anyone here play lineage 2?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Although im not meant to have any time on my hands being in my last year of uni. i seem to have tons of it.

ive never played lineage 2 official, but have dabbled in private servers and creating them.

What put me off making a solid l2 server was the c1 maps were so basic and undetailed, whilst the newer patches were really nice. i always wanted them to redo the details on them.

with gracia 3 coming out soon (an awsome looking patch) im thinking about doing a private server for l2.

anyone who plays now, or has played. what are the bad points about l2?

and anyone who is interested in designing a server with me, with me a pm or somthing.

email below. if u add me, leave me a note so i know why uve added me.

Last edited:

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
I play lineage 2 alot, im not sure what you mean as to bad points for lineage 2, I personally done think it has any...although i think new players find it hard to master every aspect, ive been playing for a while now and I havent mastered every aspect of it....i would definitely play if you made one, and gracia final looks very nice, ive been playing part 2 so far.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
there must be some bad points.

for example, what does WoW have over L2? leveling too hard? (i believe theyve fixed this in gracia).

and yeah i know what you mean about being able to master it all. Because i never played official (never wanted to pay) i never went through the sequence in order, and still find the amount of things to do (heroes, olymiad, fortresses etc) quite confusing lol.

Im in the process of download the client now. shld be done by tonight. So ill have a basic server up by tomorrow.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
A game always has bad points.

Personally i think private servers are wrecked when you can get all the best kit/weapons and have incredible speed. It is good for 1 hour then it gets boring because you killed every monster/boss.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
a bad point: i don't like the controls so much...i prefer the "WASD" to move the character

but tbh is a good game and gracia 3 looks very good, if you make a server i'll play

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
A game always has bad points.

Personally i think private servers are wrecked when you can get all the best kit/weapons and have incredible speed. It is good for 1 hour then it gets boring because you killed every monster/boss.

not true, I have played some nice servers that dont have the best kit in gm shops, you have to grind to earn the items to craft them, this could be ancient adena or event coins, plus on some servers mats are sellable like official, and bosses are edited and new ones are added.

pogs11

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2006
Wales
iv played it but i couldent find a High rate or A server with a nice user count so i got bord and left within 2 days

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
got a server up and running. just fiddling about atm, getting used to the game again.

few questions as im not very knowledgeable yet about l2

what rates wld best suite ppl?
ive got x50 xp, x50 sp, x50 gold, x50 drops atm

but i think thats too high. i want ppl to level up easily, but also not too quick that they miss out tutorials and quests.

would you rather have auto pickup on or off?

do you want picked up buffs to last longer than 5 minutes?

Do you want just standard items in shops, or a shop with every item?

free teleports or normal costs?

I want it to be like official without lots of random npcs everywhere. just with higher rates and official flaws removed.

@ppl who play the game often. after the starting villages, how do you know what to do and where to go?

for example, one noob quest took me to giran town after completing it, but mobs were too hard for me there so had to scroll back.

how do you know which towns you shld goto? and where to get all the main quests? (i know adventure guildsman shows the list of quests) but is there no other guide/npc to tell you what to do?

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
Most private servers have custom made gm teleport npcs with every area on.

Google is a great way to learn where to lvl and stuff thats how i learned most stuff, im happy to answer any questions you have.

Rates i would want if i was going to play.

dont care about sp rates they can be low imo.

xp: 100-200
gold: hmm 50-100 (never have it same as exp)

Items: i wouldnt like a private server to be like official so i would like to see at least all items upto a grade in the shop npc, you can make it hard to get s grade items and scrolls for a challenge, and make the dynasty items even harder to get.

I also recommend that you cap enchant rates safe/max to a decent amount, its not going to be good pvp if everyone is running around in +30 kit pking noobs.

thats about it of top of my head....

oh and quests are lvl dependant, you can only do quests that are for your lvl, and one more thing, i would not play if class changes were done by quests rather than auto class change via event manager, clas change quests are very time consuming and not many people ive seen on other servers have wanted to do them.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ok. thanks for the answers. u sure like high rate servers :P x200 exp seems a tad high. ude max level in a few days.

and yeah, whilst playing around i got to the change class quest, bit annoying so think that will be removed.

