’s because everyone is standing next to boss which means any wizard could come in and spam AOE attacks and get a lot of kills especially when their lower levels. So of course, he will kill the most but I would rather have a spreadsheet which tells me who he killed vice visa to molten.

Thirdly, the Guild system is a joke, you practically have one side who has x2 the amount of number compared to the other side. Many people from SD will disagree with me in here, but the truth is this game is a number game now. A top high levelers in THC like hells/asstwix have realised this and have left in protest. SD can have all the bosses but any big server without a competition is doomed to fail.

The latest update has altered experience system which means everyone is pretty much close or on soft cap which means leveling is out of the question especially for wizards since the only map they can hunt is often busy so it’s not worth spending days grinding to level up for an extra 5mc. The only other option for people is bosses which is dominated by number game which means it’s wither going there to lose or to stay in town. There’s nothing else you can practically do; the content isn’t out there to do anything else apart from cash hunt like Mazus.

So, why am I posting here? Why not on their actual section? This is because posts either gets deleted or thread gets closed. Discussion is often not allowed. I have been a member of LOMCN for nearly 10 years and I hope they don’t get involved in any form of censorship and allow this discussion to go ahead.

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
I have joined this community back in 2009 playing lapta server and moved onto Ben server when he was unjusticely banned from the server. Throughout my time playing private servers I have always got along with everyone and played the geme. Sometimes gamemasters would do something which I wouldn’t agree with but it wasn’t major for me not to play the game or cause such a fuss.

Before i I begin my criticism of Jamie server I would like to thank him for bringing the server and putting all the hard work he did. It’s actually a fun server at the start however recently unfortunately I cannot say this anymore. One update after another it’s slowly losing its appeal and if dramastic change is not implemented soon a good server could be gone to waste. I’m not saying this to attack the server.

Firstly we have warriors running around and hunting in any map they desire without getting hitted in majority of the cases some caves forces them to use a little bit of pots whereas other classes all struggle to do so. Having a mele class hunting ground is one thing but not to be hitted throughout the hunt is another. This enables warriors to hunt in any cave they wish so and farm all the rare items/books whereas other classes are stucked in certain caves.

Secondly, the warriors such as molten are able to one-two hits majority of the wizards yet wizards high level like hells (who spent like 1k) struggle to kill him since he could outpot and run away. This is nothing against Molten he is a good guy and a humble person but it’s complretely unfair. Yes, hells may kill the most in SW that’s because everyone is standing next to boss which means any wizard could come in and spam AOE attacks and get a lot of kills especially when their lower levels. So of course, he will kill the most but I would rather have a spreadsheet which tells me who he killed vice visa to molten.

Thirdly, the Guild system is a joke, you practically have one side who has x2 the amount of number compared to the other side. Many people from SD will disagree with me in here, but the truth is this game is a number game now. A top high levelers in THC like hells/asstwix have realised this and have left in protest. SD can have all the bosses but any big server without a competition is doomed to fail.

The latest update has altered experience system which means everyone is pretty much close or on soft cap which means leveling is out of the question especially for wizards since the only map they can hunt is often busy so it’s not worth spending days grinding to level up for an extra 5mc. The only other option for people is bosses which is dominated by number game which means it’s wither going there to lose or to stay in town. There’s nothing else you can practically do; the content isn’t out there to do anything else apart from cash hunt like Mazus.

So, why am I posting here? Why not on their actual section? This is because posts either gets deleted or thread gets closed. Discussion is often not allowed. I have been a member of LOMCN for nearly 10 years and I hope they don’t get involved in any form of censorship and allow this discussion to go ahead.

Interesting point of view. And I almost agree that I hope that it doesn't get deleted as it's good to have 'criticism' as long as it's constructive; which I believe yours to be.

I can't wait for the dramastic to start.

qzoor.jpg

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Your posts were deleted because they were no constructive and to be honest were just obnoxious by nature.

Zircon is not Mir 2 by the way :p

After the update usercount has dropped from 370 to 325ish today st peak times.

Are you guys still going to wait two weeks for an update?

Lol two weeks testing? Shame you forgot that important step for hermit update.

Take a look at top 20-30 wizarsd ingame; most are offonline and the remaining rest are afk in town. Well done you've just shot yourself on the foot.

Wait two weeks if you want to lose more players.

Two weeks testing lol? Shame you forgot this important step when implementing hermit update

Take a lot at top 20-30 wizards ingame most are offonline and remaining are afk in town. You've just shot yourself on the foot.

