Quick question

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I actually wrote to far about this today, I'm just going to post it here incase the answer is swifter from elsewhere.

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not, but with the default files the .lib images for CrystalArmour aren't correct for Assasins in the default files they should also be 12.lib in AARMOUR folder?

Let me know your thoughts on this, I was under the impression you couldnt use the armour on Sins, but it seems currently it's just incorrectly set at 16.lib.

(I would suggest swapping the names of 12.lib and 16.lib in AARMOUR folder) to fix

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Also, this post is actually specific to the Crystal Files / Client, just to be clear, and thanks Mr. LongName for also chasing up for me ;)

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
i posted a bug fix for this.

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 PM ----------

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?97722-Ca-Armour-fix-for-sin

Is that the right way to fix? My understanding was that if the lib numbers just needed to match the shape on a given armour, and at the moment crystal armour is incorrectly lib 16 when it should be 12 in AARMOUR? Wouldn't just swapping the file names would make more sense or am I missing something?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
its not the libs. the switch count is off in the code. Sin armour use a switch/skip count.

works fine using std c data.

2uz78n8.png

wvya9t.png

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
No idea what that means, and I've actually got something different to both in there currently:

case 9: //heaven
case 10: //mir
case 11: //oma
case 12: //spirit
BodyLibrary = Armour + 1 < Libraries.ARArmours.Length ? Libraries.ARArmours[Armour + 1] : Libraries.ARArmours[0];
break;

case 19:
BodyLibrary = Armour - 5 < Libraries.ARArmours.Length ? Libraries.ARArmours[Armour - 5] : Libraries.ARArmours[0];
break;

case 29:
case 30:
BodyLibrary = Armour - 14 < Libraries.ARArmours.Length ? Libraries.ARArmours[Armour - 14] : Libraries.ARArmours[0];
break;

The armour works, it just loads the wrong lib on Sins...

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Fair enough, makes a bit more sense now - My current files aren't based of the suprcode which is why it's different. Which line actually needs changing there? I'll get theo to do it on ours.

Case 11 and 12?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
You post the switch for Archer, can you post yours for assasin?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Well spotted:

#region Assassin
case MirClass.Assassin:

#region WeaponType
if (HasClassWeapon || Weapon < 0)
{
switch (CurrentAction)
{
case MirAction.Standing:
case MirAction.Stance:
case MirAction.Walking:
case MirAction.Running:
case MirAction.Die:
case MirAction.Struck:
case MirAction.Attack1:
case MirAction.Attack2:
case MirAction.Attack3:
case MirAction.Attack4:
case MirAction.Sneek:
case MirAction.Spell:
case MirAction.DashAttack:
altAnim = true;
break;
}
}
#endregion

#region Armours
if (altAnim)
{
switch (Armour)
{
case 9: //heaven
case 10: //mir
case 11: //oma
BodyLibrary = Armour + 3 < Libraries.AArmours.Length ? Libraries.AArmours[Armour + 3] : Libraries.AArmours[0];
break;

case 12: //spirit
BodyLibrary = Armour + 4 < Libraries.AArmours.Length ? Libraries.AArmours[Armour + 4] : Libraries.AArmours[0];
break;

case 19:
BodyLibrary = Armour - 3 < Libraries.AArmours.Length ? Libraries.AArmours[Armour - 3] : Libraries.AArmours[0];
break;

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
yours matches mine and svn. msg me on skype bud

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Is that the right way to fix? My understanding was that if the lib numbers just needed to match the shape on a given armour, and at the moment crystal armour is incorrectly lib 16 when it should be 12 in AARMOUR? Wouldn't just swapping the file names would make more sense or am I missing something?

Yeah it's abit confusing, but the CArmour shapes don't need to match the AArmour numbers - the code designates their offset.

CArmour is always the base, then for Assassin and Archer if they don't match the code provides the number to offset them by.

It would have been more logical to just have them match on the numbers in both folders - but i think i just followed the existing pattern at the time. No sense redoing it now.