Anyone still playing or following the LEC and Worlds?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I started following Fnatic because of xPeke. He was one of the few Spanish players, he won the first world championship, he did the best ******* backdoor ever (to ocelote which is also Spanish and G2 founder). And back then the team was really amazing. It wasn't just a e-sports team. I had a **** ton of laughs watching them.

I mean, you just have to watch some of their old videos.

Also Cyanide played big role in me loving Fnatic. The guy was just a ******* troll playing as a jungler.

That's why when xPeke founded Origen I fully supported them. And I enjoyed their first year most than anything else, even with Cyanide not playing. xPeke, soaz, Amazing, Niels and Smithy. 2015 worlds, best worlds. Back then my friends and I use to hang out and have some beers at a bar where they would put the lol streams on TV which also helped all the hype.

Now I support Fnatic because it's my old team and I support all the European teams because they're European.
Oh yeah original FNC were so good to watch, and I agree Xpeke just made it so funny!
looking at those videos I can't believe thats what I used to play, it looks so weird now (and Baron)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Oh yeah original FNC were so good to watch, and I agree Xpeke just made it so funny!
looking at those videos I can't believe thats what I used to play, it looks so weird now (and Baron)

Yeah. It looks like ****. I didn't like the graphics upgrade back then but looking back now I'm glad they did it.

Reactions: Slaughterhouse

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah. It looks like ****. I didn't like the graphics upgrade back then but looking back now I'm glad they did it.

Yeah!
I don't play it as hardcore as I used to, but I seem to watch more of the championships now >.<

And yeah everyone was the same, what do you think about the SR changes in S10?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Yeah!
I don't play it as hardcore as I used to, but I seem to watch more of the championships now >.<

And yeah everyone was the same, what do you think about the SR changes in S10?

I think I didn't play lol for about 3 years or so. I started playing again because of LEC. I was bored and for some reason checked Twitch. Bad idea. This **** is like hard drugs. I actually wish I could just forget about LoL.

I don't know what to say about the changes. I'm curious about the top and bot lane change, I mean this. To me it looks like a bad idea. More lane means champs with more movement speed and movement abilities have a clear advantage over the rest and that means less different champs will be picked. I remember some years ago almost all games were the same. Same bans same picks. The rest of the champs were almost useless. I hope they add some objectives there, like a mob with a small buff that spawns every 5 mins or so and maybe a temp speed boots if you go in there.

I don't really care about the rest of the changes. We'll see how it goes.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I think I didn't play lol for about 3 years or so. I started playing again because of LEC. I was bored and for some reason checked Twitch. Bad idea. This **** is like hard drugs. I actually wish I could just forget about LoL.

I don't know what to say about the changes. I'm curious about the top and bot lane change, I mean this. To me it looks like a bad idea. More lane means champs with more movement speed and movement abilities have a clear advantage over the rest and that means less different champs will be picked. I remember some years ago almost all games were the same. Same bans same picks. The rest of the champs were almost useless. I hope they add some objectives there, like a mob with a small buff that spawns every 5 mins or so and maybe a temp speed boots if you go in there.

I don't really care about the rest of the changes. We'll see how it goes.

Haha me too, I hate the game some of the time but i cant stop playing it xD

Yeah i was curious to what brought this thing about, i get in some aspects why they did it, but 3 bushes bot is my main concern, somtimes have a nightmare covering bot as it is, we'll see though, the jungle changes are negligible with the exception of drake

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Watched fnatics game, id be a better midlaner playing ******* aurion sol mid and dno what his q does

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
**** it. Once I finish all the worlds missions I'll uninstall it, probably sooner.

Watched fnatics game, id be a better midlaner playing ******* aurion sol mid and dno what his q does

I bet you would. /s
Post automatically merged:

Day 2 is over.

Splyce losing to SKT1 was expected but I enjoyed watching them. They dominated the early game in every game then started losing teamfights and gg. They are pretty happy with the result. They proved themselves they can play against a top tier team and make them sweat.

G2 is just amazing. Those ****ers know how to play. Caps is an absolute beast. I understand now why he left Fnatic. He wanted a healthy team where he could progress and he got into the right one. I loved that ending with ocelote screaming with the public.

04HXH9S.jpg

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
ooo the games have been good!

I so glad to see fnatic go through to quarterfinals as Rekkles has busted his butt to get through but at same time knew they would only get so far.

Love (without spoilers) that we still have one European team going through! but think SKT aint on top of their game so I think its anybodys game at this stage

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
G2 is a class team, all really good players and they make for great viewing.

Looking forward to this weekend's semi finals!! G2 v SKT will be the better one IG will beat FPX.

FnC is the Rekkles team; imo if Rekkles wants to get any further he needs to transfer to a better rostered team, so many of FNC have potential but they seem to fall short too frequently, where Rekkles is a consistently good ADC (except the Garen Yuumi combos that have started to fall flat)

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
In my eyes finals should be G2 vs SKt ffs

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
In my eyes finals should be G2 vs SKt ffs

Totally.

SKT is looking for revenge because they lost the last time they played and G2 is looking to prove they can smash SKT. What a better place than a world final to do that?

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Totally.

SKT is looking for revenge because they lost the last time they played and G2 is looking to prove they can smash SKT. What a better place than a world final to do that?
******* semifinals 🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭
Post automatically merged:

Instead of saving best for last, ******* opposite lmao

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
hahah me and ibby play most of the time just needs to know his lane :P

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Did rekkles not already leave fnatic at one stage and did awful and had to return or am I thinking of someone else? Think that's why he will be fnatic to the end

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Did rekkles not already leave fnatic at one stage and did awful and had to return or am I thinking of someone else? Think that's why he will be fnatic to the end

He left to Elements if I'm not wrong but returned to Fnatic after some months. He's important to Fnatic but so was xPeke and he left. He wants a world cup no matter what and if he feels he can win it with another team, he'll leave. The thing is...there's no European team with any change of winning a world cup apart from Fnatic and G2.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
hahah me and ibby play most of the time just needs to know his lane :p
I do good enough, least I’m not a complete hardstuck xD smashing urf atm it’s too fun

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
RIP IG.

I've watched only the last game. I don't know how IG lost that. They had a fed Kayle with a Mejai with 20 charges but he was stupid enough to facecheck the enemy. Then lost another TF and GG.