Apocalypse Mir V2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
And ends after a month and a half :p Hope this lasts longer then the last one.
I think this was our biggest learning curve. ^

We released a pretty well made server ( i thought at the time). The main problems we had were really simple, but such a poor oversight from us ( a little bit of naivety being our first time around);

1) We made everything drop to easily, which meant players were pretty bored, pretty quick.
2) We did not have enough content ready for when this happened, and it took us too long to create.
3) We listened to, too many different opinions and made some silly changes which led to certain benefits towards certain guilds.
4) There were not enough features for players once bosses/subs were done for the day. We have not made this mistake this time around.

This time around, we have stupid amounts caves in game (which are not yet in game, in fact we have more than double the amount of caves ready to go than we have in game from live). This includes, drops/mob stats/spawns/Items, all the long boring jobs. All that would need to be done is AIs for bosses, which granted, takes time, but that is what we will have this time around.

joking

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2003
England
Are you trading fortnite wins for boss spawns on this one or has that feature been scrapped? 🤣

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
I don't get it... Your first server was fairly successful, why would you go high rate? High rate servers = pure cash grabs. They are for people who can't be assed to maintain a server.

Its a shame, mir community is crying out for a new low rate..

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds
I don't get it... Your first server was fairly successful, why would you go high rate? High rate servers = pure cash grabs. They are for people who can't be assed to maintain a server.

sapphire will be low rate what do u mean crying out for a new lowrate lol if u want a lowrate play that

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
I find guccis comment strange as i dont think ive seen any one ask for a low rate or play with any one wanting a low rate?> just a genuine question though as isit you or your mates wanting a low rate? Cause i dont know any that want a low rate tbh. You say high rate`s are cash grabs? but any rate server can be? Dont get that logic tbh fella but each to their own. I much prefer med-highrates. Low rate you just get people who are broke wanting to level other peoples char rather than play. But again its who you know. guess some people want low rates? Just not the people i speak or played mir with.

Reactions: Flatline

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds
I find the above comment strange as i dont think ive seen any one ask for a low rate or play with any one wanting a low rate?> just a genuine question though as isit you or your mates wanting a low rate? cause i dont know any that want a low rate tbh. you say highrate or cash grabs? but any rate server can be? dont get that logic tbh fella but each to their own. i much prefer med-highrates. low rate you just get people who are broke wanting to level other peoples char rather than play. But again its who you know. guess some people want low rates? just not the people i speak or played mir with.
yup if he wants low sapphire is coming and artificial is still up if anything i see people wanting high rate as there is none and if they want a medrate then wilddragon is there

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009

We had lengthy discussions about why we went down the high rate route, me personally im a low rate fan however after playing OldSkool i swiftly saw the engagement of a Highrate (was nice to come home after work and not have to worry about falling too far behind) and thats my reasoning for my vote in the direction which we took. Each member has their own reasons for it. It also allows alot more creativity in my opinion which i believe is reflected in our systems.

Reactions: Sanjian and Alecs

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
looking forward to playing something other than a low rate slaving away constantly with little to no prgression we have had plenty of low rates over the last few years.. with very minimal effort put in.

looks like alot of effort gone into it with new features etc hoping it lives upto it on live.

GL

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
For me , med-high rate is quite good and also I noticed many players need that , not all of us have work in the early morning and players still going on lvling / hunting , like you can keep up with them , as @LightBringer mentioned.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
High-Rates can be done well, look at old skool that could of been a piece of art if a few things was done differently, like hp regen etc at start or exp+ then farming level 20 mobs at level 180 because you have +1000exp on your kit lol.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
best of luck guys, I've enjoyed playing v1 and surely going to play this one too
sounds like you've put alot of effort there by the looks of it, well done.

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
I find guccis comment strange as i dont think ive seen any one ask for a low rate or play with any one wanting a low rate?> just a genuine question though as isit you or your mates wanting a low rate? Cause i dont know any that want a low rate tbh. You say high rate`s are cash grabs? but any rate server can be? Dont get that logic tbh fella but each to their own. I much prefer med-highrates. Low rate you just get people who are broke wanting to level other peoples char rather than play. But again its who you know. guess some people want low rates? Just not the people i speak or played mir with.
Guess so.. I genuinely don't know anyone who is interested in high rate.

Can't believe people are actually referencing OldSkool.. It was such a shocking server, run by the biggest fool in Mirs history.

