Empire Mir 3
Likes Likes:  6

I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

If anyone has Far Cry 5 go to the "Dupree Residence" and wander around the back. You'll hear it. Thought I accidentally left YouTube running in the background and ended up on a MIR video.
    UniTY - Beta Player
    From the days of old; before here and there.

website - no projects
    Steam ID - ericjX - Common MIR Players - UniTY/Uni*, ericjX - Dragon Server Players - SWATLiNKz, DaLiNKz

2. HispaRed
  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Re: I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

Quote Originally Posted by UniTY View Post
    If anyone has Far Cry 5 go to the "Dupree Residence" and wander around the back. You'll hear it. Thought I accidentally left YouTube running in the background and ended up on a MIR video.
    Can you record it for us non-casual game players?
    Zircon Server
    Home Page -- Installer -- Download Page

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3

Re: I am convinced Far Cry 5 uses the "killed chicken" sound effect that MIR 2 uses

You've lost it

Tai - LOMCN Administrator

I do not answer server help questions via PM. PM'ing me will not get you a quicker answer than posting.

Not heard this myself, I'm sure I've heard other sounds in mir though. Definitely heard some shinsu noises in films!

I've actually played a few games that I believe used the same sounds from Mir. One game I played recently had the same 'Flaming Sword' sound effect.

I think our brains are tricking us into believing we recognize the same sound, but it really isn't.
    Equinox Lv 41 Wizard D Server

Quote Originally Posted by Equinnox View Post
    I've actually played a few games that I believe used the same sounds from Mir. One game I played recently had the same 'Flaming Sword' sound effect.

I think our brains are tricking us into believing we recognize the same sound, but it really isn't.

always remember when you think your see or hear something your brain WILL fill the gaps, you genuinely believe you saw or heard it but that's because your brain is helping you out.

try to be more like the t1000

Zircon Community Manager Koriban's Avatar

Actually, this is true and fairly common to happen, someone once made a similar post. It turns out that the sounds made in games or movies aren't licenced to any one particular company, but much like we have (PRS) they will have something similar, whereby you can buy the right to use a wide selection of sounds. I've come across a few sounds that use the shinsu gnarl and yelp (death) in a few anime movies.

Sword of The Stranger, for example, 12minutes 20seconds in uses the exact same sound file as a Wolf in Mir2.
    Last edited by Koriban; 06-04-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Absolutely, I've heard a lot of the Mir2 sound effects in a number of places, by far the most often it's been the shinsu sounds though.

Check this trailer at 1 minute and 2 seconds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9S3hdgZ5g

There's a good chance they're using sounds that, to us, sound like Mir sounds even though they might not be.
    As for the trailer with the shinsu sound and the farcry5 chicken sound, aren't they just generic wolf / chicken sounds?

Zircon Community Manager Koriban's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1024 View Post
    There's a good chance they're using sounds that, to us, sound like Mir sounds even though they might not be.
    As for the trailer with the shinsu sound and the farcry5 chicken sound, aren't they just generic wolf / chicken sounds?
    Probably right. I don't really have the time to sift through the sound files and check specifically if they match but in most cases it probably is just Generic X Y Z Animal sound and we just happen to identify it because it is extremely similar to the ones we hear in our favourite nostalgic game.

There was some side scrolling ninja game on iOS years ago had the slaying noise and boar sound effects

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra View Post
    Absolutely, I've heard a lot of the Mir2 sound effects in a number of places, by far the most often it's been the shinsu sounds though.

Check this trailer at 1 minute and 2 seconds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9S3hdgZ5g
    Dog soldiers 😅 that was on syfy Monday night forgot how cheesy it is

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra View Post

Hmm, sounds a bit Shinsu to me.

RubyM2 Sirann Server in development. Original Mir 2 with my own slant.

I did assume WeMade didn't generate all those sounds themselves -- I am just surprised almost two decades later the sounds are still being used. And I'll see if I can get it recorded. It just doesn't sound like a common sound to me (the chicken sound.) It's the death sound from killing chickens and throws me completely off because it had nothing to do with killing chickens in FC5.

Also, interesting stuff you lot bring up, too
    UniTY - Beta Player
    From the days of old; before here and there.

website - no projects
    Steam ID - ericjX - Common MIR Players - UniTY/Uni*, ericjX - Dragon Server Players - SWATLiNKz, DaLiNKz