Any chance of a non Pykie server ?

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
Yet again.
Was minding own buisness and fool High Level player kills me. Think he/shim was on way to Boss, and casualy 1:2 hits me.
Noticed when looking up character the luck on weapon had not changed (+3) (admired DragonSword earlier) .
This RANDOM Player Killing has made my life on Mir the cause to abandon the game.
Sorry to say that there is now only Pykies playing the game.It's ok at the begining, peeps leveling at their own rate. Then pillocks
usualy in one guild, take control of Bosses,therefore ALL the rares. (That's OK assuming they assend the ladder of Bosses but they don't !
just like Pykies they want it ALL)
Even EvilCentipeed seems camped this is with a player count of 30 !
What chance the casual/slow player In my mind Mir is dead
And am bloody peeved about it ( " hey life's a bi**h , get on with it ! " )

Have Fun you lot

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Unfortunately, this is all there is now. I've said it many times, there is only a certain type of player left playing these days. (of course, there is the odd exception)

Every server turns into a 1 guild server, if you're not in it, it's not worth/fun playing.
Unless they are your r/l friends, chances are they are just going to be a **** and rob/pk/scam you the first chance they get.

This is seemingly more prominent on the lower pop servers. It's a self-destructive circle that people are too stupid to realize.

Welcome to Mir.

Reactions: Pete107

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yep, seems to be the norm now on most servers unless you play.

All bosses usually camped by the same people who also seem to be online 24/7.

It's why when I play, I usually just play solo and grind through the levels hoping to earn enough gold to buy the kit I need rather than kill bosses for said loot.

Servers that don't have the chance of a decent drop from normal mobs/sub bosses (albeit a small chance) are nowhere near my radar.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hi Skyline,

Thats exactly what I do mate, I've always been a solo grinder happy with getting guaranteed exp / gold and buying the kit I need, rather than waste time getting to an empty KR or getting flopped if the boss is in by other people haha. Atleast that way I keep up relatively with peoples levels.

That's the main reason I'm so **** at PVP! Chrons was the worst for me as I played an archer - a completely new character to me AND having **** pvp skills to start with meant I spent my days rting away from people xD

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
That's the problem with all types of MMOs not just Mir. Why do you think other games has dedicated servers for PVE and PVP. I am one of those would happily just play a PVE server. I did suggest a neutral mode be added to Crystal many years ago but got put down,

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
That's the problem with all types of MMOs not just Mir. Why do you think other games has dedicated servers for PVE and PVP. I am one of those would happily just play a PVE server. I did suggest a neutral mode be added to Crystal many years ago but got put down,
I'd 100% play a PVE server - It was on reason I liked ZIrcon in the early days.No body drops meant not many people PK'd (You still had the odd few idiots). But I never bossed on Zircon so I can imagine PK was rife when it came to being at a boss.
Nothing worse than finding a boss, half way through killing it you see someone else come and wipe you out.

PVE at then have wars (Sabuk war etc) that are PVP zones.

It's a divided opinion, some would play it some wouldn't.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
People called me crazy when I added instances to chrons! Lol

You crazy!

On a serious note, 10 years ago was the same just the number of ppls who were playing 17hrs+ were large, now theres only a few who does that and thats why they feel like its a "grief".

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Perhaps some servers might consider implimenting a harsher PK punishment. Do it by level range, so if you PK someone a lot weaker than you than you then the punishment is more severe.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
The thing with Mir is the amount of time you need to commit to an objective is extremely low.

For example, a good high lvl player will go to WT, RT to 2nd floor immediately, sprint for 1:30 mins, KR and slaughter it in 2-4, move onto EC, RT around to KR Floor (2-3 min), 1 min walk and boom he is there. Basically **** the Marrirage Teleport system and **** teleports in general, make RT's rare and not a shop product and perhaps add it to a daily quest. Force people to mount from woomyon > bichon > serpent valley > mongchon > bug cave if they wish to go from WT > EC.

It would make getting the recall set awesome (but put a long ass cooldown on it), on Valkryrie there were plenty of bosses to go to, if teleporting is limited then people really have to commit to areas. Say I was at WT, after killing it I would be like "I'm going to wait for 15-30 minutes and hope for short respawn" and with no teleporting I would be no where close to some group tackling EC.

