[2.3] Would you play 2.3 ?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I would give people a little more info. How custom are the files? Whats in the files and so on.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
its not as simple as a yes or no. every one on these forums atm is probably looking for a decent mir 2. but you cant expect people to say there going to play something with no screen shots. game play nothing.,. most people look at how custom it is and if it will actually stay up for over a month.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think he's more asking if it's worth the time using 2.3 files.

if it's the basic 2.3 files you're using, but just new content as maps, item etc. I'd say no.

From what i remember there are plenty of cheats, exploits and bugs known to the public on those files.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I think he's more asking if it's worth the time using 2.3 files.

if it's the basic 2.3 files you're using, but just new content as maps, item etc. I'd say no.

From what i remember there are plenty of cheats, exploits and bugs known to the public on those files.

This.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The fact I failed the multiquote has ruined it, but my answer is No.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
2 Thing's you'd have to make work for people to play.

1: Res.. Nobody is going to play in 800X600 everything looks ****ing massive and there no option to change.

2: Cheats, many 2.3 server's stopped cheats, do you can the ability to code in a real anti-cheat? Todd probably had the best one where if you ran over a certain speed you'd just bounce back and get stopped.

Like i'd play 2.3 3Hero's over anything online right now by a long long way, if the res / cheat's were sorted. A lot of people would follow also.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
The code was released so hoping people may have a play.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I'd like to see another server on 2.3 files where it catered to both players like 3Hero's, you could grind / boss to progress like a normal player who enjoys to hunt or if you had the ability go to the pk route with the level up on Pk system and pk drops, i loved the fact on 3hero pker didn't even have to hunt i made all my levels / kit from Bw pk..

Man i miss it high rates on Crystal files just feel ****, there not been ONE good high rate on Crystal's the balance has just been all over the fekin place on em.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
I'd like to see another server on 2.3 files where it catered to both players like 3Hero's, you could grind / boss to progress like a normal player who enjoys to hunt or if you had the ability go to the pk route with the level up on Pk system and pk drops, i loved the fact on 3hero pker didn't even have to hunt i made all my levels / kit from Bw pk..

Man i miss it high rates on Crystal files just feel ****, there not been ONE good high rate on Crystal's the balance has just been all over the fekin place on em.
^^^^ yeahh this^ loved being able to pk and boss hunt and still being able to level from boss exp pills / boss sub exp

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
The code was released so hoping people may have a play.

Not many users know to code, mostly are just copy paste the code existent and small modify the names and some variables and boom... "new" spell..... Would be a hard task to walk on this files (source) without having a briefly "manual" on how it works ;P

Look at crystal... all those topics and such a well of knowledge and i dont see any "awesome" server with more than basic coded features that Far added on repo. :P

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
2 Thing's you'd have to make work for people to play.

1: Res.. Nobody is going to play in 800X600 everything looks ****ing massive and there no option to change.

2: Cheats, many 2.3 server's stopped cheats, do you can the ability to code in a real anti-cheat? Todd probably had the best one where if you ran over a certain speed you'd just bounce back and get stopped.

Like i'd play 2.3 3Hero's over anything online right now by a long long way, if the res / cheat's were sorted. A lot of people would follow also.

personally i prefer 800x600 feels more mir like

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
99% of people left playing Mir agree, 800X600 is just a mess and nobody would play it, my point was proven not long ago when Sabre mir was put up and it died within a month because people couldn't deal with having a 3 inch squared hp pot on their screen.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
99% of people left playing Mir agree, 800X600 is just a mess and nobody would play it, my point was proven not long ago when Sabre mir was put up and it died within a month because people couldn't deal with having a 3 inch squared hp pot on their screen.

wrong it died because the gm lost interest but claimed it was due to lack of funds. well whatever i prefer 800x600 **** 1366x768,

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
wrong it died because the gm lost interest but claimed it was due to lack of funds. well whatever i prefer 800x600 **** 1366x768,
normally i read and move along. but no body is wrong.
you all play different simple as that. some servers need diff resolutions. like now ive never played in windows mode ever. but due to windows 10 doing what ever they've done seems these mir servers cant hack me going full screen.
i mean if i do my chat goes invisible oh and log in also invis. so all fun and games. and at the end of the day my main point is some people cant afford 10/10 and get stuck in there old ways some prefer new. but im not going to sit here and watch you lot bitch about who prefers what res. stick to what you do. people meant to help each other out and offer diff solutions advice ect some being absolute little bitches and be helpful.