Request 1st line support course

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Congratulations on the role!

I am wishing you all the best in your new position.

Achievement accomplished for you!
Cheers pal.

Happy days, no more wiping shitty arses and dealing with dementia. I love my job but its seriously stressful and an emotional drain watching people die

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Absolutely loving my new job. Thank you all again for helping. Only thing I don't enjoy is the £250 diesel bill every month. Roll on working from home soon.

• Love
Reactions: Jev and Seanofsmeg

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Absolutely loving my new job. Thank you all again for helping. Only thing I don't enjoy is the £250 diesel bill every month. Roll on working from home soon.
We are all happy to support you along the way.

May your wishes come true!

Reactions: PoPcOrN

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Coming up to 6 months at the company and i'm constantly at the top each week for stats, most tickets/calls done and most accurate information given etc. Will be time to move on soon I think as they don't have 2nd/3rd Line Support here.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Coming up to 6 months at the company and i'm constantly at the top each week for stats, most tickets/calls done and most accurate information given etc. Will be time to move on soon I think as they don't have 2nd/3rd Line Support here.
Nice one dude, got my fingers crossed that moving up to 2nd line goes well for you.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I hope you get 2nd line soon.

I had 2 1st line jobs in my time working in IT and since then, I have been in 2nd line.

Keep up the good work :)

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Today is the day I update my CV and move on... They don't have any clear path for progression what so ever, we're short staffed, over worked and carrying people who do nothing.

Any advice on where i can move on to next and good stuff i can put in to my CV as i expect i will miss some stuff out

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Today is the day I update my CV and move on... They don't have any clear path for progression what so ever, we're short staffed, over worked and carrying people who do nothing.

Any advice on where i can move on to next and good stuff i can put in to my CV as i expect i will miss some stuff out
Hey

I moved from one 1st line position to 1st line in a different company.

Have you considered 2nd line Support in another company?

If you have it in your budget, I recommend taking ITIL v4 onwards as certifications. They give you an understanding of how IT works. I obtained mine during the Lockdown period.

Look at your technical skills and ability and list them on your CV.

Over the last few months I've been updating my CV and went to an IT careers fair in February. They may have some in your local area.

Check Google for careers fairs and look at IT in particular and apply. If successful, you have some fairs to go to.

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
If you're based in UK then government apprenticeships are back in and they pay very well considering you need zero experience. They're starting in September and taking applications right now. My cousin (age 35+) has been out of work for ~6 months due to his last employer going bust and I have convined him to apply for a DevOps apprenticeship. Here's the link to DWP page about it:

CLICK ME

Also if you have the drive to learn in your own time there are a ton of resources that are free online. Edx is a particularly good one with courses from many US Ivy League and UK "Red Brick" universities doing courses for free covering all types of subjects (not just IT). Some run inline with the real course and at the end you can pay to get the final piece of work graded and you get an Edx certificate which is legit. Here's the link for them:

OR CLICK ME

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
If you're based in UK then government apprenticeships are back in and they pay very well considering you need zero experience. They're starting in September and taking applications right now. My cousin (age 35+) has been out of work for ~6 months due to his last employer going bust and I have convined him to apply for a DevOps apprenticeship. Here's the link to DWP page about it:

CLICK ME

Also if you have the drive to learn in your own time there are a ton of resources that are free online. Edx is a particularly good one with courses from many US Ivy League and UK "Red Brick" universities doing courses for free covering all types of subjects (not just IT). Some run inline with the real course and at the end you can pay to get the final piece of work graded and you get an Edx certificate which is legit. Here's the link for them:

OR CLICK ME

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.
Appreciate the link but looks like the job posts have been closed