Ancient Mir - Coming Soon!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
Looks good but I can't install the game due to the Client file giving me an error when decompressing. I've tried multiple download link, all are the same.

i was told the final files hasn't been uploaded yet and the beta just finished :( so i guess we have to w8 until the actuall realse day

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Looks good but I can't install the game due to the Client file giving me an error when decompressing. I've tried multiple download link, all are the same.
We will be providing a new client before we go live.

If you cannot wait, we have new links on our Discord server.

I can put the server on for a few more days. However, if it goes offline that's due to us working on the final edits.

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
We will be providing a new client before we go live.

If you cannot wait, we have new links on our Discord server.

I can put the server on for a few more days. However, if it goes offline that's due to us working on the final edits.
000 sound like good idea, we can do some more testing for you as well :)

downloading the game now, thnx for putting the server up for extra couple of days and hopefully i can help with finfing any bugs :p, if any 1 looking to test pvp let me know as i want to test too ;)

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
few things from the get go:
love the keybind system ,can you add teleportnodes pls , all i see is ppl running from town to town and it gets boring when just exploring since you spend most of the time running. onther thing i think might help is auto run botton would help too unless i missed it when i was binding the keys. the names of towns is so confusing for some ppl if its any possibility to get the name within line with the familer names we know and big world map for the whole content botton would help too since the world is so big from the get go other than tht ,the game play is smoth no lagging and no deleay between casting the spell and the animation for it, only had few friendly hits between me and onther wiz(gizmo) but still to try pvp yet,
if thts not even the final product i am already impressed. keep up the good work, gonna go kill me couple of subs :D

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
few things from the get go:
love the keybind system ,can you add teleportnodes pls , all i see is ppl running from town to town and it gets boring when just exploring since you spend most of the time running. onther thing i think might help is auto run botton would help too unless i missed it when i was binding the keys. the names of towns is so confusing for some ppl if its any possibility to get the name within line with the familer names we know and big world map for the whole content botton would help too since the world is so big from the get go other than tht ,the game play is smoth no lagging and no deleay between casting the spell and the animation for it, only had few friendly hits between me and onther wiz(gizmo) but still to try pvp yet,
if thts not even the final product i am already impressed. keep up the good work, gonna go kill me couple of subs :D

Teleport npcs exist and are in each town. You still have to run to caves, go buy a mount from the stable in Bichon.

Press D for auto run

Press B for the big map, you can click on the icons on the big map to explore

No autoupdate? I downloaded it weeks ago.

Auto patcher is updated with latest client

Reactions: ventus

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
Teleport npcs exist and are in each town. You still have to run to caves, go buy a mount from the stable in Bichon.

Press D for auto run

Press B for the big map, you can click on the icons on the big map to explore

Auto patcher is updated with latest client
is the black dragon dungen under different name or its not in game yet?!

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
is the black dragon dungen under different name or its not in game yet?!

If you mean BDD with iwt, izt DD etc, this is a mir2 map not mir3 and is not ingame.
Mir3 has a dungeon called Black Palace which can be accessed through desert and desert mud wall.

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Updated Main post with useful information.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
No new hunting areas at moment but a few of the subs have been changed and the drops are 100% custom on here as are most items stats E,g Great axe is 3-35 DC instead of 1-32 like on older version of Mir 3.

unknown.png

Thats the only sneak peak I'm going to give you guys you will have to play and find out what else has changed on launch. :carrot:

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
Was looking interesting until I read about the private instances, goes against the point of mir IMO, think ill pass with that in.

Goodluck though some nice ideas.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Keevo Seems kinda pointless to give up on a server for a feature that isn't ingame yet.

And I don't disagree with you on it being a feature that goes against the PVP/PK aspect of Mir but at the same time there are smaller guilds who would also like to progress but dislike PVP/PK so having a system like this in the future I can sorta understand. Reguardless I can't see it being added anytime soon there are more important things on their to do lists.

Anyway play what you like and have fun that the point of gaming.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Was looking interesting until I read about the private instances, goes against the point of mir IMO, think ill pass with that in.

Goodluck though some nice ideas.

It's not ingame yet didn't make it for live. if it does get added it will be a guild thing, and will require guilds to have gained a lot of booty from the normal cave. It would equate to them having to have farmed the cave for 2-3 days for 1 run, however with boss spawns between 1-3 hours it might not even be needed as there will be plenty of bosses to go around anyway.

We will be creating a new post soon with what's in for live, what we have lined up and planned for first patches etc

Reactions: Vyse

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
@Lionsm!ght seems a lot of players will join! Did you do any optimization? last time when I join a server it lagged my ass out

Zircon source is already pretty optimised, if there is lag, it will be your end, or the server it's hosted on.

Unless the server you tried was ZenX...that was due to their bad programming skills and encrypting the client...pretty sure thats not been done here.

Reactions: FantasticTroll

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Nothing is encrypted, we are not trying to hide anything, some work has been done server side to optimise it better, obviously this is continued work.

Status
Not open for further replies.