Orc SFX

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Does anyone know where I can get hold of the Orc sound effects (such as when they get hit, are in range, attacks etc) ?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
They have shadows so that's no taken from Mir3 - but yeah probably was originally in mir 3 (most new things in Mir2 either come from Mir3 or Shanda these days)

In any case - just find the position it is in the official client, then work out the sound file name from its location

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
They have shadows so that's no taken from Mir3 - but yeah probably was originally in mir 3 (most new things in Mir2 either come from Mir3 or Shanda these days)

In any case - just find the position it is in the official client, then work out the sound file name from its location

Got a 1tb hdd almost full with Mir3/Mir2 stuff, old version clients, different mobs, and lots of bits but cba check it atm, too early need some coffee :P

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

You / the forum has probably been asked this 100 times, where can I get the official client from?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
so i think i found the sounds
all sounds have varying numbers;
mobnumber-0 up to 8

What do the different -number's represent? assuming -0 is the spawn noise -5 is death (sounds like it anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
all sounds have varying numbers;
mobnumber-0 up to 8

What do the different -number's represent? assuming -0 is the spawn noise -5 is death (sounds like it anyway)

It means exactly that I think this is correct order
-0 in range
-1 attack one
-2 Struck/Flinch
-3 Death
-4 attack two(special)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
yeah that's right, Mir3 is slightly different it seems, also some mobs dont have in range noises!

As for releasing Orcs I will once I get the sounds (or what sounds I put with them) as the Mir3Korean client doesn't have Orcs xD

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
yeah that's right, Mir3 is slightly different it seems, also some mobs dont have in range noises!

As for releasing Orcs I will once I get the sounds (or what sounds I put with them) as the Mir3Korean client doesn't have Orcs xD

If they don't have their own attack sounds they will most probably use an existing attack sound from either players or other mobs (similar to how some mobs use same spells as players such as the new frozen mobs and ice thrust)