Mir 3 DarkSide
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is mir ready for seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDayIDie View Post
    It wasn't a proposal for someone to develop into crystal it was just a suggestion / conversation starter.

I know how I would implement it and how it would work I also know that this isn't an 'official' feature as listed on crystal's todo list (if that still exists)... but who want's to develop a set of files without having some fun whacky elements...

I'm just looking for ideas / feedback. If I get defensive it's because I'm prepared to argue my thoughts/opinion to try challenge/ improve on people's comments. Don't take this the wrong way but it seems that everyone gets the impression I want someone to develop this for me or I will be developing this...

Sure I have thought it out thoroughly and think it would be fun and cool to work on but realistically i won't work on crystal source actively for at least another 6 months.

Never said you want some one to develop it for you.

Your idea sounds good (for a long time project) but it may worth in the end.
    Zentaur Discord link - https://discord.gg/2xBzPs6

2. HispaRed

I'm all for fun stuff, and seasons is a good idea, but honestly I'm not really feeling the 2 mix. I think it needs to be a one or the other choice. There is a good reason they are usually separated.

What about PvP/PK would that count as dying? If so then yeah..i don't know how that would pan out.

Maybe run 2 seperate servers, HC and normal, when you die on HC you move over. The standard route. But then were into a potential population issue, so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalace View Post
    I'm all for fun stuff, and seasons is a good idea, but honestly I'm not really feeling the 2 mix. I think it needs to be a one or the other choice. There is a good reason they are usually separated.

What about PvP/PK would that count as dying? If so then yeah..i don't know how that would pan out.

Maybe run 2 seperate servers, HC and normal, when you die on HC you move over. The standard route. But then were into a potential population issue, so idk.
    I do mention how standard and season players could integrate. There is a risk of some idiot sitting in the start town killing all the noobs.

One way to mitigate this... get some friends to help protect you.

Another way, make the starting town random or allow the player to chose a starting location.

So yes they would still die and lose their character and I think I'd encourage PvP from both sides. Seasoned players would be warned of this and should just be extra cautious with the potential of being killed whether it's in PvP or PvE there will be content that can 1-shot them. They should learn to keep their fingers on the tt button.

Maybe give seasoned players x2 HP as a boost so they are less vulnerable and have more time to react.. not sure.
    Last edited by TheDayIDie; 15-04-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12