Any Mir 2 server ?

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I can’t speak for creation of files but as a loyal member of the Zircon community; I have witnessed first hand how he doesn’t give a **** about the server. Let me give a few examples: in the beginning of the server I informed Jamie there should be a cap on guilds which he ignored and said ‘no’, no reason why, a simple no. Later on 2-3 months down the line this became a huge issue where buffs were introduced and reintroduced. Then you have a retarded AI sustem in place; again everyone told him, he ignored it. It even took him months to fix beckon cooldown from 5 seconds...

It gone so worse that they had to censor their entire forums/discord now. The result? A dying server. It’s a shame because I really did try my best to help Jamie and give honest feedback as best as I could but he’s so far his ass there’s no point even trying. The only person who truly listens is Shane.

No doubt their working on Marble, in fact if I was in their shoes I would be too but a lot of people won’t be playing your server after this horrible treatment/lack of updates. Time will tell I guess

Jamie has proven unable to make money from the mir3 server. He needs a new server to make money. Let's wait and see. His attitude toward mir3 starts to be negative, and the game update is slow, just like the marble v1.

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:15 AM ----------

At present, high-level server players are in insect holes. We all want green equipment. What do you guys say that you have fun?

you also get banned from discord if you even slightly question the administration.

its very clear that all the recent changes are leaning towards trying to leech as much money from a dying server as possible.

lets change health pools so ppl have huge health, lets higher the amount of cooldown on potions so it takes longer to refill, then we can add a comfort potion for 5£ a day so people can regain normally.

Level 77 was reached too soon, players got bored, kit its hard to obtain / then jamie added pieces, pieces ruines the prices of items, the pieces should been added at start of game and to be account Bounded

Bots are everywere, he dont punish them or atleast doesnt show the punish. Even if he punish them, i think the drop rate change to negative for a something exploited its too hard.

Adds guilds buff based on a "soft cap" on members ... High guilds kick the newbies so the newbies leave the server. -> He changes buff almost back to normal, which is not fair for those who "exploited" it before than others who didnt.

FreedomPass and Banyo, he let others exploit the experience, then changed monsters into hard stuck ones -> Again, some players "exploited" this before and the following players to reach the level to enter, they didnt.

Skills are a mess, some noobs acussed that GSP has **** and balanced thing, what you explain then Karma scalling with HP and Assassins that are tanks? let me reformulate again " ASSASSINS that are TANKS"

He can add all **** he wants into the server, the server already took the most damage and its on a dying road.

Maybe he is a good coder, but the way he threats the players and his servers are so awfully ...

NewUserName

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Level 77 was reached too soon, players got bored, kit its hard to obtain / then jamie added pieces, pieces ruines the prices of items, the pieces should been added at start of game and to be account Bounded

Bots are everywere, he dont punish them or atleast doesnt show the punish. Even if he punish them, i think the drop rate change to negative for a something exploited its too hard.

Adds guilds buff based on a "soft cap" on members ... High guilds kick the newbies so the newbies leave the server. -> He changes buff almost back to normal, which is not fair for those who "exploited" it before than others who didnt.

FreedomPass and Banyo, he let others exploit the experience, then changed monsters into hard stuck ones -> Again, some players "exploited" this before and the following players to reach the level to enter, they didnt.

Skills are a mess, some noobs acussed that GSP has **** and balanced thing, what you explain then Karma scalling with HP and Assassins that are tanks? let me reformulate again " ASSASSINS that are TANKS"

He can add all **** he wants into the server, the server already took the most damage and its on a dying road.