I thought Sapphire had been put on hold whilst Jamie plays mir 4.. But if its due to come out then I guess that's where the user count will be.

Good luck with your server, the original Apoc was pretty good..

Reactions: Pusha

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Sounds like my guy just wants to pay levellers 24/7 xD then lose to more p2w and quitttt

like someone said above, you’ll have 2 choices, a low rate that’s upcoming in future, and a med/high. If u don’t wanna play then dip from here

As broken as oldskool was, the pace was good

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Guess so.. I genuinely don't know anyone who is interested in high rate.

Can't believe people are actually referencing OldSkool.. It was such a shocking server, run by the biggest fool in Mirs history.

I thought Sapphire had been put on hold whilst Jamie plays mir 4.. But if its due to come out then I guess that's where the user count will be.

Good luck with your server, the original Apoc was pretty good..
I think the main point to think about, is not nostalgia and how much we all LOVED the original mir, but instead what is the current climate of mir players in 2021.

Whilst i completely agree, nothing can ever fill the boots of a long lasting low rate server. Unfortunately we need to look at the majority of mir players. And because it is a nostalgic game its players are majority of the same ERA, meaning we are all in our late 20s/30s, getting married, having kids, moving houses, working long hours, and with this you see a load of users not being able to put in the same hours as they used too/would like.

That's the benefit of a highrate, and i personally think a high rate caters to all of the above issues and also completely includes players who want to spend all day playing.

This was one of the main reasons behind our decision. That's not to say a low rate cannot be more successful, but we decided to offer a game that will allow players to play less hours and still keep up to a certain degree.

More so, this is not a typical high rate, with constant leveling being achieved, instead its cap based. Meaning the game offers more chance of fair endgame as players who have more time cannot get too far ahead in levels. Nothing pushes people away than a feeling of no chance of ever catching up. And a level cap, almost sorts that problem. Yes, you may not be able to get there as fast, but you will get there before the next cap is raised in most players case

Reactions: Helloyou

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I think the main point to think about, is not nostalgia and how much we all LOVED the original mir, but instead what is the current climate of mir players in 2021.

Whilst i completely agree, nothing can ever fill the boots of a long lasting low rate server. Unfortunately we need to look at the majority of mir players. And because it is a nostalgic game its players are majority of the same ERA, meaning we are all in our late 20s/30s, getting married, having kids, moving houses, working long hours, and with this you see a load of users not being able to put in the same hours as they used too/would like.

That's the benefit of a highrate, and i personally think a high rate caters to all of the above issues and also completely includes players who want to spend all day playing.

This was one of the main reasons behind our decision. That's not to say a low rate cannot be more successful, but we decided to offer a game that will allow players to play less hours and still keep up to a certain degree.

More so, this is not a typical high rate, with constant leveling being achieved, instead its cap based. Meaning the game offers more chance of fair endgame as players who have more time cannot get too far ahead in levels. Nothing pushes people away than a feeling of no chance of ever catching up. And a level cap, almost sorts that problem. Yes, you may not be able to get there as fast, but you will get there before the next cap is raised in most players case

Out of interest, what's your criteria for when the cap is increased?

Is it based on time/patches or when a certain threshold of your PB gets to the cap?

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds

tbh in a low rate no one wants to hunt zt all day + there would be the standard kit up till 40 which will take about what a week maybe 2 or people who actually have lives a month then what u have the old kit from mir same old boring stuff then u do bdd till like 50 i guess which what thats a month or like 4 for people who work and have kids/wife and for the maps u all all put loads of time into making also the kits,bosses,mobs it would take a long time for yous to release it into the standard lowrate unless u made it completely different with all new maps all new kit mobs bosses etc removing all the original maps like omacave deadmines etc same for the kit like dragonstaff,slayer etc

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing pushes people away than a feeling of no chance of ever catching up. And a level cap, almost sorts that problem.

I suppose it puts off some but many play their own game and are not bothered by not catching up. Those get put off if at some point they are unable to make a progress because they can't get items needed to go to higher caves, get the higher bosses.

You simply can't cater to both solo and group playing where solo includes even playing 'on off' with several buddies and that I imagine is the case for most of those left behind. It would be interesting if a server would keep track of server stats in this regard.

I used to be a fan of LRs but now prefer HR servers since I like to play solo and on HRs, before I get stuck and stop playing, I usually manage to get to see at least some new, more interesting server content that mostly only comes after the usual stock euro caves, bosses.

Are you going to have 'leveling items' on this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.