Aesir Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Great idea init, should just let people get the original amonut of exp from AWT until 32-33 then have it drop down inline with other caves.

Reactions: LightBringer

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Yeah would seem the fairest way

Like if a quest gives bugged xp out, 13m instead of 1.3.

You cant remove the quest as some people gain 2.5% and others 25%, you have to let everybody 'abuse it'

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
makes 100% sense, its what we utilized (later on) in TPR to force people to move from cave to cave.
Would be a nice to have had it earlier on, as it would've forced cave progression earlier on (as a cave might have been amazing but fell off quick etc)

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
GM - my 2 pennies...

NERFING/BUFFING
Listening to these early cries about classes being overpowered at lvl20s and then nerfing there QOL is only going to cause ppl to be unhappy.

(Example paladins pets getting nerfed 3 times already, anymore of that and the class is going to be over nerfed)

These pets are max lvl at around lvl28 and hit for 20s, do you really think a lvl45 Barbarian with over 100DC is gonna give a toss about these critters that will probably miss anyways. When he’s 1 Hit bopping u.

If you as a player feel you are underpowered then ask for a QOL buff to help you with your lvling not **** others over to the point where both become underpowered. “No logic”

If indeed the pets are soloing bosses to early then just make bosses hit all pets harder.

BALANCING
Again rebalancing when most ppl on the server are under lvl30 is ludicrous.

My advice is now the UC is much healthier than BETA create an NPC in SZ and activate it once a day to teleport whoever to an arena with a nice kit lvl40-45 where everyone can beat the hell out of each other in front of u.

This will give you a chance to see what needs balancing without potentially screwing it up doing it to low down the food chain.

Also giving you a chance to showcase your items that are to come.

Also giving everyone to see what there class is going to feel like later on, and if there cries now are somewhat foolish.

CORE CLASSES
Add a ring for these classes ASAP as this is one cry I agree with, totally unfair and a lot easier to implement than wiping these 3 classes and having to re allocate there spells.

I agree on a few of your points, theres already been crys of knights being 2 hitted by cryomancers and when tested in front of said knight and i had to t bolt him 5+ times to even get him near half the crys stopped. I'll not be trying to balence the classes pvp wise unless every one 40/45 + with good gear.

Totally agree with ‘positive’ on his points however dont exaggerate, awt was 5.2k befor the exp change and after it’s 2.2kish, giving false information will just put players off
Theres always one ^_^, spawns in there were actually increased at the time so it wasnt that huge of a change and seeing as most of the people in the top level list have changed names, it really cant have been that big of a change lol

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying playing, trying the pally has been a blessing...Early Mir days I was a tao but at the end of Euro I changed to wiz and stayed wiz for years. Then I changed it up and went Warrior for the last so many years....being a Paladin is like a hybrid Tao/War I like it a lot.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I agree on a few of your points, theres already been crys of knights being 2 hitted by cryomancers and when tested in front of said knight and i had to t bolt him 5+ times to even get him near half the crys stopped. I'll not be trying to balence the classes pvp wise unless every one 40/45 + with good gear.
Already a good sign, testing stuff before changing it.
Good man, Good man.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Been playing fine up untill this morning. I tried to log in and It is saying wrong version please update client. Did i break something? I renamed my EXE to client old but nothing.

Ok problem solved someone kindly sent the Exe via discord. All working now

Last edited:

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Been playing fine up untill this morning. I tried to log in and It is saying wrong version please update client. Did i break something? I renamed my EXE to client old but nothing.

