any1 have a server i can have a play about on

standardised

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Living Women
Loyal Member
Sep 27, 2018
GB
hey guys does anyone have a mir 2 server available that i could play on and maybe give me some half decent power you know so i can spawn mobs/bosses and make items etc - just to have a little play around - dont worry im not such an excessive person to mass spawn or something to make the server crash. just for a minor play about here and there

I have been away from mir for a very long time and for some reason have been missing it alot recently - i guess you never do get away from mir haha
I would love to play some of the servers out at the moment just simply dont have the time to invest in it properly
of course some of you would say make your own? haha but i wouldnt know the slightest where to even begin
so if there does happen to be anyone who has made a server client and wouldnt mind me hopping on to have a kick about, would really appreciate it!

thank you

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Cant you just run the client/server as is? I only remember having to add a start point or change some option.

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
No you can't i've had to fix alot of errors ye i added a start point and mobs too but then comes up an error saying; Wrong Version Please Update your client , i got stuck there lol

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Update the clients binary hmmmm

how do i do that 😊
Post automatically merged:

I guess i'll just disable version check but i dunno how to do that either 😂

Last edited:

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Update the clients binary hmmmm

how do i do that 😊
Post automatically merged:

I guess i'll just disable version check but i dunno how to do that either 😂

Copy the client.exe that you use to connect with into the server directory (the folder that the server.exe is in)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Start server, open menu Config-Server and uncheck the radio button 'Check Version'.

Or, on the first line there, 'Version Path', click the three dot button and guide it to your client.exe wherever you have it on your PC.

Or do both of the above.

To OP, best is to get hold of some fully configured server that gets 'released' around here once in a while since the vanilla files don't have database or if you put in daneo1989 database (not sure it is still there for download), it still leaves plenty of things unconfigured, raw.