Any real demand for Mir 2 anymore? What we had vs What we have

leebjordan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2011
Hi everyone, I wanted to see if people were happy really with the current state of these private servers. Heavily P2W, very quick end game and fizzling out within weeks/months.
Does anyone else want a lower rate server which may last 2/3 years anymore? All this tier system, slots, P2W crap just to 2 hit someone, then do it all again on another server in 3 months!?

I really hope Euro Reborn can provide something to do Mir justice. Mir seems to have transformed into the same modern crap my kids play. Refines used to be one of the best things about Mir and it's never used anymore. Upgrades are all based around buying ****.

Really appreciate anyone else giving their thoughts.

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
Not all servers are P2W there's a few servers that ain't, why don't you try and attempt to make your own server?

I'm currently making a server where you don't buy anything with GG only cosmetic items

Edit:
I really do think Euro Reborn will be the end of Mir 2 servers because every ****** will play that game in my opinion

Reactions: DarkDevil1

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
A lot of people want a P2W server. A lot.

Most mir players are not 15 anymore. They have jobs and limited free time. They want to enjoy the game without spending a **** ton of hours in it so they gladly pay. Some people literally refuse to play servers without a game shop.

leebjordan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2011
A lot of people want a P2W server. A lot.

Most mir players are not 15 anymore. They have jobs and limited free time. They want to enjoy the game without spending a **** ton of hours in it so they gladly pay. Some people literally refuse to play servers without a game shop.
They have jobs and limited free time. They want to enjoy the game without spending a **** ton of hours in it so they gladly pay. - Get this of course, which is why refine was so great because it was skill + luck + balls and you could be part time player and create something unique and priceless. PVP requiring skill too, fights lasted ages not like these 2 pump chumps in the bedroom and on the PC lol

A lot of people want a P2W server. A lot. + Some people literally refuse to play servers without a game shop. - I have never felt any sort of "pleasure" from buying success, I just completely don't get it. You're putting yourself in the same position, just the currency is money not time. Someone will always spend more than you, time or money.
I want to look at making a server for PVP and PVE players, appease some of these modern requests/requirements but also have nostalgia and some classic features which made the game so popular.
I think Euro Reborn v2 could be close, I am just not seeing the reason to play with the modern Mir. I might as well play a better game, rather than applying mods to a 20yr old one.
Not all servers are P2W there's a few servers that ain't, why don't you try and attempt to make your own server?

I'm currently making a server where you don't buy anything with GG only cosmetic items

Edit:
I really do think Euro Reborn will be the end of Mir 2 servers because every ****** will play that game in my opinion
I am thinking to, I've never attempted it on all this time though. Be interested to see what you got, when you're ready to show us!

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Hi everyone, I wanted to see if people were happy really with the current state of these private servers. Heavily P2W, very quick end game and fizzling out within weeks/months.
Does anyone else want a lower rate server which may last 2/3 years anymore? All this tier system, slots, P2W crap just to 2 hit someone, then do it all again on another server in 3 months!?

I really hope Euro Reborn can provide something to do Mir justice. Mir seems to have transformed into the same modern crap my kids play. Refines used to be one of the best things about Mir and it's never used anymore. Upgrades are all based around buying ****.

Really appreciate anyone else giving their thoughts.
Correct me if im thinking along the wrong lines but "all this tier system, slots..." is this directed at my recent video on the lomcn discord showing off my item tier system? :ROFLMAO: or is it just perfect timing because ive not seen any other server do multiple tier items

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Correct me if im thinking along the wrong lines but "all this tier system, slots..." is this directed at my recent video on the lomcn discord showing off my item tier system? :ROFLMAO: or is it just perfect timing because ive not seen any other server do multiple tier items

Apoc had the tier system, dno if your video was out pre this or not.

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
Multi Tier Items? Please tag me in this video!

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

Edit:

Thing is nobody actually wants a euro clone, just like every one thought they wanted classic wow once that nostalgias wears thins its over.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
It could be argued that the best servers have all been closer to euro clones than not. I think most people want to relive the nostalgia factor but just not the ‘grind’

Reactions: Pusha

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
tier items like this have been a thing for like a decade :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
been playing Mir since 2011 and not once seen an item tiering system. ofc not played every server but even in peoples adverts unless ive been skipping half of their adverts that is

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
been playing Mir since 2011 and not once seen an item tiering system. ofc not played every server but even in peoples adverts unless ive been skipping half of their adverts that is
I've maded something similar before haha (None released server) I do like those sort of things
Where do I get that UI from Val 😂
Wait for Game Release :ROFLMAO:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
EE had item leveling for tiering, apoc had tiering 's too

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I've maded something similar before haha (None released server) I do like those sort of things
Exactly this is what I mean, I know a few servers that said theyd have item tiering but never went through with it and didnt have it ingame