Aesir Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
This still in Beta? if so ....

Literally logged on for 20 mins and found little problems.
Made a Paladin with starter items hitting mobs for like 9-11 damage quite constant .. awesome.. in Oma Cave level 9 killing easy cant learn Healing or Spirit Sword (says I am not the class for it, but NPC says I am).

Created a Taoist -- with starter items hitting BW mobs for 2-3 Damage and not so much as frequent as a Paladin.

I wonder … did you make these classes to lure people away from the original Warrior, Wizard, Taoist .. as a starter char you have way more advantage and this is just testing 2 of the same class.

Mason

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Sure it was a iron foe -SR luck 6, u was the subclass-assassin via warrior class

good old days
This still in Beta? if so ....

Literally logged on for 20 mins and found little problems.
Made a Paladin with starter items hitting mobs for like 9-11 damage quite constant .. awesome.. in Oma Cave level 9 killing easy cant learn Healing or Spirit Sword (says I am not the class for it, but NPC says I am).

Created a Taoist -- with starter items hitting BW mobs for 2-3 Damage and not so much as frequent as a Paladin.

I wonder … did you make these classes to lure people away from the original Warrior, Wizard, Taoist .. as a starter char you have way more advantage and this is just testing 2 of the same class.

Mason
Didn't particularly make them to lure away from the original 3 classes, most subclasses get most of the core skills but obviously the subclasses will have unique things that onyl they can do. You can view the original classes as a medium between damage and survivaliblity and the subclasses push the character in a different direction i.e. the barbarian has a massive damage output for a warrior but is very fragile, the cryomancer is tanky and but doesn't have the same damage etc.

1570360517410.png
Paladins have similiar stats to a warrior so they will hit harder than a taoist in melee.

Did you read the description of the book?
1570360600522.png
Just tested it myself and was able to learn it fine.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I think most ppl are use to double clicking and boom the book is learnt. I can vouch that if u follow the book instructions it does work 👍🏻

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Good luck with server! Let us know when its officially launched (out of closed beta) and we can move it over to the server advertisement section and details to put it on the server list :)
@smeghead2
Can this be moved to the server advertisement section please?

Beta Period will close on friday, I'm aiming to go live at 7:30 GMT, 11/10/2019 :)

Newest Change Log:

Adjusted exp in mineral mines, insect cave.
Added mini maps to caves.
Tweaked Guild settings.
Modified auras so some are level based.
Added some helpful messages to be displayed as players play.
Modified pvp so that shift needs to be held when in base to base to swing at an enemy.
Tweaked drop rates for tons of items, added craftingmaterials to bosses/subbosses.
Added several more unique monsters.
Implemented Last man standing event system.
- Standard enough, any one can enter, its a free for all, last person alive wins a prize.
Implemented Random event system.
- Can opt in or out, as you play theres a chance that a random event might happen to you.
- Random events can range from finding some gold to being waylaid by bandits etc.
Implemented BattleGround system.
-Requires a group, no time limit

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Make sure you're 100% happy with how the server is feeling Druss before you release, hate to see another promising server released too early. Looking good though, hope all goes smooth.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Make sure you're 100% happy with how the server is feeling Druss before you release, hate to see another promising server released too early. Looking good though, hope all goes smooth.
Thanks :) Honestly, I could spend the next few years working on it and still not be 100% happy, it's always going to be a work in progress but it's in a state I'd have fun playing it so I'm going to release
I expect there to be minor issues so I've cleared my weekend to react to any issues that crop up but there has only been one crash (The one mentioned in this thread, which has been fixed) since the beta went live a few weeks ago so I don't forsee anything major going wrong (famous last words I know 😅)

Last edited:
Reactions: Piff1

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Good luck 👍🏻 First weekends are always fun, aslong as there’s enough Mobs.

you got supply’s?

Red bulls
Papajohns pizza
A bag of patience

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Sorry, that makes no sense, please explain.
Apologises.
Default crystal implementation is that when you run past an enemy you've clicked on, you will stop to swing at the enemy even if your holding run. With this change you will only stop running when you are holding shift.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
interesting, might be on the official crystal repo but I forked my version quite some time ago, I'll have a look at that this evening.
I'm curious if this has also been fixed?

Running instantly after being hit has never been a thing, only using cheats and the odd exception where people have removed it from their files.

Anyway, you need to look at the ObjectStruck packet (sending and receiving)

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Running instantly after being hit has never been a thing, only using cheats and the odd exception where people have removed it from their files.

Anyway, you need to look at the ObjectStruck packet (sending and receiving)
In that thread im refering to running after you yourself swing, not instant run after being hit. Being able to swing and instantly run if you weren't hit used to be the norm if i recall correctly

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@smeghead2
Can this be moved to the server advertisement section please?

Beta Period will close on friday, I'm aiming to go live at 7:30 GMT, 11/10/2019 :)

All moved over. Good luck with the server and launch on Friday. Hope it rocks :)

Ps make sure to get your server on the server list so your guys can and potential new players can see your servers online status

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
All moved over. Good luck with the server and launch on Friday. Hope it rocks :)

Ps make sure to get your server on the server list so your guys can and potential new players can see your servers online status

He'll actually need to start a new thread and this one will be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.