People called me crazy when I added instances to chrons! Lol

Could also expand on this, not instancing but the only way to enter a cave is through NPC and you would lose this entrance when you have loot rights on a boss for 24 hrs. You could set up GG tickets so they could have 1 more crack at it within the 24hr window.

It stops the people with a full day on there hands commiting for the same bosses something like 4 times a day!

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The thing with Mir is the amount of time you need to commit to an objective is extremely low.

For example, a good high lvl player will go to WT, RT to 2nd floor immediately, sprint for 1:30 mins, KR and slaughter it in 2-4, move onto EC, RT around to KR Floor (2-3 min), 1 min walk and boom he is there. Basically **** the Marrirage Teleport system and **** teleports in general, make RT's rare and not a shop product and perhaps add it to a daily quest. Force people to mount from woomyon > bichon > serpent valley > mongchon > bug cave if they wish to go from WT > EC.

It would make getting the recall set awesome (but put a long ass cooldown on it), on Valkryrie there were plenty of bosses to go to, if teleporting is limited then people really have to commit to areas. Say I was at WT, after killing it I would be like "I'm going to wait for 15-30 minutes and hope for short respawn" and with no teleporting I would be no where close to some group tackling EC.
I tend to agree, but I like to RT... Even when I'm not going to a KR.

If I enter a cave that I'm grinding in, I don't want to be following someone else as you can't get the requires lures and you're basically fighting with loads of other people for the mobs.
So I just RT to an area that has mobs, kill and move on.

Need's something else to stop people just RTing to bosses and killing it, to be honest. I kinda liked the system Zircon had where you and others had to kill X amount before a boss appeared. But the problem with this is when people out level said caves there are less people killing mobs to add the the counter.

Personally I'd sack KR's off for most areas (Especially lower lvl and grindy caves).
Boss has a chance to spawn on any map of said cave - E.g. Wooma Temple, remove KR and add maybe another floor that is similar sized to the KR. The boss can then spawn at anytime on either of the 3 floors in a random spot.

You can then keep KR's to the higher end bosses, disable RT's for the last few floors of these caves and quite a high spawn rate meaning that you have to work your way to the KR and mostly in a group. I liked Fox Boss for this on Euro, no RT's allowed and the mobs hurt a decent amount and a respawn could be fatal when you were running to the KR solo. Yes it could be done but there was always the chance you'd have to TT or use up most of your pots before you got there.
Hell, even add something like the Admission Orbs that Fox Boss required, but I'd also add a timeout on this item. It drops and you get 1hr to use it. Any longer than the 1hr it disappears. This means you have to hunt for this orb during said hunt to enter the KR.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Agree on alot of points, WT for example is a huge map of wasted space, gone are days where new people not knowing routes would explore, most mir players know shortest routes, and wheres worth running from where RT's take you...

Although if this were case id want to see bigger rewards, quicker spawns to compensate for the mission of locating, Also you'd probably need some form of hint with say increased spawn zone of 100x100 to bosses centre to make it more interesting.

Time trials to reach next point of maps could be cool too, whether it be like admission orb or door trigger.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@Skyline like random placements, this is the thing, when finding Subs is harder than securing a Boss that is an issue.

Admission Orbs is probably the correct approach, random spawns for lower lvl bosses is alright, I'm not particularly a fan of RT's but it is a unqiue feature of Mir, I just find them too cheap and not such a penalising gold sink, I would have RT's as a drop from mobs than a shop item.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Agree on alot of points, WT for example is a huge map of wasted space, gone are days where new people not knowing routes would explore, most mir players know shortest routes, and wheres worth running from where RT's take you...

Although if this were case id want to see bigger rewards, quicker spawns to compensate for the mission of locating, Also you'd probably need some form of hint with say increased spawn zone of 100x100 to bosses centre to make it more interesting.

Time trials to reach next point of maps could be cool too, whether it be like admission orb or door trigger.
Yeah I'd make WT spawn more often, same with WG.

