Advance Warning: @qq.com email addresses

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This is an advanced warning that all accounts registered with a QQ.COM email address will be banned.

New account registrations with this email domain have already been blocked for the last two years, but anyone who registered before that has not been affected.

However as so many of you Chinese users seem to like to report our emails as spam, rather than clicking the Unsubscribe button, I have decided that the simplest way to protect the integrity of our mail sending capabilities is to blanket ban those accounts - (no more emails to be reported!)

If you wish to keep your account I'd suggest you change the registered email address ASAP.

Toodles ✌️

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Didn't realise QQ was banned couple years ago

Trump Yelling GIF

keyboard

LOMCN n00bie
May 8, 2020
This is an advanced warning that all accounts registered with a QQ.COM email address will be banned.

New account registrations with this email domain have already been blocked for the last two years, but anyone who registered before that has not been affected.

However as so many of you Chinese users seem to like to report our emails as spam, rather than clicking the Unsubscribe button, I have decided that the simplest way to protect the integrity of our mail sending capabilities is to blanket ban those accounts - (no more emails to be reported!)

If you wish to keep your account I'd suggest you change the registered email address ASAP.

Toodles ✌️
I think you have misunderstood these users. It is not the nature of mail defined by the users themselves, but Tencent mailbox will define all unfamiliar mail as spam.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I think you have misunderstood these users. It is not the nature of mail defined by the users themselves, but Tencent mailbox will define all unfamiliar mail as spam.
That's not what he's saying. Users using those emails are going out of their way to mark the email as spam and not just unsubscribing.

Reactions: Tai

keyboard

LOMCN n00bie
May 8, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I think it's Tencent's fault. Hah. Scared me to change my email address:ROFLMAO:
That's not what he's saying. Users using those emails are going out of their way to mark the email as spam and not just unsubscribing.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Thanks for your reply. I think it's Tencent's fault. Hah. Scared me to change my email address:ROFLMAO:
Tencent puting the mail straight into spam isn't the issue it's users reporting the emails as spam instead of unsubscribing.

keyboard

LOMCN n00bie
May 8, 2020
Thank you. I see.
In Chinese proverb:Forest bigger what bird all have!
Do intercept those bad birds

Tencent puting the mail straight into spam isn't the issue it's users reporting the emails as spam instead of unsubscribing.