Join Discord

COVID Have you had it?

• Total voters

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
As title ^^ personally I havnt although I may have and had no symptoms as my kids and their mum had it.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Voted Probably, while working away as a HGV driver, Its extremely hard to avoid some form of contact with other drivers (Services - Showers/Toilets) and some are extremely well... dirty...

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Not sure but I recently started a new job in November working for a water supply company in an office. They claim they are covid compliant but I swear there is 12 of us clammed into a room which is probably 10 meters by 15 meters with no ventilation, either I have and had no symptoms or its imminent.

Reactions: Tai

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Nope.

Had one friend have it and recover so far.

Other half possibly had it few months before it was all over the news. Worst flu ever followed by breathing problems and months before the cough went

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
I am immunocomprimised so was practically locked away from outside contact. I still got covid. ( We think it may have been via my eldest daughter who still had to work) Luckily i got through it but it was not a fun time

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I am immunocomprimised so was practically locked away from outside contact. I still got covid. ( We think it may have been via my eldest daughter who still had to work) Luckily i got through it but it was not a fun time

Look at the bright side, you're immortal now.

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Yes, ive had it for around 17 days now. most people seem to lose their symptoms after the 10th day but mine got progressively worse on the 10th day, thats when i lost all sense of smell/taste and excruciating back and leg pains (no just parts of the leg the whole bloody thing).

It's strange how it effects everyone different... mine just started as a cough and got progessively worse, due back to work on monday but can't see that happening!

Reactions: Belle and Tai

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Yes, ive had it for around 17 days now. most people seem to lose their symptoms after the 10th day but mine got progressively worse on the 10th day, thats when i lost all sense of smell/taste and excruciating back and leg pains (no just parts of the leg the whole bloody thing).

It's strange how it effects everyone different... mine just started as a cough and got progessively worse, due back to work on monday but can't see that happening!

After the 10th day the virus can be way more dangerous and kill you. We have had cases where the patient was sent home because he was feeling well and the next day died. I forgot the name of this things, but after it's around 10 days in your body, something happens with you immune system and it starts attacking your own body thinking it is attacking the virus.

It's not your case, though. You would be dead by now.

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
Yes, in April.

Mild symptoms apart from sense of taste and smell which has never fully recovered (Same for my wife)

• Wow
Reactions: Tai

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Ohh Covid, I changed to negative....

what was I positive for again...

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
After the 10th day the virus can be way more dangerous and kill you. We have had cases where the patient was sent home because he was feeling well and the next day died. I forgot the name of this things, but after it's around 10 days in your body, something happens with you immune system and it starts attacking your own body thinking it is attacking the virus.

It's not your case, though. You would be dead by now.
Yeah i had doctors out on day 12, they done a few checks on me and all seemed pretty normal (as could be) but im now on day 20 and still cant seem to shake it off! the lack of taste is the most annoying thing to me, i just want to sit down with a big greasy kebab and indulge.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Yeah i had doctors out on day 12, they done a few checks on me and all seemed pretty normal (as could be) but im now on day 20 and still cant seem to shake it off! the lack of taste is the most annoying thing to me, i just want to sit down with a big greasy kebab and indulge.

The taste thing sucks. From what I know most people get their taste and smell back slowly the following weeks, but there are cases like @MasterD where it lasts months. Hopefully it'll go away.