Any suggestions for pc tweaks for better performance on Mir

smoochy boys on tour

Shadozen

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 18, 2021
Hello.

Does anyone know any good tweaks for better performance in mir 2 on a laptop with the current specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 8 GB RAM
Q 820 @ 1.73Ghz, 1734 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Processors

If anyone knows any tweaks that give the slightest fps boost please post them down below thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Would help me alot on arcadia especially xD

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
It should work out of the box if you're using Windows 7 or newer.

The clock on your processor is a bit slow but I don't think Arcadia needs more than that.

Shadozen

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 18, 2021
It should work out of the box if you're using Windows 7 or newer.

The clock on your processor is a bit slow but I don't think Arcadia needs more than that.
Found out that Arcadia needs processor speed at 3.6 to run max fps

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Honestly depends on files, you can change processor settings accordingly, used to be that you just run Windows XP and have a nice low ping but i'm pretty sure that's not possible anymore?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Honestly depends on files, you can change processor settings accordingly, used to be that you just run Windows XP and have a nice low ping but i'm pretty sure that's not possible anymore?
Crystal mir does not run in Windows XP sadly due to the software requirements. You can tell the program to run in Windows 7, Allocate a higher priority and allocate what CPU Cores the mir 2 process uses through task manager.

I find removing alot of normal system junk that comes with the normal Windows 7/8/10/11 download comes with helps.

Winaero Tweaker Is a great program I use myself to stop alot of Microsoft background services which also helps.

Reactions: Pusha

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Crystal mir does not run in Windows XP sadly due to the software requirements. You can tell the program to run in Windows 7, Allocate a higher priority and allocate what CPU Cores the mir 2 process uses through task manager.

I find removing alot of normal system junk that comes with the normal Windows 7/8/10/11 download comes with helps.

Winaero Tweaker Is a great program I use myself to stop alot of Microsoft background services which also helps.
Can't remember what files it was when I used windows XP in VirtualBox and had a decent connection, but it was so smooth I ended up being banned because I was always 2-3 spaces away and hitting people, no idea why It changed but the GM told me it was something to do with Virtualbox disabling something in the processor (definitely more complex than that) haha but yeah I was told to upgrade or change my OS to continue playing without being in trouble!

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Can't remember what files it was when I used windows XP in VirtualBox and had a decent connection, but it was so smooth I ended up being banned because I was always 2-3 spaces away and hitting people, no idea why It changed but the GM told me it was something to do with Virtualbox disabling something in the processor (definitely more complex than that) haha but yeah I was told to upgrade or change my OS to continue playing without being in trouble!

I think the last Mir 2 to run on xp was 2.3 I think. Don’t quote me on that though.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I'm pretty sure Arcadia is not running Crystal and still highly modified 2.6heros, ACPI/XP is still very viable on there and chronicles, any crystal files tweaks are not a thing, i do find AMD systems run Crystal files a lot better though, On Apoc V2 i get 0 lag or frames dropped at SW when 90% of server on beast pcs and struggling, Mirs always a strange one where a random system will just run it really well.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I tried getting XP working again in virtual box but I couldn't get anything to install or download as the Iexplorer doesn't let you do anything, and Mir wouldn't install either unfortunately, would be nice to have a go on XP again hurts my eyes a lot less!

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Yea crystal Mir won’t run on xp, as it now uses slim dx. I do even think before the slimdx implementation it didn’t work either because of netframe work requirements. Probably the earliest you could go back is windows 7 at a push.