The hate on new servers ?

smoochy boys on tour

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
made me lol =D

wow you people make me laugh. You have been hating on this forum non stop for years on end.. Get a ****ing grip ? I actually have no idea what to say because you are that much of joke its unreal. Your life evolves around hating people trying to bring out a server.. if you want to start on me then crack on. my life has much more than muggy comments on a hater forum x Dunno why idiots like you are even still om this forum x

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
wow you people make me laugh. You have been hating on this forum non stop for years on end.. Get a ****ing grip ? I actually have no idea what to say because you are that much of joke its unreal. Your life evolves around hating people trying to bring out a server.. if you want to start on me then crack on. my life has much more than muggy comments on a hater forum x Dunno why idiots like you are even still om this forum x

It comes with the territory. I'm not especially well liked around here either and I've accepted that.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
If you're on your 4th iteration...I wouldn't play your servers.

It's all well and good trying new things and changing your idea, but to have each mind change a different server release, just makes you a completely unreliable server owner and not one that people will want to play on lol.

Servers could be really good for all i know, but that bit of information strikes you off my list of server owners i would play with.

In response to the main thread title, there are KNOWN server owners who do the following:

- Advert is nothing more than mentioning what the rates are, as if it makes for an interesting server.
- Spending ~5 minutes on creating a server (This often results is basic Database entries, downloading/opening basic set of Crystal files and clicking the run button)
- More time being spent on the gameshop as oppose to the servers longevity/content and actual gameplay.
- No dedicated server, despite the frankly cheap host in comparison to the money we know can be made on servers running successfully (If you bothered to spend more than 5 minutes on a server, this would be easy to afford).
- Unreliability/Corrupt server owners. These have had multiple iterations in the past, all have failed, all have been corrupt to some extent.

These servers are not given the time of day. Everyones tired of them and they should be forced off and killed before the doors open.
Wow how does it make a unreliable server owner? Things in the world change day in day out, keep up with times, you would slag him off for using base, but moan that he tries changing stuff to suit people?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Wow how does it make a unreliable server owner? Things in the world change day in day out, keep up with times, you would slag him off for using base, but moan that he tries changing stuff to suit people?

IceMan honestly deserves every bit of criticism for his servers, which is weird because they're usually exceptionally well coded files; but it's his or his team's decisions made after the servers up that end up plunging it into disaster. I don't mind people trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am tired of people straight up not learning their lesson from their past failures. It's actually painful to watch happen over and over again.

Ben did well because he understood what people wanted and adapted fast if something was wrong and learnt from his mistakes/failures. Exlcuding paragon, that died due to an unfortunate incident where Ben wasn't really involved in the making of it at all, and the person who was (sloth) stabbed Hany in the back to take personal donations and so Hany lost hope and motivation and it promptly died. Paragon was still extremely fun to play, mind you.

Then again I'm just a pleb community manager, so what do I know. :love_heart:

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
It comes with the territory. I'm not especially well liked around here either and I've accepted that.
Guessing saturday aint carrot night, i thought most poeple loved you around here :p

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

IceMan honestly deserves every bit of criticism for his servers, which is weird because they're usually exceptionally well coded files; but it's his or his team's decisions made after the servers up that end up plunging it into disaster. I don't mind people trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am tired of people straight up not learning their lesson from their past failures. It's actually painful to watch happen over and over again.
Ye i agree kori, but like i said the world aint like it used to be. You can trust someone and they can **** you over. But once you find a good team your on a roll. Not everyone is a robot to do coding/ running a server solo

lostwars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 29, 2009

Everyone loves you on here, regardless of you losing interest 6 weeks into every server you've ever released

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Kinda disagree with this, ben made about 5-6 servers, all of them highly successful and long-term, some servers just naturally mature to the point where you can't progress them anymore, while some have flaws in that just weren't picked up.

Bens was years per iteration, we all understand that eventually the servers must come down. But it was not until the time was over for the servers.

Despite Ice's reputation and corruption (This is personally the main reason i wouldn't play anyway lol), the servers going up and down are no different to that of money grabbers.

Never liked Scorps server, even from P69 and Aracdia. I played Archons and was disappointed for many reasons, but i just think his ideas of server building just don't fly with me anyway lol.