A few things that i need help with.

smoochy boys on tour

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
thought i would make a thread so that i don't have to keep adding to others and being annoying lol. This will probably help others as i have/will post quite a few things on here that i need help with.

i will keep editing this thread.

all i have to ask to begin with is this;

Gold, how do i sort this so that it can drop etc?

Thanks.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
yeh id like to know how to do this. I just downloaded a hex editor and am starting to learn the basics. I didnt know what i was reading at first but it was converting hexadecimal into binary and that lot lol :P at least im starting to understand it. Are their any relevant guides on the forum or on a website that people know ? thanks.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Gold hasent been Translated from what i can make out its not as easy as just changeing the chink word for gold to the english word GOLD Millo said it can be worked around,

I think the way it could be done is make a item like a " 10kToken " & make an npc that will change it into the gold then the token can be droped buy mobs.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Yeh thats a nice idea heaven, if the translation cant be done. Just noticed orbs and gems aren't on the files. How hard would it be to implement this feature?

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
when milo said it can be worked around he ment have gold that goes in to your bag

so all you do is leave the shops and drops the same for the gold

does this make sence to you ?

lif

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
Yeah thanks lifco i see what you mean.

I can't seem to move around the different maps using gm commands.

@mapmove <mapname> coords right?

tried a few others combinations but none are working.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
Ok, i'm really confused with all the magic/spells etc.

i was looking at the DB and check the MagicCHN.DB to see what was what, so i translated it to what the books were in english, the ones that weren't already in the magic.db i created a new book and added to std items and the orig magic.db.

i made all of these books which weren't already in the database and tried learning them but nothing happens.

now does that mean that if that happens then that spell isnt actually there and doesn't work. or does it need more playing with?

it's all a big jumble at the moment and i don't know where to start, whats magic files i should have etc etc.

basically i'd like to know what the best way to find out what spells these server files have to offer, and how i make them work ingame.

any help would be great.

cheers.

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
I carnt help really with this because i dont know much about the skills sky have coded

but the main skills you need working are the group skills, they are rare and high level but you need to get them working first, its what make hero files stand out from the rest.

as for the best way, that would be to at 1 and goto say 150 trying to see if a skill on that number works.

lif

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
cheers lif,

how would i test to see what spells i could have then.

is it the effect column i should number 1-150 or another one?

and then i just make the book in stditems?

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
can somebody tell me how to get rid of trial mode please, was gonna just leave it for now as i've just upped the trial level but the red writing as you logon annoys me lol.

how do i play in free mode?

Thanks.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Yeah thanks lifco i see what you mean.

I can't seem to move around the different maps using gm commands.

@mapmove <mapname> coords right?

tried a few others combinations but none are working.

@gmmove (map) (cords) /dont need to use cords