Anathea Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Ok, here's the deal... Within my team of devolopers there are I think 4 people who have played mir before, the others do not have much experience with being a Game Master.. for a community, obviousaly these skills are going to be needed.

So we have decided to make a Mir Server, we have not named the server after the title of our game for obvious reasons.

It would be nice, when this server is up.. to treat the devolopers with respect, they may not know as much about Mir as us but they are very smart people, they know how to play ofcorse, and all the commands and mobs and items etc..

I might try and get a few apps made by one of our VB guys, just as a little thank you to you guys, I will help too. Anyway, back to the stuff I know you guys want to hear.

Exp: No fixed "x7" or anything, we have made our own exp rates, ofcorse they are better than the euro mir exp by quite a bit :)

Items: I'm not going to say "100 new items" because I havent finished making them all, but I can tell you this server will NOT have any super items, purely because I don't see the point and the HP does not suit super items in Mir imo.

Maps: Being worked on at the mo, 2 of us are working on them 1 of which being me, I have made 3 new maps so far, probaly won't make any new leveling maps because there are many which are not in use in the first place, and it saves you guys downloading them :P

Npcs: All the new ones, pet rental etc... all of deadson's npcs basicly and more, lot of quest npcs. We are not going to have all in one selling NPC's because we know how annoying it get's going through all the items trying to find the one you want (lol). There will be a seprate NPC for selling so people don't sell rares to the shop.

Quests: This is where our main priority goes, we feel quests are needed in Mir and make the all round game-play a lot more fun. So you will be seeing a few :P

Misc: We have some ideas from soma which we will implant, including a nice NPC which has been hand scripted by us, I won't let you in on what it is yet, but i think you guys will like it. I will release it if people want it after the server has been made.

Game Masters: There are 7 Game Masters in all, all of which are very close friends of mine and part of my game devolopment team. So you wont be seeing rouge GMs and there will be a GM on most of the time hopefuly :)

Anything else you want cleared up, make a reply... or if you have any ideas you want us to put into the game please reply with what it is and we will try our best to put it in.

That is all, sorry about the long post :rolleyes:

EDIT: We have no intention of shutting down the server once our game is made, which wont be for a few years anyway!

Last edited:

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
Vorath said:

Items: I'm not going to say "100 new items" because I havent finished making them all, but I can tell you this server will NOT have any super items, purely because I don't see the point and the HP does not suit super items in Mir imo.

Sounds ok but u need way MORE intems than 100 m8 .... because most player have 800+ now that leo has releashed the alpha unfrozen files ... msg me if u want som help ¬_¬ with the serv

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Re: Re: Anathea Server

BountieHunter said:
Vorath said:

Sounds ok but u need way MORE intems than 100 m8 .... because most player have 800+ now that leo has releashed the alpha unfrozen files ... msg me if u want som help ¬_¬ with the serv

I don't see the point in over making items myself, there will be as many items as there are, we're keeping the origonal items because there is nothing wrong with them lol, but many more will be added... probaly quite a bit more than 100 :)

temp

Hello

Hi, im one of the developers involved in this project.

Basically, we are using Mir as a learning curve for developing the game, community aswell as external applications. All of the developers come from MMPORPG playing backgrounds and all know off and have played Mir to varying degree's(myself not much. as I was more into Soma).

We are just as Vorath says, a bunch of close friends working as a serious hobby.

I look forward to providing for and making some people very happy with rich content and RP within our server. As its such a long term project, you will find we'll constantly be improving and developing the game as much as our skills allows us to.

Cya soon :)

deathrow

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 28, 2003
kirkby
Vorath said:
Npcs: We are not going to have all in one selling NPC's because we know how annoying it get's going through all the items trying to find the one you want (lol)..
i dont think its annoyin n will u av all npc's in a townd if not y :mad: