A software for Mac OS X that outweights DosBox for gaming

Join Discord

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Hey

Check this out if you struggle with gaming on Mac.

This is for 64 bit and can run on Catalina version of Mac OS X.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Be mindful that it can take time to import your games from your hard drive on your Mac OS x, needing CD etc.

With this app, you are spared using those for codes to mount the CD. It automatically finds it.

Tonight I had success with Quake using this since DosBox is corrupting saved games, taking health down and giving all in Game weapons.

This is a must have for those who want to play Dos games on a macbook.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
This is a must have for those who want to play Dos games on a macbook.
Maybe you should add, on a fairly latest macbook that can install Catalina OSX. Funny how you only mention laptop, doesn't anybody anymore have desktop? I'd play any game on laptop only if desktop wasn't an option, not even mentioning playing on a phone :rolleyes:
That comes from one who played Android mir2 'text' game to level48 :LOL:

Actually Lev49, the bottom menu is now etched on the display forever :D how sad that is
1662781852882.png

Last edited:

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Desktop is an option but I have Mac OS laptop.

Catalina was automatically installed. Just like Microsoft always bring out patches for installing on Windows PCs.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I am sure you know this but if someone doesn't - unlike with Microsoft windows having strong backward and forward hardware compatibility, Apple hardware has cutoffs beyond which you can install (or update to) newer OS only as a fairly serious hacker (also while disabling some OS elements) and only so far (if at all). And it has always been like that with Macs.

I started computing on a given away Mac SE since it became obsolete very fast (with printer and custom bag, orig cost was $7000 CAD o_O, was good for cutting my computing teeth on ;) ), later I had Performa and Power Mac and then switched to PC with win95 (because of galore of games for PC and very limited game choice for Mac and apparently that is true to this day) and never looked back. Also I used to build my PCs, something you couldn't do with Macs.

However I maintain Macs for other pple which keeps me in contact with Mac scene (installed Parallels win emulation on some to make PC bridge card game available). Over the years I was given four MacBook laptops as they couldn't be updated anymore and in recent years many have taken to do all their computing on Apple phones.

But I applaud to this new way of making old games accessible on newer Macs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martyn and Omnibus