Ancient Mir - Coming Soon!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
I've been playing a little, i like the server a lot so far.

Tested war/wiz/sin at 45. Assasin just does almost everything better at this level, one example is being able to tank 3-4 mobs in WD with a much higher kill speed while warrior struggles with 1-2 mobs, if defiance would work like other Zircon servers i think it wouldn't be so bad, but afaik (only have level 1 defiance atm) its going to work more like official, with a DC loss and no min AC/MR matching the max AC/MR? Might be completely different at 50 and level 3 defiance though. Just feel that the health regen and the health leech on assassin makes it way, way too tanky. I've never played a server where they could balance sin properly though, just hoping warriors will have their place.

Also if you plan to add the consumbles in cash shop (mir package etc) then it'd be nice for you to do it in beta before release, struggling to get enough AC/MR to even tank the mid level caves properly atm, nevermind test mystery ship etc.

Thanks for the feedback, current test kits are full dc based, in which a sin would benefit from more dps wise, they are now dc based not mana. A warrior would probably wear some defence items to West desert I can try sort some out for you in game to retest with if you like.

Would need to check but the tanking of more mobs, is this actually absorbing damage from 3-4 mobs at the same time or using the crowd control spells such as puppet etc to help?

Sins having no base def stats means wars should tank better, one has potion mastery the other lifesteal, is it the life steal that's causing the ability to tank better?

There will be no consumables in the gameshop, it will be based around the cosmetic systems and pig/hermit reroll potions. All of which can be purchased with hunt gold.

I have added all equipment to various shops this morning so people can test with various kits

Last edited:

Repo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 1, 2009
Thanks for the feedback, current test kits are full dc based, in which a sin would benefit from more dps wise, they are now dc based not mana. A warrior would probably wear some defence items to West desert I can try sort some out for you in game to retest with if you like.

Would need to check but the tanking of more mobs, is this actually absorbing damage from 3-4 mobs at the same time or using the crowd control spells such as puppet etc to help?

Sins having no base def stats means wars should tank better, one has potion mastery the other lifesteal, is it the life steal that's causing the ability to tank better?

There will be no consumables in the gameshop, it will be based around the cosmetic systems and pig/hermit reroll potions. All of which can be purchased with hunt gold.

I have added all equipment to various shops this morning so people can test with various kits

i was tanking fairly well without puppet, it was the life steal + dark conversion that made it so easy, obviously having much faster kill speed helped aswell, but thats how sins should be. Just little concerned about life steal making everything so easy right now, this is the exact same problem sins had on other servers.

I did farm some defensive items from PT on my war to see if it helped, but the amount of dps i lost compared to the defense i gained just made things harder, i'll try again with the stuff you added to shops.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I understand your concerns Repo and I've done a test in there today for Lionsmight and Fornari and the difference in killing speed between the Assassin and warrior is so small that personally I don't see it as a big issue.

So in a 30 min hunt in WD on war and sin using same level stuff and same amount of potions the exp worked out at:

3,842,500 EXP Warrior
4,010,000 EXP Assassin

and on the potion front the Warrior used about 30-50 more potions However things are still being changed on both the Assassin and other classes So there may be a small difference in killing speed for melee but it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
It's lower than most custom servers more in line with euro mir

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
MiniGame system is now in place and ready for testing. Free passes have been added to the essentials npc in order to start games for testing.

Each game has a minimum number of entrants required to start. the game lobby will open for 1minute for people to enter. For team games the teams are randomly assigned once the game starts, with each class being split equally among class. IE 2 wiz war tao sin would result in a team of 1 wiz/war/tao/sin on each team. Assignment is completely random and done when the game starts and not based on when people entered the lobby. If you dc you will rejoin the game if it is still running upon login back in, unless the game has passed the revive window.

Potions can be used throughout. No need to alter attack modes. In FFA games you can damage everyone, in team games you can only damage enemies. When dead players will auto revive after 5 seconds.

Current games available -
Battle Arena - Free for all PvP, last man standing gets rewarded, the top 3 kill counts also receive rewards. Players can revive during the first half of the battle, after that its dead and out.
Team Battle Arena - As above but in teams. Last team standing get rewards, and the players with top kill counts from each team also receiving a bonus reward. Players can revive during the first half of the battle, after that its dead and out.
Capture the flag - Team game, retrieve the enemy's flag and return it to your podium. If a player captures your flag kill them to have it respawn where they died. Winning team gets rewards. Players can revive for the duration of the game.

There are still a couple more games in the works, and will look to implement a weekly ranking/reward system we the best players. We will also look to implement guild vs guild versions of these.

Feel free to login and give them a test and provide feedback.

Colin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
Interestin that Pk has some constraint. Adds spice for the adrenaline junkis. Would like to see reduction in damage say 1% for every 50 pk points.. Is there a Pk point removal potion in gameshop? Please consider making gap 5 levels instead of 10. Level matters so much in mir3 pvp. 10 levels is huge advantage

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
MiniGame system is now in place and ready for testing. Free passes have been added to the essentials npc in order to start games for testing.

Each game has a minimum number of entrants required to start. the game lobby will open for 1minute for people to enter. For team games the teams are randomly assigned once the game starts, with each class being split equally among class. IE 2 wiz war tao sin would result in a team of 1 wiz/war/tao/sin on each team. Assignment is completely random and done when the game starts and not based on when people entered the lobby. If you dc you will rejoin the game if it is still running upon login back in, unless the game has passed the revive window.