i like how the clans, clan halls and castles are all done. but now these fortress's, are fortress's actually good? or just same as castle but smaller? i dont see a point in em tbh, and just seems like they chucked em anywhere they can.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
ok. thanks for the answers. u sure like high rate servers :P x200 exp seems a tad high. ude max level in a few days.

and yeah, whilst playing around i got to the change class quest, bit annoying so think that will be removed.

i like how the clans, clan halls and castles are all done. but now these fortress's, are fortress's actually good? or just same as castle but smaller? i dont see a point in em tbh, and just seems like they chucked em anywhere they can.

hmm thats something new i think, i participate in sieges which are done at castles, but i suppose the fortresses could be part of the sieges too, but dont quote me on that.

also once tvt events are running noone will want to be lvling, especially if prizes are awarded for the remaining team (tvt = team vs team, usually 5 per team, teams good and evil...but they can be renamed)

plus even when lvlled you will need to be high lvl to farm high lvl areas for certain items this is all depending no how you set server up, if your going to add all items to gm shop then farming isnt a issue but if you want to give your players something to do when at max lvl, tvt events and farming for the best kit is a good way to give them something to do.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what is farming exactly?

i see fortresses as just more castles tbh, its nice that ncsoft have done it. but they cld have made em nicer than a crappy wooden fortress, mayb a smaller castle or sumthing.

im jus getting the hang of manors and seeds etc. bt its quite hard wen ur on the server by urself.

i dont want everyone to be level 80 straight away. i like abit of work. but obviously not too much.

im thinking like x40 exp and like x30 adena or sumthing.

do you know any decent sites for going where u shld at a certain level?

first feature i intend on adding is an advanced tutorial book, to let ppl kno how clans work, and class changes etc. i havnt played l2 for long, and its very confusing for me knowing where to go.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
what is farming exactly?

i see fortresses as just more castles tbh, its nice that ncsoft have done it. but they cld have made em nicer than a crappy wooden fortress, mayb a smaller castle or sumthing.

im jus getting the hang of manors and seeds etc. bt its quite hard wen ur on the server by urself.

i dont want everyone to be level 80 straight away. i like abit of work. but obviously not too much.

im thinking like x40 exp and like x30 adena or sumthing.

do you know any decent sites for going where u shld at a certain level?

first feature i intend on adding is an advanced tutorial book, to let ppl kno how clans work, and class changes etc. i havnt played l2 for long, and its very confusing for me knowing where to go.

I would have to be in game to know the name of every area, as for levels if you name some areas i can tell you where not to go, heres what i usually do on all chars except buffers, buffers are a little tricky to lvl considering the only offensive spell they get at low lvl is turn undead, think its called something similar but not exactly that but does the same thing as wizzy spell in mir except it has a much higher rate of hitting.

farming is going to a high lvl area and luring tons of mobs with a aggro class and pummelling them to death quickly with a polearm, generally its intended to gain lots of adena and items quickly.

(non buff lvl guide)

1-10 - usually starting area on the way to town from where you start, if on a high rate server you get lvl 20 by the time you get to town, but for low rates....after getting to town buff up, and hunt outside of town.

10-20 I usually go to gluding area windhill mill where bears and orcs reside.

20-40 is execution grounds and onto death pass at about 30, depending if your putting kit in shops it might be harder if you dont.

40-50 many areas too go but i go to enchanted valley

50-60 i go cemetary then forbidden gateway in aden

60-70 hmm tricky...could be blazing swamp, stakatos nest, maybe even wall of argos but only if i have b grade kit on.

70-80 many areas too many to list, depending on class (nuker, aggro, archer) you could do ketra.

80-85 i would go primeval for farming, but and i stress this a lot, do not attempt primeval without enchanted kit at least s grade, you wont find it easy until your kit is +20 and i mean every part of it, and even then you will find it hard, it gets easy with dynasty kit enchanted, you also need major buffs to survive there, for melee vampiric regen is essential so everytime they hit you gaiin hp.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
anyone wanna come on and have a bash and mess around sometime?

ull need the latest gracia client.

need some people to come on and let me test group hunting zones.

post here or add me to msn if ur up for it.

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
im too hooked on project torque atm, plus you know im havign trouble downloading a client, gh mirrors are retarded, if i can find a mirror that lets me download at my cap like onrpg does i will download one, my cap is about 800/900 btw.