Any Mir 2 server ?

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Even with the coding brickwall- you would be suprised how many 'ideas' you can wing together in the npc functions alone.

My first server Ayndril was a perfect example of this.

In some ways, the NPC functions/Robot system of 2.3 was far superior to what the crystal files currently have.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Cba to argue but low rates are very limited look at Marble even with the best active coder it dried up quick even with that very beautiful mechanics on fox boss, then came red for a solid 5 months of boredem, tried something new and unique with charms which proves my point of you needing to keep stats low which is hard. You cant over saturate low rate content either or it just turns med rate like Chrons. NewEden was a unique case as change of stats and hp pools allowed him alot more to work with.

All down to opinion in reality, excited to see your work tbh.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
A difference of opinion is not arguing~

Tho you did pretty much just prove my point here.
then came red for a solid 5 months of boredem

The fact that you had only 1 thing to go at for 5 months is down to poor development, nothing at all to do with it being low/high rate.

Last edited:

Showbiz

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 1, 2018
Leeds
Agree with most of what you said except this. I had to post this, even though it's kinda off topic.

There is no different between a lowrate and a Highrate, merely perception.

The only difference is on a LR is that LR's have much better balance between the casual and the hardcore. Take euro for example, a level 22 with a poweraxe (Aprox 100 hours playtime) could kill a level 40 with a DSS (Aprox 400-500 hours playtime) I mean they'd have to be good, but it was possible.

People need to get out of this thought of thinking and "Im not playing that as it's HR/LR attitude" as people who only play HR's because "they haven't got time" are actually loosing out, you will never keep up with the hardcore players on a HR as the content is constantly churning.

Just saying :)

#BustingMaths
#TheNumbersDontLie

Morning

I stand to be corrected and I take my words back.

Given some thought - I believe you're right.

I'll tell you for why i'm personally attracted to HR servers... "False Perception" Maybe..

I enjoy hitting the high level numbers and to be frank maybe its the wrong type of mentality to use. I've played DarkZone since January and I'm currently the highest level on the server at rebirth-1 lvl 340 with 650-1350mc...9k hp and 60k mp - I can solo every single cave and kill every boss in-game. If i can do that, whats the point in progressing to rebirth 2 (level 400>350)... Suppose it's the "addiction to play" and stay one step ahead of the competetion and the atticipation new content will be added (which i'm sure it will be)

You might infact have tempted me to try a low rate (maybe-mid haha) just to give it a chance NightScare :eagerness:

Thanks

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
How the **** did I not notice this either.

giphy.gif

He was too damn lazy to think of his own user name so just copied mine and changed to his D.O.B. XD

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
A difference of opinion is not arguing~

Tho you did pretty much just prove my point here.

The fact that you had only 1 thing to go at for 5 months is down to poor development, nothing at all to do with it being low/high rate.

I'd like to take a moment and semi-disagree with you here. For the record, I think "low rates" are better overall for the longevity of a server but that's due to the speed of which you let people reach certain milestones. If, on a HighRate, you get all your skills within a month then you're left with just item progression, which I assume you'll also get within another month, and that demands more content and if the server owner cannot keep up with the absolutely insane progress Mir players can make then the server quickly gets boring as you have everything and have done everything. Stats get to the point where as mentioned, they get silly. And sure this may be fun for a little while but it gets very tiring very quickly for anyone not "ahead of the curve".

However I think you're falling into the trap of "adding more is better" here. If you give players, in your example, 7 different caves to hunt in at their level. Unless you can make each and every cave worth hunting in, they will simply go to the cave that gives the best overall experience, or items. You also run into the problem of, lets say you do manage to make a system where each of these caves is uniquely worth hunting in at any one time; you've just split up your userbase massively. A userbase that is at best likely to reach 100 players in Mir2's current state. If your aim is to create the best PvE server then you've done it. But the PvP element will suffer as fighting over bosses in caves is by far the most thrilling thing to come from Mir.

