Any point in doing anything with King unless can remove all cheats?

smoochy boys on tour

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
The dll must be connected with the client. Just break the connections that you want client-side. Then, you'll think how to force your users to use your client...

That's what we've thinked

Azura knowed how to disable them, I don't know how does him this.

CloudStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2010
dont even bother tbh they were looking good untill some 1 started to cry in which he only had half the story

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
dont stop you from working on them

get your head out of the butt and learn

i didnt know mir2 and i learned so i think you can learn this

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
We've got a .dll that might be of some use, will post it up at some point today. It is in chinese, though may need to be translated. But not 100% sure if it's cheat enabled or not, was part of a lesser set we bought some time ago.

icekid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2007
edit king3.dll with PE explorer. you can disable them like that

but theres nothing to stop users just using a different client...

unless you can encrypt a client-version in the client and only tht version can connect to server then there is no way

Last edited:

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Well as a lomcn admin he should not hold anything back from our community. So i think he should release it and get some more mir 3 servers going. Things like this that spoil the mir 3 scene.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Has anyone else got anything constructive to say? Or is it going to be simply jump on the have a go at Rich band wagon?

How much have you all shared?
Are you telling me he is the only person who can do these things?

Lets be constructive.. you all know I will share anything I have or anything I have made!

What program is used to hack the dll/client?
How is it used?
What do we look for?
Whats the basic process?
How do you link the server to a single client?

Anyone know these answers, or can at least make an educated quess, maybe a web site that talks about this type of thing?

Come on!!

Disgusted

/Mick

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
What program is used to hack the dll/client?
How is it used?
What do we look for?
Whats the basic process?
How do you link the server to a single client?

1. To edit the client: UEstudio or other Hex editor. To edit the dll: 1st a AsPack unpacker (Stripper 2.07), a PE editor (PE Explorer), and then a AsPack packer (AsPack).
  2. To run the client, you need the dll packed, to edit the dll, you need it unpacked. So you must unpack the dll, edit it, and then pack again.
  3. See what feature you want disable (run hack ie), search it in the PE editor, in dll, copy the chinese string that's in the checkbox. Search the copied string in the client with the text search in the Hex editor.
  4. Replace the chinese string in the Hex client to another string (like 'aaaaaaaa')
  5. That's the point :confused1:
:P

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Nice post Ashran, not seen anyone put it so neatly before.

I'll try and get onto that client and dll editing some time over the weekend. In the meantime... its just down to No.5 :)

Thanks Again.

If I get anything done, I'll keep you all informed.

Edit : Has anyone got these program's uploaded anywhere?

Ta

Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
OK.. I downloaded Stripper 2.07 and ASPack 2.12

Tried first to just strip and then pack, but when I try and run it the exe afterwards it crashes.. I suppose I missed something pretty fundamental?

Or is it I have crap versions of the programs?

mapadale

OK.. I downloaded Stripper 2.07 and ASPack 2.12

Tried first to just strip and then pack, but when I try and run it the exe afterwards it crashes.. I suppose I missed something pretty fundamental?

Or is it I have crap versions of the programs?
You shouldn't need to use both for the .dll, just use ASP.

I did have a link to all the files somewhere for packing and unpacking, if I get chance tomorrow I'll upload the files as they are on my server. I was also sent a nice site that shows you how to rework the unpacked files and search for the strings to make it work correctly, so will post that tomorrow as well.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Got it working last night, forgot to update here.

Removed all the ticks from the options on Stripper. Works fine now.

:)

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Any luck BigA?

And would it be useful of me to translate the server .exe options? I've started it, about half-way now, but I don't know what half of them do o_O

I'll do ye a trade, english Frm_setup.xml for cheat-disabled client :P

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Ok this whole crap about me is pissing me off, I offer help whenever I can, I also help people on msn and I also released my files until not even 24 hours after people were removing my credits and saying they did it themselfs.

Purely out of me being nice and releasing the client unpacked as people wouldn't have been able to edit the dll to fit their servers otherwise.

Things people need to know is:

1. Yes the dll can be unpacked and edited but if you do that then the dll will not work on windows 7 or vista.

2. Even if you edit the dll you will need to edit the client.

3. If you edit the client you need to edit the dll.

4. Both the client and dll have to have the same strings for the dll and client to read from each other.

5. Even if you do both of these people can use any other client or dll.

6. The only way you can make people use your own dll is to edit the client and change the strings such as KingMir3.dll to whatever you want your dll to be called (doesnt need to be .dll)

7. Even if you do #6 people can still just edit their unedited client to read the unedited dll back.

8. In actual fact you cant remove cheats completely.

For example if someone was to release a server running on 0328 I could simple edit my client and dll to have the cheats enabled and would be able to use that on said persons server.

Peoples best thing would be to not bother trying to edit the cheats and simply stop cheats such as anti-para server side ect, anything edited other then that would be a waste of time on your part.

60661526.jpg

Even after helping im sure I'll still get **** from people, If it continues I will not help again.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Ayup m8, all of those bullets, were what I was thinking. Shame really tbh, which is why I made this thread in the first place.

Could purchase the files, and have them disabled competely.. but.. LOL :)

Anyway, your Server Options are different to the one I have, mine has "Allow Pet Equipment" in on the first column (after Allow Stall). How come?