Adventure Server - Removed/Avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to make a post as some people will start to notice that the Admin team have made the decision to remove / mark as avoid any advertisements to the new Adventure Mir server.

Reason being that Wummy isn't actually running the server at all but was working with another user who (even he was unaware of) turned out when checking to be Remedi / Return to get around posting server ad as all his alt accounts are banned and main account unable to post in the server ad section making him unable to ever advertise a server.

Due to this as it's not really Wummy's server we have taken the same action as we have against Remedi / Return's previous servers and all sources / links removed from advertising on LOMCN. I just wanted to post as questions will start to be raised. I know for me personally I was enjoying the server but things weren't adding up. Issues with client being so buggy & Taos seeming like no testing was prior to launch showing it had been put up potentially too fast as Taos were unable to:

1) Unable to equip poison/ammys on launch
2) Heal / M Heal - healing for 18-20 a tick when should be healing for 100-200+
3) No rez ammys in shop
4) Hallucinate not tested - runs out quicker than takes to confuse a mob
5) Poison Cloud - Lags whole client out - unusable (same for ice storm)

Hopefully the above answers any questions but we would ask if users approach you to work with a server / be a GM and your the only one doing the posting to ask us to check the users accounts to ensure their eligible to be a server owner and not someone who has been banned from advertising through LOMCN.

Thanks
Sean

Maverick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2013
is there a post explaining why remi was banned from posting server adverts or banned from lomcn, in this drama i heard acouple dif stories. rather not say what i heard and just be pointed to where i can find out the truth!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Shame tbh, hes got better at making server's, this was decent besides the few taoist bugs which wasn't major.. had potential this.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
XaioXin, Remedi & Return are all linked. Either same user or friends in some way. For info on them just need to search their names and their previous servers. Anything marked Red with Avoid and you will find what your after such as:

XaoiXin - https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/legend-of-mir2-fourheroes.103126/page-3#post-1134485

Return / Remedi - https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/legend-of-mir2-psychology.103898/page-6#post-1144610

XaoiXin used his users signup info to access their characters on other servers. When Return / Remedi popped up to make another server we weren't 100% sure but 99% sure it was same user or linked so we kept an eye out during the server ad and up to server launch. Server launched with same files and issues of previous server like interface hiccups proving files were the same. This allowed us to mark it as Avoid but wasn't taking down. Was then only taking down when server was closed within a few weeks without any notice and basically stealing peoples money as was accepting donations even up to the day of shut down with no notice to the playerbase.

With all the above of closing and re-launching servers, taking donations and running for the hills within a few weeks we banned him from advertising any further as wanted to release another server which would of broken world records for most server launched and closed in 3 month space.

Last edited:
Reactions: stonecold316

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
is there a post explaining why remi was banned from posting server adverts or banned from lomcn, in this drama i heard acouple dif stories. rather not say what i heard and just be pointed to where i can find out the truth!

1. He brings up a new unfinished and rushed server.
2. Takes donations.
3. Closes server after a few weeks.
4. Goto 1.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Well im sure glad i avoided that **** show server

just by reading the discord they had new something didnt add up sneaky bastard tho still finding ways of squeezing those pennys outta people

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
They had 50% XP potions but I never buy anything on a LOM server so wasn't sure how much £'s it would translate to.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
1. He brings up a new unfinished and rushed server.
2. Takes donations.
3. Closes server after a few weeks.
4. Goto 1.

What makes him worse than others?
There are mir3 servers open/close or doing "v1" "v2" thingy to make it looks like they improved.

Still waiting Edens Elite v84616821.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
There are mir3 servers open/close or doing "v1" "v2" thingy to make it looks like they improved.

It was the fact he was involved in loads of hackings that he was banned from advertising.

Reactions: zedina

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I had a feeling it was him just from the advert and it’s grammar, to much copy and paste, I raised the question straight away as to why it looked like it had elements of the topics everyone was discussing on different threads over the 3 weeks leading up to launch.

Felt and looked like a mish mash of rushness

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It's just a shame to see people mess around such a loyal community to the game.

Good work Admins, makes way (and more hype) for the good servers coming this year!
(as there is nothing worse than returning to Mir and being caught by one of those over-night servers)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

I know you're talking about Infamous. There's actually a big difference between Remedi and Skibadee. While Skibadee did reset his server, he did it after 4 or 5 months of being alive (you can't really expect a longer life for a fun high rate server) and he didn't just accept donations and closed the server the same day.

If we had to ban everyone who runs a server for less than a year there wouldn't be anyone around anymore.

But there's more. Remedi (or his friend) is known for accessing other server accounts with the credentials they have which is something Skibadee has not done. If you have any proof of him doing something like that, show us and we will take measures as we did some weeks ago with a Mir 3 server for the same reason.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I know you're talking about Infamous. There's actually a big difference between Remedi and Skibadee. While Skibadee did reset his server, he did it after 4 or 5 months of being alive (you can't really expect a longer life for a fun high rate server) and he didn't just accept donations and closed the server the same day.

Thats not the point.
Skibadee sold items for RLC which was not posted on the main server advert (following the LOMCN rules)

Or we forget the fact that Eden Mir3 been removed of advertising due "cash cow" reasons?
I remember when Martyn applied "Avoid" or "Untrusted" label on Eden Mir3.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, i honestly would like to see all the "seasonal" 1-3 weeks/months servers/owners away, not just the caples guy.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thats not the point.
Skibadee sold items for RLC which was not posted on the main server advert (following the LOMCN rules)

Or we forget the fact that Eden Mir3 been removed of advertising due "cash cow" reasons?
I remember when Martyn applied "Avoid" or "Untrusted" label on Eden Mir3.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, i honestly would like to see all the "seasonal" 1-3 weeks/months servers/owners away, not just the caples guy.

Erm people have just as much to say about your underhand dealings as they do Jesus.

• Wow
Reactions: XloverBoy7X

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Erm people have just as much to say about your underhand dealings as they do Jesus.

There was no underhand deals, all can say that without a proof.
I never sold a item to some one, i dont trust mir players.

The difference between me and Jesus is that players got receipts/proofs of him selling stuff for RLC while against me they have nothing because i know i didnt sold stuff for rlc.

Honestly some time i regret of not doing that stuff since it looks like that Jesus is kinda apraised here for "having the balls" of recognizing hes a corrupted GM.

Edit: my bad i didnt seen this is on Announcements & Informations section, i will stop "spamming" here.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
What’s the difference between donating for drop % pads, exp pots giving u a lead, stat adding mounts, buff potions that last an hour, buff torches, etc etc...and actually just saying your selling shiz?

Surely if you drop the word “donate” they mean the same thing

Edit - this point is purely to do with selling, I don’t like Remedis way of doing things btw

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
What’s the difference between donating for drop % pads, exp pots giving u a lead, stat adding mounts, buff potions that last an hour, buff torches, etc etc...and actually just saying your selling shiz?

Surely if you drop the word “donate” they mean the same thing

Edit - this point is purely to do with selling, I don’t like Remedis way of doing things btw

I don't know where to begin...

Yes I do, with a dictionary. None of those things count as a donation. A donation is a contribution without reward or return. They are all "selling shiz".

Reactions: Ardbeg and Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I don't know where to begin...

Yes I do, with a dictionary. None of those things count as a donation. A donation is a contribution without reward or return. They are all "selling shiz".

Glad we agree, the only way I see a proper donation these days is a subscription, but we all see the reaction @Sanjian got on that subject

Status
Not open for further replies.