Join Discord

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i dont think they are using the dm2 at all mate

i go on the dijue server sometimes was on last night,
they are useing the old style interface with just a couple of extras but they use a server not like i have seen before it has all the skills working i not been on to play so i really cant say much i only go on this server because i like to see if anythings new has been added

lif

They are

Theres about 4-5 groups now 1 is using the DiamondM2 source that was released before the SVN
Another is using the latest SVN code and adding his own things (Horses for example client side)
The rest are using the Plumewind code which is what DiamondM2 and The SVN are based upon

.ViruS

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2007
./usr/
Everyone should be using the DM2 files that way it will get the bugs out quicker and better servers.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Hrmph, whats say we code some back doors in :)

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Only thing with using the DM2 files for me is that I really cnt b arsed to change all my files into it, me and deathsdeciple would have love to have made the server in 2.3 but its a bit late now :err:

No i searched through some of the files and all the credits have been taken out.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Everyone should be using the DM2 files that way it will get the bugs out quicker and better servers.

sounds good but i hate sql, but sayin that someone did say it could be done on dbcomander if i had it working on that well hay i would fix quite a few of them

lif

.ViruS

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2007
./usr/
SQL is probably one of the best things that has happened. If not use Access very easy to use both of them.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Yeah I agree that SQL is better than DBC. I have never really used it until DM2 but I really do find it easier to use.

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
I think that the DBC was great for its time and if i'm honest when i first started on the 2.3 files i was a little rusty on using the SQL db's which i found really annoying due to Access being so easy to edit, so now i have a server that runs BOTH! ^.^ now editing couldn't be easier.

Why did i do this you ask?

Well simply because my non-SQL 2.3 server lacked alot of bits in it (ingame functions, magic and mobs etc...) the newest M2server has it all but it only seem'd to run using SQL and i hate editing SQL (TIP: do your editing in access then just import the new data into SQL *MUCH easier*) so now i have mucked around with it and now it runs the info i want from Access and the other stuff (that doesn't need editing atall *game does it* eg GT owners) to run from SQL.