[2.3] 2.3 server files

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I'm looking for a copy of td's server files. Or any other 2.3 files which have a simple and easy instruction on how to get them up and running. Please don't post links from the forums as there all dead links. Surely someone has them somewhere and can upload them with out the maps so it's only small.

Just want run a 2.3 server on my pc and log on to it from my laptop to play it. It's been so long since I've seen Mir. So I'm desperate to give it a bash for old times sake.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Last edited:
Reactions: Ardbeg
Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I can't even get sql manager on my pc. If anyone who has sorted out a server for 7 could they give me a helping hand please. Or point me in the right direction off how to get it working.

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
I can't even get sql manager on my pc. If anyone who has sorted out a server for 7 could they give me a helping hand please. Or point me in the right direction off how to get it working.

not sure mate what sql server you need for windows 7.. i guess you will need the 2008 version.. i never tryed installing on windows 7 but i guess the setup should be almost the same you do on windows 2008 R2 systems..

just download the latest SQL server like the 2012 version.. the installation steps are almost the same as the windows vista guide but you will find some difference.. here is the express version that you need:

http://www.microsoft.com/it-it/download/details.aspx?id=29062

try it out and see if you can make it work.. most important part is not to forget to setup the installation in "mixed mode" and add a password to it.

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
ok just had chance to try get this working tonite, the server runs, but when it comes to the graphics off starting a new account, there all over the shop, I get gate open/closing graphics. I use the password and username test,test it lets ,me log in, but I cant create a new char. so if anyone can kind off help me id appreciate it.

also, the setup server starter and setup client.bat didn't work at all when I double clicked them.

---------- Post Merged on 04-09-2013 at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 03-09-2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

ok server is up and running and i'm ingame, i just cant get my head around the mongen file. anyone got a simple guide for morons, or anyone spare me 5 mins to talk me thru it.

---------- Post Merged on 04-09-2013 at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 03-09-2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

ok server is up and running, and i'm ingame. I just cant get my head around the mongen file. has anyone got a guide for morons to do this? or anyone spare me 5 mins to talk me thru it

---------- Post Merged on 05-09-2013 at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 03-09-2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

Ok the server is running and I can get in-game. I just can't get my head round the mongen part off the set up. Does anyone have a moron proof guide to this part? I have sql2005. Or if anyone could spare me 5 mins at some stage to talk me thru it. Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
MONGEN:

The name is self explanatory.
TBL_MONGEN is used to spawn monsters around different maps on your server.

I have put together an example for you explaining each field.

Upvote 0

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I prefer using dts wizard to export to access for quick editing and searching, especially once you get over a few thousand db entries

Upvote 0