Maybe he is a good coder, but the way he threats the players and his servers are so awfully ...

your slightly off the mark with some of what you've said, although i do agree with some of the points.

dont get me wrong, Zircon pisses all over your files m8, simply becoz of how they run, but the worrys people had about jamies mentality and attitude towards his players, coupled with the fact he always seems to get creators regret a few months into a project has led to the server dropping numbers (albeit not massive drops, but drops never the less) - no doubt this will get shot down by ''THE WEATHER IS NICE OUTSIDE'' ''PLAYERS ALWAYS QUIT AFTER A FEW MONTHS' generic comments

Jamie reminds me of a more literate IceMan lol

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I know GSP is bad for nowday operating system

I hear theres a good new mir3 server in development that im looking forward to play on it too.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Your server has 30 users how can you have a opinion

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Only problem I see with zircon is if you have a clash of opinions with Shane or Jamie you get instea removed from discord.

I made are a comment yesterday about them introducing crit damage that they said it would never be part of the game because it would be completely op.

Yet i got told to shut up basically and then insta kicked from discord.

Another thing I didn’t agree with, the day people found out about the secret mining thing in dragon abyss before it was made public Shane was mining for 8 hours before anyone even knew about it, that’s the only logical reason I can see Jamie telling everyone about it.

NewUserName

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Only problem I see with zircon is if you have a clash of opinions with Shane or Jamie you get instea removed from discord.

I made are a comment yesterday about them introducing crit damage that they said it would never be part of the game because it would be completely op.

Yet i got told to shut up basically and then insta kicked from discord.

Another thing I didn’t agree with, the day people found out about the secret mining thing in dragon abyss before it was made public Shane was mining for 8 hours before anyone even knew about it, that’s the only logical reason I can see Jamie telling everyone about it.

shane will ALWAYS know more than the normal player.

lets just plant a seed here whilst we're at it :

If you can put a negative buff on someones account for exploiting, and the general public cannot see this , whats stopping Jamie from sticking a positive buff on an account for a sibling?

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
To be honest I think that a lot of people just simply got ignored because they pointed out an issue like an asshole.

If someone is reporting a problem like a twat I probably wouldn't help them out even if they were right xD

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm interested to see what Huggybear can bring to the table with Legend Of Mir Revival tbh.

For a change, it looks like someone who has a passion for the game and isn't just looking for a quick money grab for 3 months like some mir 2 servers in the past.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
To be honest I think that a lot of people just simply got ignored because they pointed out an issue like an asshole.

If someone is reporting a problem like a twat I probably wouldn't help them out even if they were right xD

I'm interested to see what Huggybear can bring to the table with Legend Of Mir Revival tbh.

For a change, it looks like someone who has a passion for the game and isn't just looking for a quick money grab for 3 months like some mir 2 servers in the past.

85afd1ebc17194788d7581af4cf1a29f7dfc7b08b922f50dbc67bd64f08fa370.jpg

How have I not noticed that there's 2 of you before?

Showbiz

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 1, 2018
Leeds
Ha. Bullets flying everywhere!

Lets put all you coders / developers in a room to fight it out, one big... "free for all" :eek:nthego:...c'ya

Last time I checked each server has it's unique play style. The user count does the talking right? Without players whats the point.

Is mir-2 a dying breed?... I mean how many people still actually play. Suppose it's easy to work out. We know how many servers are about, add the user count up, is it that simple? p.s. SabreMir = Closed now.

Let me pick out server DarkZone Reborn - There's clearly 25-30+ people who are consistent on this server, it must be keep some folks happy...?

My point been "Each For Their Own" Also good luck finding your perfect low rate Piff haha... Damn I don't have the time to play low rates these days - I wish i did.

And good luck to those who have kept the Mir cycle running for so long... Long may it continue :lol

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Jamie reminds me of a more literate IceMan lol

Brilliant.

Love how this thread has gone so far off topic.

We've established Zircon is great/**** however you perceive it but most importantly Jamie is a more literate Iceman, lol.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Also good luck finding your perfect low rate Piff haha... Damn I don't have the time to play low rates these days - I wish i did.

Agree with most of what you said except this. I had to post this, even though it's kinda off topic.

There is no different between a lowrate and a Highrate, merely perception.

You spend 100 hours on a LR, and 100 on a HR and you will be (In relativity) in the same (Rank/Spot/Power place) within the total population on each server.