Potions can be used throughout. No need to alter attack modes. In FFA games you can damage everyone, in team games you can only damage enemies. When dead players will auto revive after 5 seconds.

Current games available -
Battle Arena - Free for all PvP, last man standing gets rewarded, the top 3 kill counts also receive rewards. Players can revive during the first half of the battle, after that its dead and out.
Team Battle Arena - As above but in teams. Last team standing get rewards, and the players with top kill counts from each team also receiving a bonus reward. Players can revive during the first half of the battle, after that its dead and out.
Capture the flag - Team game, retrieve the enemy's flag and return it to your podium. If a player captures your flag kill them to have it respawn where they died. Winning team gets rewards. Players can revive for the duration of the game.

There are still a couple more games in the works, and will look to implement a weekly ranking/reward system we the best players. We will also look to implement guild vs guild versions of these.

Feel free to login and give them a test and provide feedback.
i tried you use your direct patch downloader but it doesnot as it come as .rar and i cantg open tht, i am trying the direct like to the full client now to see but after all tht done are you really sensir about finding good balance between ALL classes in pvp ,not your favoirt one or theone the majourty on server is?!

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@europlayer Been helping these guys out with the testing for months and balancing of classes and at moment War/Wiz/Taoist seem perfectly balanced for PVP the Assassin last I checked was a little behind them but that was more a survivability issue as they made Assassins Paper tigers.

As for PVE All the classes are viable for group/solo play but bosses are not designed to be solo'ed and will require a Taoist and Advantage for some of the more challenging bosses.

Trust me when I say if there's a big issue with balance on the server these guys will fix it. They have completely reworked the Assassins into DC and made a lot of other changes to them so killing bosses on them even in a group with advantage is going to require skill.

If I was to rate classes out of usefulness for bosses it would be

Taoists 10/10 - Stronger Buffs, Decent pets to damage soak, Heals which will be needed.

Warriors 8/10 - Best Defence, Best HP, Decent Damage.

Wizards 6/10 - Slightly better than most servers for bosses but more of a room clearer.

Assassins 6/10 - 8/10 - The reason there is two scores is because the way Assassins are currently you will have to break off bosses well potions catch up because Lifesteal and Dark Conversion are not as strong on here and won't carry you against bosses. Now breaking off isn't a problem against bosses that don't drop aoe everywhere and for those an Assassin is 8/10 but for things like ZT who not only single target, AOE, and Floor AOE it's going to be a major struggle for the Assassin to stay alive.

This is just my opinion on them though. To be honest could do with someone like Deletion who is really good at PVP/PVE on a Assassin to pop on and give them a test.

Last edited:

FantasticTroll

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 21, 2019
great work!
Since you have time to redo the horse system, why don't you add the achievement system? Mi3 KOR has it and it's really fun. And it can be treated as a type of quest, which you already have.

Reactions: ventus

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
@europlayer Been helping these guys out with the testing for months and balancing of classes and at moment War/Wiz/Taoist seem perfectly balanced for PVP the Assassin last I checked was a little behind them but that was more a survivability issue as they made Assassins Paper tigers.

As for PVE All the classes are viable for group/solo play but bosses are not designed to be solo'ed and will require a Taoist and Advantage for some of the more challenging bosses.

Trust me when I say if there's a big issue with balance on the server these guys will fix it. They have completely reworked the Assassins into DC and made a lot of other changes to them so killing bosses on them even in a group with advantage is going to require skill.

If I was to rate classes out of usefulness for bosses it would be

Taoists 10/10 - Stronger Buffs, Decent pets to damage soak, Heals which will be needed.

Warriors 8/10 - Best Defence, Best HP, Decent Damage.

Wizards 6/10 - Slightly better than most servers for bosses but more of a room clearer.

Assassins 6/10 - 8/10 - The reason there is two scores is because the way Assassins are currently you will have to break off bosses well potions catch up because Lifesteal and Dark Conversion are not as strong on here and won't carry you against bosses. Now breaking off isn't a problem against bosses that don't drop aoe everywhere and for those an Assassin is 8/10 but for things like ZT who not only single target, AOE, and Floor AOE it's going to be a major struggle for the Assassin to stay alive.

This is just my opinion on them though. To be honest could do with someone like Deletion who is really good at PVP/PVE on a Assassin to pop on and give them a test.

sound exactly like what i am looking for ty for the reply. is the server open for testing !?
should i download it now?!

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Yes the server is currently online for testing and the client should be the same on launch other than the odd patch with changes that are still being implomented. If you need anything just ask on discord.

Currently it's set up for High level testing and shops are stocked with the high end gear but if you wanted to test low-mid level stuff just ask and someone can delevel you.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Yes the server is currently online for testing and the client should be the same on launch other than the odd patch with changes that are still being implomented. If you need anything just ask on discord.

Currently it's set up for High level testing and shops are stocked with the high end gear but if you wanted to test low-mid level stuff just ask and someone can delevel you.

On that note, we have just turned the server off.

Final Preparations for Launch!

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
On that note, we have just turned the server off.

Final Preparations for Launch!

ooooo good news then its just in time for me to jump into the game again:P, can you pls make a post when it goes live :)

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
Looks good but I can't install the game due to the Client file giving me an error when decompressing. I've tried multiple download link, all are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.