Help Adding a New Map

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys i'm pretty new to editing files and adding stuff into the game I was wondering if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded a Map and found this one I like the look of, I followed this Tutorial which said to take the .wil file and add it to Library Viewer which I did and it successfully created the .Lib file, I renamed the .Lib file and changed it to Objects31 I then went onto the MapTileSet program and selected the .map file and set it to ShandraMir2Objects31 but when i load the Map its just black

Appreciate any help that any one can offer

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 34

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
are you trying to add a new map ingame or are you trying to get a new set of tiles/objects to work for a map already ingame?

Upvote 0

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
are you trying to add a new map ingame or are you trying to get a new set of tiles/objects to work for a map already ingame?
Trying to add a new map in game, ive added it to the server.exe and can teleport to the cave but the tiles are just black

Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
From what im gathering, the reason you are having this issue is because (i am not using the latest push from LOMCN source so im assuming here) you have not increased the object read size in your source. It has been a very long time since i have looked at the LOMCN source, however im pretty sure the highest it read to was 30? Correct me if i am wrong.

You can change it by searching in your source for "map\\shandamir2\\objects"

and change this line

MapLibs[120] = new MLibrary(Settings.DataPath + "Map\\ShandaMir2\\Objects");
for (int i = 1; i < 31; i++)

I bolded the 31 as this is the number you will need to change to read above objects 30. ( i cannot remember what the orig number in this slot is, so just increase it by however many new objects you need to use)

For example i have mine at 200. Be careful to check the values of the other objects etc, that you do not increase and conflict with others or it may work, but break other maps or may not work depending on the other values you change. My suggestion is just closely looking at the "free" values that have been given freedom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
From what im gathering, the reason you are having this issue is because (i am not using the latest push from LOMCN source so im assuming here) you have not increased the object read size in your source. It has been a very long time since i have looked at the LOMCN source, however im pretty sure the highest it read to was 30? Correct me if i am wrong.

You can change it by searching in your source for "map\\shandamir2\\objects"

and change this line

MapLibs[120] = new MLibrary(Settings.DataPath + "Map\\ShandaMir2\\Objects");
for (int i = 1; i < 31; i++)

I bolded the 31 as this is the number you will need to change to read above objects 30. ( i cannot remember what the orig number in this slot is, so just increase it by however many new objects you need to use)

For example i have mine at 200. Be careful to check the values of the other objects etc, that you do not increase and conflict with others or it may work, but break other maps or may not work depending on the other values you change. My suggestion is just closely looking at the "free" values that have been given freedom.
Thank you I will try this tomorrow

Upvote 0