2.3 Server Guide - Idiot Proof

smoochy boys on tour

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
2.3 Server Guide - Idiot Proof with videos

!!07/12/2008 - UPDATE / REMAKE OF THE SERVER GUIDE!!

This Guide Is For Windows XP Home / Professional Users

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE WINDOWS VISTA PRESS HERE

!!ATTENTION!! : Before continuing you must know the following things..
The server files are packed which means that most of the recent antivirus programs out there.. like AVG, Kaspersky or whatever will recon that the exes zipped in the server files are viruses.. which means that before continuing you must add an execption to your antivirus programs to disable scanning in C:\Mirserver... if you don't do this in most cases the antivirus application might not delete the file if you say it not to but it will block it anyway which will turn into having a server not working properly.. take a few minutes before starting the guide to check if you have or not an antivirus on your pc.. and if u do add an exception..

Another thing is that in the server files i created 3 .bat files so that they will set the files for you but i created them only for windows xp users which have english operating system language.. if you have different languages than english then post here and i will help you out!

STEP 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Make sure you are a Windows XP Users and that the language of the operating system is in English..to do so press START > RUN and type winver

STEP 2
Download the Legend Of Mir 2.3 Client from this website: GamersHell - I think Client will be hosted for some long time here..

When you have downloaded the file extract it anywhere and double click on the Mir20Client.exe

The installation will start.. this will take a few minutes depending on your system.. in order to install it correctly follow this easy steps..

Starting from the first window after it has read the installation files press:
- Next
- Yes
- Insert Username and Company (i have put . and .) & press Next
- Don't Change Destination Folder & press Next
- Next
Now wait for installation to complete.. after it has installed press
- Finish!

STEP 3
Download the SQL Server from here: LINK DOWN.. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE A LINK FOR THIS BEFORE ME? - i found this link which seems to work: Host

In order to install it correctly make sure that you havent got it already installed.. if you have then go into Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs and Uninstall the Microsoft SQL Server 2000..

if you have uninstalled it or it's your first installation then you can double click the SQLEVAL.exe and extract it in C:\

When it says "The Specified Output Folder Does Not Exist. Create it?" choose YES

After the installation has unpacked the files you will get a message saying "The package has been delivered successfully."

Now open C:\SQLEVAL and double click on autorun.exe

At the window choose:
SQL SERVER 2000 Components then Install Database Server..

Now follow my clicks and press:
- Next
- (make sure Local Computer is selected) and press Next
- (make sure Create a New instance of SQL Server, or install Client tools is selected) and press Next
- Name = . & Company = .
- Press YES
- (make sure Server and Client Tools is selected) and press Next
- Next
- (make sure Typical is selected) and press Next
- (make sure "Use the Same account for each service" is selected and double check that "Use The Local System Account" is selected) and press Next
- Choose Mixed Mode and input as password: sa
- Press Next

Here are 2 pictures of each window and what i clicked on..

if the images get cancelled by imageshack then you can download these: Images Part3

Now wait for it to installation to complete.. after it has completed you can delete the C:\SQLEVAL folder..

STEP 4
Download the edited mirserver files from here: MegaUpload

I don't know how long i will keep the files here so if someone else is willing to mirror i will be glad

This server files are already setted and have a few fixes in them.. the fixes are the mapquest error and the missing tables in sql that dont allow gt to work.. (Credit to TravisW)

Put the Mirserver.exe in C:\ and double click it.. in the window make sure it will extract itself in C:\ and press Install..

Now go in C:\Mirserver and double click on "1-Set Up Maps.bat"
This will copy for you all the maps in your client folder into your server files..

Now double click on "2-Set Up My Client files.bat"
This will fix your client files so that you can connect correctly to them
This will also create a Diamond Shortcut on your desktop.. use this to play the game from now on

Now double click on "3-Set Up Server Starter.bat"
This will fix your serverstarter and set it to work directly
This will also create a Serverstarter shorcut on your desktop, use this to start the server from now on

STEP 5

This is the last part of the Guide.. maybe also the most important part tbh..

If till now you haven't restarted your computer then do you can choose to do it now and let the SQL server service manager load by himself or simple make it load right away.. here i will tell you how to continue without restarting..

so open START > PROGRAMS > Microsoft SQL Server > Service Manager..

when the window pops up press the PLAY button and wait a few seconds.. if everything has been done correctly u should have the STOP button turning Red and the PLAY button turning Grey..

this is a picture of what should happen:

Now open START > PROGRAMS > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager
when the window loads press the + near Microsoft SQL Servers
then press the + near SQL Server Group
then press the + near (local) (Windows NT)
then select Databases
Right click on it and choose "New Database"
In the window where it asks to give it a name call it mir2 & press Ok

Now press the + near Databases and select mir2
Right click on it and choose All Activities > Restore Database
Choose the Restore: From File option
Press Select Devices
Press Add
Under filename press the button with [ ... ] and browse to C:\Mirserver\DBServer and select mir2sql2000backup and press OK
Then press OK again
Then press OK again and you should return to the window where u selected the "FROM FILE" option before
In this window now choose in the top part the window tab called "Options" and here choose "Force restore Over existing database" then press OK

this are 3 pictures of what i described above:

if the images get cancelled by imageshack then you can download these: Images Part3

if everything has been done correctly then u shouldnt get any errors..

STEP 6
You can now start the server using the serverstarter link on your desktop..
wait it to load completly.. if you have done all the things i did u also will get this message at the end of the M2server.exe

[07/12/2008 11.01.21] LoginServer Connected(127.0.0.1:5600)
[07/12/2008 11.01.21] Gate[0](127.0.0.1:2135) Opened...
[07/12/2008 11.01.24] DBServer Connected(127.0.0.1:6000)

which means that the server is running correctly..

Now use the diamond link to open mir and create a new char..

FAQS
THERE ARE NO MONSTERS INGAME, HOW DO I ADD THEM:
Download this mogentxtfile: Here
Then i'm not sure of the procedure since i don't have SQL2000 installed but it should be something like this:
- open enterprise manager of sql.. open the mir2 db.. open tables.. right click on tbl_mogen and select all activities.. import data..
- then when the window pops up press next
- data source must be set to text file
- filename must be the txt mogen file u downloaded
- select copy tables and press next
- enlarge the source field to see the complete names of the tables.. one should be tbl_mogen$ and the other tbl_mogen$data.. select the first one
- under the destination voice press the arrow down and choose [mir2].[dbo].[TBL_MONGEN]
- in the transform voice press the ... and in the new window that pops up select
- "Create destination table" and "drop and recreate destination table" then press OK
- then press next and next again.. it should delete the table and recreate it with the new info in..

I WANT TO BE A GAMEMASTER, HOW DO I ADD MYSELF:
For setting yourself as GM open Enterprise Manager.. go into mir2 db.. open the tables and select right click on tbl_admin and choose open table -> show all rows..

then press the grey square on the row containing 10 Sting 127.0.0.1 and choose delete
on a new row write 10 GMCHARNAMETHATYOUWANTTOUSE and ip which in local is 127.0.0.1

Last edited:

alibaydoun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2008
[6/19/2007 5:48:50 PM] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

thats my problem

Upvote 0

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
[6/19/2007 5:48:50 PM] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

thats my problem
Either restart your computer, or go into the processes on your task manager and end the process of the gate giving you the error. Its because you have more than one instance of the gate running.

Upvote 0

WasteMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Very nice guide. Well explained - I'm sure you won't get alot of people asking. Also, on the server files - was the MapQuest error removed? Because I downloaded some files of here recently (TD) and they still had it. That caught me out a few times when I was trying it for the first time.

Just a heads up,
/Gelexx.

Upvote 0

alibaydoun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2008
Either restart your computer, or go into the processes on your task manager and end the process of the gate giving you the error. Its because you have more than one instance of the gate running.
what process am i exactly looking for?

Upvote 0

alibaydoun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2008
Whatever gate is giving you that error.
see thats the thing, how would i know from looking at this?

[6/19/2007 8:45:02 PM] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'

Upvote 0

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
see thats the thing, how would i know from looking at this?

[6/19/2007 8:45:02 PM] Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'
Because whichever gate says that, is causing it. Will either be logingate, rungate or the gamegate.

Upvote 0

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
i cant find the admin list to ad my self to gm so any ideas were it is ive searched the whole files if not could you give me a ini or remind me what to put it it ? thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Open your enterprise manager.. go into your mir2 db and press tables.. now right click on tbl_admin.. choose open table -> return all rows..
put in fld_adminlevel a number different than what the other have and in fld_playername the name of the char u want to give gm powers.. then close

Upvote 0

Gough

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2004
i get connection closed :( can anyone tell me what it can be... most of the programs i open e.g login gate, login server... open up off the screen so i cant see what errors are on them.

i am only trying to run server offline at the minute.

[email protected]

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
u must go into the C:\Mirserver\M2server folder and copy mir2.exe into the legend of mir game folder.. then in the same folder create a mir2.ini containing this lines:

[setup]
patched=0
Param1=127.0.0.1
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=
[Option]
SkillSetting=0
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=0
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

close and start server.. wait it to load and then open mir2.exe to play.. should work

Upvote 0

Gough

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2004
i done everything from guide. i have made a post "connection closed help plz" and that has screen shot on it and someone said m2server isnt even loaded but its been running for ages.

HELP! lol

[email protected]

Upvote 0

Peter12

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2007
This is a fantastic guide.

Only problem i'm having is the DBServer.
Keep getting:

Gate disconnected
Gate connected
Gate disconnected
Gate connected
Gate disconnected.

Obviously now the gate isn't connected. Can load the mir2.exe, when i go to make an account its failed to create an account -1 so i'm assuming these problems are linked.

Any advice please? :)

edit. Eventually times out and says invalid filename.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Unfortunately the files contain an error in the mapquest.txt.. u need to fix it.. ill soon add this step in the server setup guide.. for now go into C:\Mirserver\M2Server\Envir and open the mapquest.txt and delete the 14th row from the file.. then try to reload the server!

Upvote 0

Gough

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2004
i have got past that mapquest error by deleting 3 monsters from it. but i still cant connect still connection closed just posted a new screen shot in other post

Upvote 0