I'll always prefer low to med rates because you feel more rewarded with progression. Each milestone feels important, getting that new skill over someone else makes you feel special, getting that DSS before anyone else makes you look like a king and so forth. But blindly "adding more" isn't necessarily the correct answer because you can't expect your Mir playerbase to follow your intentions.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I'd like to take a moment and semi-disagree with you here. For the record, I think "low rates" are better overall for the longevity of a server but that's due to the speed of which you let people reach certain milestones. If, on a HighRate, you get all your skills within a month then you're left with just item progression, which I assume you'll also get within another month, and that demands more content and if the server owner cannot keep up with the absolutely insane progress Mir players can make then the server quickly gets boring as you have everything and have done everything. Stats get to the point where as mentioned, they get silly. And sure this may be fun for a little while but it gets very tiring very quickly for anyone not "ahead of the curve".

However I think you're falling into the trap of "adding more is better" here. If you give players, in your example, 7 different caves to hunt in at their level. Unless you can make each and every cave worth hunting in, they will simply go to the cave that gives the best overall experience, or items. You also run into the problem of, lets say you do manage to make a system where each of these caves is uniquely worth hunting in at any one time; you've just split up your userbase massively. A userbase that is at best likely to reach 100 players in Mir2's current state. If your aim is to create the best PvE server then you've done it. But the PvP element will suffer as fighting over bosses in caves is by far the most thrilling thing to come from Mir.

I'll always prefer low to med rates because you feel more rewarded with progression. Each milestone feels important, getting that new skill over someone else makes you feel special, getting that DSS before anyone else makes you look like a king and so forth. But blindly "adding more" isn't necessarily the correct answer because you can't expect your Mir playerbase to follow your intentions.

I agree for the most part, i would ofcourse never have 7/8 active open world area choices per 'x' level, it was just an example of a server that for the most part did these things well. A month in there were still areas people hadn't even entered just because there was so much choice, people didn't bother looking for the hidden areas etc. So too much is definetely also 'bad', agreed. (As an example, i have 4/5 maps per tier @ 15 tiers planned out. These are a little different ofc, single zone areas not 7f temples etc)

Specifics aside, the point i was making is that there is no excuse for limiting players to 1, maybe 2 zones for extended periods of time (even a week of the same, single cave gets tiresome) which server owners seem to think is acceptable. It's just lazy. Even 3 options would provide a significant improvement on gamepay. They don't have to be massively different either, just having a new environment to look at is nice sometimes.

Really not going to get into the whole 'people play for PvP' debate it's been done to death on here lately, as an argument to throwing everyone into 1 cave it's just bad.

But to get back on track, being stuck in 1 cave because there are no other options is not a result of being low or high rate, its a developer choice.

Showbiz

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 1, 2018
Leeds
Valid points from Koriban and Chalace, though I would prefer more than 1-2 zones per tier (6+ = to many) 3-4 more respectable.

Anyways...Come on developers less bickering more coding! When have we "the players" got something to look forward to! :P'

Haha.

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
totally agree low rate servers are way more fun than high rate ones in terms of everything literally

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
All of you lot replying to pathetic little comments about each other lol man up every one has there own diff way of doing things. dont like it? dont have anything good to say? feck off . ty. there is loads of threads to bitch / moan about some ones files or them. this is about new servers. moving on. back to the question every 1 wants to hear. is any 1 making a mir 2 server? lol like i said a week back not seen anything recently only one was hanys and god knows whats happening with that was due ish march time apparently.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Still waiting for this: :lol

ok i am uploading setup currently to google map i will post the link here once it finish and update the link on website .
what is new in this setup :

- new sound effects in game
- changed main menu style / login background
- it will install the dot net incase u dont have it
- it will install directX incase u dont have it
- created super ultimate monstor i am not sure what to call it yet .. maybe ( GodOfMobs ) ... took me 6 weeks working in it .. its just huge and super .. its not added to the setup files yet as i kept it to test with next patch update .

upcoming work :
- auto patch + anti cheat
the auto patch will check for update if its there and install it upon lunching the game ....

please let me know if you download the setup and install it ... i test it on my own and its working .. but thats only me .. so i would like to know if there is any problem with that ...

note : i will post screen of the new monster soon here

good luck all

---------- Post Merged at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:01 PM ----------

attachment.php
View attachment 19126

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
Ben should get his butt back on a decent med/high rate..all of current servers are rubbish chronicles the only one acceptable.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ben should get his butt back on a decent med/high rate..all of current servers are rubbish chronicles the only one acceptable.

Ben cant commit without Matt and i think hes busy, your going too see loads of low rates as thats the demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.