Ok problem solved someone kindly sent the Exe via discord. All working now
Just so you know for future, this is just your client downloading a new exe I've put out with changes ( changes you can see in the discord change log channel) if this happens again and something goes wrong you can always drop the original autopatcher.rar files into your client and it'll download them fresh ( just the exe mind you not the whole client ) 🙂

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
With the server being up a week, I thought I'd update this thread with the change log for the past week:

Restricted all items from renting.
Tweaked Spiritual archtetype pets.
Enabled Pet Saving on relogs and reboots.
Fixed a zt crashing bug. Fixed a death watch crashing bug.
Altered PT, PSC, PB Spawns. Altered wooma PT PSC PB Hell Red save Exp rates.
Altered aforementioned areas ancient versions. Enabled rt's on fox first floor. Fixed witch doctor damage calculation.
Altered some base gain rates of stats on magus and cryomancer Altered a fair few drops.
Disabled random events. Added cast delay on rooting spells ie. blizz met etc Implemented proper thunderstorm funcationality.
Buffed tamed pets.
Added a fix for the crash that happened today around 3pm.
Added a fix for the 1am crash. Increased Group experience modifier. (you will be less penalized for grouping up so grab some mates and invite some friends )
Added MeditativeAura to drops.
Hopefully level up guild kick issue is resolved.
Increased PB Spawns. Decreased PB mobs AC, Increased AMC and exp.
Updated Book NPC in BW to give a clearer indication which are late game spells.
Updated Descriptions for Tricon and level 35 Class Sets. Increased Stats and EXP on Invasion Mobs.
Modified InvasionKing and Queen Drop files. Increased Stats and EXP on BattleGrounds Mobs.
Modified HeavenlyWind, Khazgare and Alphafrosttiger AI and added to spawns. Decreased some BDD Mobs Stats.
Tweaked Diablo, Shinsu, Shamakhi, Gyeongbokgung, Icheri and Shengura Stats.
Increased Redspiderfrog Spawns in fox cave 1st map, also made map rtable. Fixed Last man standing Event.
Added Hair Change, SubclassTokens, Skill necklace, ProbeNecklace and GlobalShoutScrolls to Game shop.
Updated Priest Pet image. Updated tooltip info for holyshield.
Removed left over, non use-able spells from drop files. Moved billboard closer to tele point in BW.(edited)
Tripled vipernest spawns.
Added a stalwart buff indicator for information.
Modified the AI for red cave mobs. Added a fix for Trainer. PSC and ST Safe teleports fixed.
Greatly Increased PT KR spawns. Increased right and left guard mobs exp Modified HolyDeva AI.
Increased shinsu defensive stats.
Tweaked flail and guard oma stats and exp.
Tweaked Ancient BDD Mob Stats and exp.
Tweaked Ancient Past Bichon Mobs stats, exp and spawns.
Modified Ancient PB KR mobs stats. Modified MK drops slightly. Modified Knight's special HM and CHM damage Calculation.
Added Class rings for Warrior, Taoist and Wizard.
Fixed a bug with LayHands where massive damage could break through the protection, reduced duration to intended length and added animations.
Increased PB mobs EXP by 50%.
Doubled Ancient PB mobs EXP.
Removed thunderousroar from drops, exchanged for LionRoar books.
Updated Lionroar book description text to indicate paladins can learn it.
Disabled Rt'ing in PT KR.
Fixed a crashing bug.
Added logging around another crashing bug to try get to the bottom of it.
Enabled paladins to learn chm
Increased shinsu stats.
Increased OKS Damage slightly.

I've combined several of the posted changelogs together so if you spotmultiple exp increases in places its a cumulative effect.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can we please get the server put on the UserCount listing? even if you don't pay the 5£ you can still have it on there it just won't display your usercount.

Currently only people following this thread even know its online. Just drop @Tai a message with i.p and think you have to open a port.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
^^^ See, this is why you put your Server on the UserCount listing...

Around 50-60 users i'd say could be more.. I think it would push over 100 easy if it was actually on the UC listing.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
For me atleast, the release was muted. As in, I had no idea about it and yeah, any server that isn't on the server list WITH a usercount is as good as gone imo.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Can we please get the server put on the UserCount listing? even if you don't pay the 5£ you can still have it on there it just won't display your usercount.

Currently only people following this thread even know its online. Just drop @Tai a message with i.p and think you have to open a port.
it's been paid for, waiting on @Tai to turn it on.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
See 9PM on a saturday and hitting 40 online, pretty decent without any form of advertising but 1 thread.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
If you join and play just be a tank class your get the best of both worlds 2 times over.