Basically, these "bosses" become more "elite" mob that has a chance of dropping something of value.
I see them as low level bosses therefore should just be a bonus to players hunting there rather than something that is camped.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I could not bare playing mir without easy access to RT's! I barely have the time to keep up as it is let alone have to spend time running places xD

And tbh its been a while since I've seen some balance in boss drops in regard to specifically how easy it is to get to. Usually people dash to WT / EC / RME on a loop because they have been the good droppers. Then you go onto mid tier bosses where rt's are disabled after F1/ F2 and they drop you pots - crushing!

@Skyline I do agree with removing KR to places like WT - I think it would be a refreshing change having to look for it on a floor! Not so sure about getting 'RKO'd outta nowhere' by Evil Cent when it raises its head unexpectantly if removing BC KR tho xD

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
One of biggest issues is.. we know all the tricks now.. there are few challenges left in mir, if WT etc were get big overhauls on their attack methods it'd be much more interesting, also people would be reluctant to PK over them if the bosses were actually hard... amount of times I see PKing happen while boss runs aimlessly in a circle.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Unfortunately, this is all there is now. I've said it many times, there is only a certain type of player left playing these days. (of course, there is the odd exception)

Every server turns into a 1 guild server, if you're not in it, it's not worth/fun playing.
Unless they are your r/l friends, chances are they are just going to be a **** and rob/pk/scam you the first chance they get.

This is seemingly more prominent on the lower pop servers. It's a self-destructive circle that people are too stupid to realize.

Welcome to Mir.
In a nutshell, they're sheep.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Really not true, I could vouch for 20 odd people I never knew before and I've we all treated each other respectfully, not all in the same guild either, also a lot of messaging and voice comms on discord.

Could be that the waters weren't fully tested juggling something super rare, could be that I'm a Tao and you people automatically want to get on the good side of me, could be that I'm friendlier than you ;pp

BUT I did leave Marble because there were notable d1ckheads, also some servers promote 1 guild control, I can tell you right now if you band together like a hardcore bunch on Jamie's servers you'll easily get whatever you want...

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Meh...play with the same guild every time, not met a single 1 of them :) Never have a problem. But also play a load of other games together as well, not just restricted to Mir. All the new and randoms that end up joining don't defaulty inherit my trust and they never get anything off me that i cannot afford to lose. Account is never shared, nor do i lend kit as long as i'm active on the off chance i never get it back when I need it, or ever lol.

But PvP is what makes Mir fun....if all you want to do is grind mobs without conflict, then you may as well play an offline version. What purpose is having all the items in the game if you do nothing with them except kill more of the same mobs, just faster lol.

A PvE only server will be dead in about a week, or less...Assuming it even gets off the ground to begin with.

PK Drops I still honestly believe they actually discourage PvP, not encourage. I fight for the purpose of the fight, not for the purpose of taking someones items, if anything the fact that I know i can spend more time online than some, means I have a greater risk in PvP with drops on and makes me more inclined to not fight till the end lol. But on or off makes no odds to me, but I know people who have actually quit after dropping some of their best kit...how this encourages anything is beyond me lol...that person that quit probably took a few others with him, and it ends up being a bit of a snowball effect.

So "Any chance of a non Pykie server" as in PKing server? No lol...it has no profit and it would be dead way too fast.

And LDC, as good as a coder as people think you are, Instances are a bad idea, especially for Mir and this user count lol. People that complain about the PKing are usually the ones on the receiving end of it...but even those people, i'm sure have received a death drop once or twice and really enjoyed their reward lol.

Nobody will play a PvE only server.

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I don't really think there's anything wrong with a mainly PVE server as long as there's some custom caves about with a decent range of drops - though I agree they don't tend to stay online for more than 2-3 months before fizzing out.

I think one the main problems across a lot of servers i've played in the past few years is there's simply no incentive not to die (rare death drops and no xp loss on death), and in some cases tanking entire lures solo and only getting tickled if that.

I miss the excitement of playing a wiz where if you didn't bring your shield up within a second or two of it going down you were floored. This doesn't really happen now as a lot of servers bring generic cave kits in so wizards have pretty much defense stats as wars.

Did any private servers have exp loss on death? I was 2% you lost on euro for dying wasn't it?