Two weeks testing lol? Shame you forgot this important step when implementing hermit update

Take a lot at top 20-30 wizards ingame most are offonline and remaining are afk in town. You've just shot yourself on the foot.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
You do realise

1) Coding is hard
2) Creating a server and content is hard
3) Creating a Balanced server is almost impossible.
4) Making everyone happy is impossible.
5) No matter how hard you try, idiots will moan anyway.

Once you take all that into account, I think he's doing a pretty good job of not shooting himself in the head.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You do realise

1) Coding is hard
2) Creating a server and content is hard
3) Creating a Balanced server is almost impossible.
4) Making everyone happy is impossible.
5) No matter how hard you try, idiots will moan anyway.

Once you take all that into account, I think he's doing a pretty good job of not shooting himself in the head.

Gun didn't arrive because of the snow.

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Your posts were deleted because they were no constructive and to be honest were just obnoxious by nature.

Zircon is not Mir 2 by the way :p

That’s unfair what you’ve just did. If you look at thread you would of realised this is due to hermit update when you made it random and took two weeks to fix. This means majority of wizards were hitting 70-150 damages per hit. Everyone was complaining, everyone was mad. I could find countless of threads in which was created or closed in protest.

I’m engaging an discussion, no need to attempt to character assassinate. Also if you checked my previous posts you would also find I was previously saying positive things about you too, so why not show them as well too? This is what the media does when they can’t engage with good points, they attack the person character.

You’ve just proven my point to everyone you attempt to close constructive feedback in any way possible. So please let’s stay on topic.

Last edited:

Iglu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 4, 2017
Warriors do tank a little too much but so can every class with the way you can change builds etc... Warriors have built in tankiness which is to be expected. I think its mostly to do with pills and potion mastery but I don't think nerfing potions for every class is the answer (tried this change on test server and it didn't feel like a good change)

THC had a lot of members at one point but I'm guessing that isn't the case anymore, It might be a little to late to start adjusting things like this.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee

Well said, such a waste of great files.

And yes perfection doesn't exist, but we don't want perfection just more aware gming will do.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Are you a wizard? You claim to have created valid points for discussion, but you're putting things from your perspective only, ask the warriors what they could do from 0-50 except tank lures? Absolutely **** all is the answer, they grinded hard to get to 50 before it was do-able in a day, and everyone said from day one they are endgame beasts

Wheres the arguments for taos and sins? you claim to have the server's issues down to a tee but from what i can see you've only considered one viewpoint, your own.

Last edited:

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Are you a wizard? You claim to have created valid points for discussion, but you're putting things from your perspective only, ask the warriors what they could do from 0-50 except tank lures? Absolutely **** all is the answer, they grinded hard to get to 50 before it was do-able in a day, and everyone said from day one they are endgame beasts

Wheres the arguments for taos and sins? you claim to have the server's issues down to a tee but from what i can see you've only considered one viewpoint, your own.

The class I have selected has nothing to do with the discussion, however to answer your question yes I am a wizard. Saying that every class has pretty much complained about warriors being too tanky. I've never played any mir in which warriors could go hunting and not get hitted, so yes that's a problem regardless of how you see it.

I'm not interested in discussing with individuals who are clearly biased in this matter. I've played with you in several servers in the past which you've been a warrior ingame. No doubt you're a warrior once again, hence why you've taken an insult regarding of my suggestion. I've been on the record of removing Tempest and implementing FlameField. Yes, that would slow me down in terms of leveling and weaken my class, but my suggestion would of made gameplay far more entertaining to what it previously was.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
I've never played any mir in which warriors could go hunting and not get hitted, so yes that's a problem regardless of how you see it.

In holley files when warrior hit 255+ ac/mr limit game was pretty much over.

Here there is no limit of basic mob dmg and ac/mr its unreasonable why its not balanced.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Nice click bait... i was hoping for some juicy drama~

I don't see anything that hasn't been plastered all over the forums a dozen times already.

Hells

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 17, 2005
zircon is fine no need dramatize it any longer lol
just move on if you can`t enter main guilds in server cause you won`t be able to solo bosses

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Fine depends on perspective :) for clueless its perfect, for clue full its average, for a moany f... Its sh.t

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
If you're not enjoying yourself, maybe you and loverboy can elope and find new found love elsewhere. There's more than one server, after all.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm a level55 warrior... I can't hunt in every cave and no have to pot.

Yes I can hunt in PT, BP and JP and not get hit much.

But I can't go everywhere and not get hit... Desert Dungeon for example, 2 or more mobs on me and I'm dead.
Yet, I see wizards and Tao's soloin 10+ mobs at once.
Same with Numa, 2 or 3 mobs round me I'm potting like mad, then a tao runs past and kills a big lure with ease.

Each class has their advantages and disadvantages. Unless of course, I'm doing something wrong and should be able to solo everymob in Numa all at once.