Mir 2 Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
edens elite is going well, 70 users after 5/6 weeks is nothing to sniff at these days

considering most crystal servers die after a month its doing ok

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
The same people go server to server completely no life it and recruit half the server into guild, completely dominate till everyone else gets bored and quits then they get bored and quit.

Rinse and repeat every time. Community is to small and it’s been exactly the same on last few servers

It depends on the server(s) really, I do know sheep will be sheep and that's never going to change but if said server(s) put the effort and time in, those sheep will return.. eventually.

Loyal players are hard to come by in 2018.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
It depends on the server(s) really, I do know sheep will be sheep and that's never going to change but if said server(s) put the effort and time in, those sheep will return.. eventually.

Loyal players are hard to come by in 2018.

Dont mess loyals with commons.

If server gets booring and players start to leave, its normal that loyal players gonna go other place because its boring but they will always remmber you and will always follow when you make a project.

Take Pottsy as example, he took the carrot high deep up to his lungs, i guess he quit Zircon but he will always follow jimmy and will admire him.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Take Pottsy as example, he took the carrot high deep up to his lungs, i guess he quit Zircon but he will always follow jimmy and will admire him.

Nice try, but you make the mistake of thinking you know me ;)

I never have, nor will I ever be loyal to 1 specific owner. I form my own opinions and tastes, this includes with server owners/developers i don't particularly like.

Jamie is a fantastic developer, and has created server files that smash any previous ones...people who deny it, either don't like him or are in contest with him.

For example Zed, your server could be the best story/content etc ever in the history of Mir3....But I could not ever bring myself to play your files over his, simply because they make me puke and run like **** lol...is the reason I have not played Mir3 in a long time before Zircon.

Similarly, I don't really like you as a person...but if you had Zircon files, and had better content, I would play yours over his.

I don't play Zircon NOW, because it had run it's course with me...I'm not playing a server out of loyalty, it got boring for me, there is only so much developmental talent can give me.

Then you have the usual trash you just outright ignore:
- Repeat gold digging owners
- Copy/Paste database servers

But you are right in 1 thing, it's very admirable that he can create these things almost effortlessly lol...Honestly wish i could do it as well.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Mir is far from dead still, it's just that all the servers are lacking one way or another and people get bored fast. Lack of alternatives just makes people continue playing these for the sake of playing, not because they are actually any good.

Maybe someone decided to pick up Unity & is working on a real 3D, 'Mir2 inspired' game...
(Not the trash they
realesed, that looks like a 12yr old did it as a school project)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Dead in this case refers to the relatively small and unchanging community of folks that has little influx of pple new to mir game. When you don't attract new players who would discover mir and play on as oldtimers drop off for any reason, the game can be considered dead, or respectively surviving in a state called zombie :grey:

IMO mir2 has the essential base of what makes a game a game and in just acceptable graphics envelope that stands the test of time. Very few today would care to play mir2 v1 or basically early games that had no or only very rudimentary graphics, mir2 as we know it today has just enough gfx quality to keep going, similarly like old fairy tales for children survive the test of time under all the modernizing candy put on by modern games or fairy tales.

Given that closed community, what kills mir servers most (admittedly IMO only) is that freewheeling way the experience points are dished out on most servers and by that I don't mean high rate servers but the way the exp is served out via those so called 'leveling caves' (paid or free) and exp buffs (starting with noob guild and continuing with permanent guild exp buffs, including 'rested exp buff') and worst - exp buff scrolls for sale in GS (never mind if for rl cash or gold or both).

I miss badly the way the exp was sacred on the official euro servers in the early years (even if that wasn't by some intention), before those various special caves like those mid, high level caves and that concept of 'ancient' caves and high rate wiper cave, were introduced in later years, never mind the events or even the last event that was let run past the event time, before euro closed its door for good.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Need a decent high rate out there they’re fun servers for pure pk’s it’s just fun for Pk pk pk haha

drakey

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 26, 2011
Given that closed community, what kills mir servers most (admittedly IMO only) is that freewheeling way the experience points are dished out on most servers and by that I don't mean high rate servers but the way the exp is served out via those so called 'leveling caves' (paid or free) and exp buffs (starting with noob guild and continuing with permanent guild exp buffs, including 'rested exp buff') and worst - exp buff scrolls for sale in GS (never mind if for rl cash or gold or both).

I miss badly the way the exp was sacred on the official euro servers in the early years (even if that wasn't by some intention), before those various special caves like those mid, high level caves and that concept of 'ancient' caves and high rate wiper cave, were introduced in later years, never mind the events or even the last event that was let run past the event time, before euro closed its door for good.

Someone who speaks some sense at last

This is 100% my view also - many of these recent servers all fail on this part

The top 20-30 players all rinse the first few week/month, abuse the exp pots/buffs and find themselves at end game before they know it, and the casuals can't compete so get bored/quit, which leads everyone else to slowly do the same

The other side of this scenario is balance, it's so damn hard to balance hp/skills when someone is 10 levels above another, which is the why euro worked so well because everyone was within a few levels of each other - 40-45 seemed the average for "end game"

So far i've yet to see a server get the exp right - even chronicles had it's bad moments at the beginning (iNoob 10 lvls ahead, having to fight him 12v1 at bosses)

Hopefully we'll see a decent new server in the near future, IMO 400+ user count is possible if done right

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
keke are you riding?

It's taken him 5 years to get this sort of validation!

p.s. yes i'm bored

Would be more interesting here if you weren't so trigger happy with Ban hammer... Now we're stuck with boring mir2pion and a receding hairline to keep us amused.

(No factual evidence to dispute OhBabys claim has been issued so its factual until proven otherwise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.