People who have played 200 hours, will still be ahead of you, people who have played 50 hours will be behind you.

The only difference is on a LR is that LR's have much better balance between the casual and the hardcore. Take euro for example, a level 22 with a poweraxe (Aprox 100 hours playtime) could kill a level 40 with a DSS (Aprox 400-500 hours playtime) I mean they'd have to be good, but it was possible.

You show me one HR were someone who has played 100 Hours, can even HIT someone who has played 150+ Hours, let alone someone with 400+ Hours playtime. In all likelyhood you would get 1 Hit by someone with 4x as much playtime as yourself under their belt.

(I mean I'm making the playtime hours up off my head, but you get the picture).

People need to get out of this thought of thinking and "Im not playing that as it's HR/LR attitude" as people who only play HR's because "they haven't got time" are actually loosing out, you will never keep up with the hardcore players on a HR as the content is constantly churning.

Just saying :)

#BustingMaths
#TheNumbersDontLie

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Never understood the purpose of 'high rates' personally. Or why people prefer them over standard. What is it? You just like big numbers or what?
Same as the servers that start with ridiculous 200 stat items, it's pointless.

They serve absolutely no additional purpose, as they are like you say, exactly the same in relaive terms.
The only marginal argument you could make its that it makes the starting 30 levels, getting skills etc quicker. Or in the typical gaming sense, allow 'casuals' to see high tier cotent they would otherwise not have seen in official games.

In terms of developing, it is usually detrimental to content longevity and balance too, I mean you dont see caves designed to last 30 levels, it's 5 or 10. If you do that in 30 mins then theres a cave gone. Balance wise, well, that was already said.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Never understood the purpose of 'high rates' personally. Or why people prefer them over standard. What is it? You just like big numbers or what?
Same as the servers that start with ridiculous 200 stat items, it's pointless.

They serve absolutely no additional purpose, as they are like you say, exactly the same in relaive terms.
The only marginal argument you could make its that it makes the starting 30 levels, getting skills etc quicker. Or in the typical gaming sense, allow 'casuals' to see high tier cotent they would otherwise not have seen in official games.

In terms of developing, it is usually detrimental to content longevity and balance too, I mean you dont see caves designed to last 30 levels, it's 5 or 10. If you do that in 30 mins then theres a cave gone. Balance wise, well, that was already said.

Been many great things from HRs tbh, OldSkools sub class system was awesome. Your limited on things to add on low rates as you need to keep stats low, only so many unique things you can add that does not give stat rewards, like Gold, GG, etc but people will soon get bored if their stats arent improving.

They flow faster too its boring farming the same bosses for months waiting on content, shame nobody but ben and his team execute them well.

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
This thread made me lol so much hate XD. High rates just skip too much content imo.
I think mir 2 kinda died because people released the same c# files with barley any edits with just a different name same thing over and over =(
Hoping not just me but other server developers can bring some new things to mir change it up abit make it interesting for people to play again. Nothing worse then sitting in same cave for 3 weeks, got to have options be creative try something new =)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Been many great things from HRs tbh, OldSkools sub class system was awesome. Your limited on things to add on low rates as you need to keep stats low, only so many unique things you can add that does not give stat rewards, like Gold, GG, etc but people will soon get bored if their stats arent improving.

They flow faster too its boring farming the same bosses for months waiting on content, shame nobody but ben and his team execute them well.

I have to disagree.
Being 'low rate' in no way means you need to limit content, if anything you should be promoting alternatives and updates to keep people engaged.

Take NightScares server for example, you had 7/8+ places you could go hunt at pretty much any one time. If anything i've always said i never understood the limited content being given on most servers, adding a basic cave with some mobs takes a few minutes. You can even make a new cave in a couple of hours. there is no excuse to limiting players to 1 cave every 8-10 levels, it's just lazy develpment.

The number of unique things you can add is only limited by your imagination. Stats are not the be-all, end-all of the game, unless you make it so.

Even with the coding brickwall- you would be suprised how many 'ideas' you can wing together in the npc functions alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.