Ancient Mir - Coming Soon!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Mir3 can suck on my ball sack the pvp is dog ****.

That being said good luck, you've done more with them files than anybody else has and you've haven't exactly gone balls to the wall though, respect for not putting up pure dog **** pure carbon copy of zircon though.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Mir3 can suck on my ball sack the pvp is dog ****.

That being said good luck, you've done more with them files than anybody else has and you've haven't exactly gone balls to the wall though, respect for not putting up pure dog **** pure carbon copy of zircon though.

What makes the pvp **** in mir3?

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
What makes the pvp **** in mir3?

In my opinion the problem with pvp on zircon files was mainly due to the stats obtainable and some slight inbalances between classes (Mainly Assassin), I know in the early days of testing before Lionsmight teamed up Fub4r I helped him with some testing and balance changes for the classes PVE wise and got a friend to hope on and test out some 1v1 pvp.

They will be doing some testing before going live and hopefully if there are issues with balance they don't just launch the server with them and delay the launch until they have been fixed.

Either way I plan to try this server out although Low rate isn't really my cuppa tea.

Reactions: Xander

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Why don't you do a PvP Beta, just give people predone characters (as its higher end PvP thats the problem usually)
have a 1v1 and group tournament, give the winners GG on release to motivate them to actually want to win, and see what it's all like.

It's one thing I wished I had invested more dev time in.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Why don't you do a PvP Beta, just give people predone characters (as its higher end PvP thats the problem usually)
have a 1v1 and group tournament, give the winners GG on release to motivate them to actually want to win, and see what it's all like.

It's one thing I wished I had invested more dev time in.

will be doing something of that sort, including a castle PvP test as the mechanics have been redone want people to try it and feedback on it.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Lots of new additions within the coming days and weeks.

Plan to launch a beta test within the next 3 weeks.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Small update on progress. Plan is to still launch the beta in less than a week (maybe 27th September)

CTF previewn
unknown-26.png
unknown-23.png

Border Village(previously New Leaf) updated map
Map_1_EV_MysticVil_20_09_2019_12_10_59.png
unknown-17.png

Updated maps
unknown-13.png
unknown-31.png

Will update in an hour or so with more images and info...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaeborg and ventus

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
when will it be out ?? looking forward to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still busy working on completing some features we want in before beta.

We have been a bit busy r/l which has slowed development more than expected.

I don't want to give any particular dates incase they are not met.

Some features currently being implemented are daily quest system, where you will get a random daily quest like on original euro mir.
Enhanced so you can complete as many as you want to but can only select 1 at a time. You will be given 2 daily quest resets every day to change the one you get.
Also adding in repeatable quests that can be done every x hours.

The minigames systems are also being finalised

Reactions: evandai

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Looks good. Spam this in huge MMO youtube comments under the guise of complimenting the video itself. Spam it on reddit forums. Get it active, get it big. There are many, many more people interested in these kind of servers. I'm waiting patiently for this and will help you advertise a little bit when you're closer to release.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Looks interesting :) But concerned by the Sin being left in the game, as is always a problem to balance lol.

Have you done anything specific to the Sin that you haven't mentioned? We all know the usual problems....it's early game is extremely fast, which usually results in it being nerfed early, then buffed later just to keep it on par with other classes.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Sins are glass cannons, they will be strong but will break/die quickly. Honestly it's better for people to test them. They will not be able to kill Big bosses solo, as bosses are planned as group content...

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Monster AI's being updated, more will follow...

unknown (1).jpg
unknown.png

Last edited:

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Just about to do a Technical Test, if anyone is interested hop on to our discord and download the client and message Fornari for an account.

evandai

LOMCN n00bie
May 30, 2019
We are still busy working on completing some features we want in before beta.

We have been a bit busy r/l which has slowed development more than expected.

I don't want to give any particular dates incase they are not met.

Some features currently being implemented are daily quest system, where you will get a random daily quest like on original euro mir.
Enhanced so you can complete as many as you want to but can only select 1 at a time. You will be given 2 daily quest resets every day to change the one you get.
Also adding in repeatable quests that can be done every x hours.

The minigames systems are also being finalised
what is the link to discord ?yhanks \

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
We are due to have another Technical Test on Thursday from 7pm UK time. Links for download are in our discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.