3 Class Mir's future/potential

smoochy boys on tour

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
id say NO tho, its already hard to balance 3 classes, not to mention that there might be loads of criticism and moaning when spell r 2 op/weak. u could get more time and spend on game mechanics/boss ai/new features/better user interface etc

I'm struggling to contain myself over this general thought line which appears to resonate among most veterans, which makes me want to create a thread about it (and I did, was meant for add sin thread!) but don't get me wrong, when it comes to the average owner, who's working alone, I'm going to agree with you.

Bosses and mobs have been a hugely underlooked thing in pretty much every Mir server, mass amount of mobs always puts Wiz's in prime position, lacking unique and powerful mobs to tackle them and making other classes shine far less. Tao's poison and pets making them disgustingly solo efficient (but slow) and last but LEAST, Warrior's are just left as this "sponge class", runs around like this invincible fly until it gets good items and then evolves from fly into....a fly that can hammer a few people down + tanky enough to pick up player drops.

Imo Assassin cannot exist easily when the Warrior class is too basic, there's barely any versatlity to it, like for example most of its abilities become obsolete when near end game higher levels + their stupidly high HP pool just naturally makes them a class you don't want to touch, they are out of place. They should have normal HP pools and have skills like Entrapment and Lion's Roar work on players, monster HP pool just lowers verstality on the warr and limits the games potential (like for example adding other classes, melee especially).

MMORPG's have been for a long time in a bad state and with that I believe Mir has potential to reach over 500 unique users but what does it say about the game when it's apparently so much of a struggle to balance 3 classes, what does that say about Mir's future when you have the tools/animations to work more than 3. This to me already screams a lack of appeal when someone new to Mir hovers over the game and just sees a 3 class game, it just says old, uninspired and lacking passion. Not saying it's impossible however, just needs to be some really enjoyable skills that employ verstatile mechanics like we see in Moba's, then along with good PvE and PvP 3 classes would be fine.

@LightBringer want to know the duration+chance of slows from skills like TundraSword which bring War's effectiveness up and also the direction of Tao and its high level abilities just seem lacking direction (Simple ranged damaging skills), Totem's (only hits/heals in 2 spaces) just seem like another door block mechanic that lacks PvP strengths outside of that or to run around to make the "flies" flinch, not to mention it's just the incorrect strength for Tao.

Btw I know I take this **** too seriously, if you don't like me fek off, ty :p

Last edited: