Other Apocalypse V2 - DATA BREACH

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Passwords shouldn't be stored in plain text, we've got it and I think many do now, where passwords aren't visible to gms at all
unless the password is stored in a 1 way encryption, it's no different from storing it in plain text.
aka you can 'encrypt' it with some mir encryption, but then we can also decrypt it again

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
I thought you n Zed were the only Mir3 people left on this forum :p
Never imagined Mir3 having this drama.

Was always Mir 2.

I do recall hearing there was so much less on Mir 3.

Anyone want to befriend me on xbox live, feel free and you can see my game list.

This is one of many reasons why Mir 3 is terrible compared with Mir 2

Do people post on the mir 3 section? :ROFLMAO:
backing up homer simpson GIF

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I don't have time to read through all 8 pages of this thread,

Just to make it simple, I received the email, should I be worried or not? :ROFLMAO:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Skim read this thread, seems a lot of people don't understand GDPR.

You MUST freely give the user the option to use your details for anything other than the service they signed up to. Failing to do so, fails GDPR.
If you then give out that information, again you are at breach of GDPR.

I can't remember the signup option for Apoc V2, so I'm not going to comment on wether there was a breach or not.

Do LOMCN have anything to do with this? No - End of story from our point of view.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Skim read this thread, seems a lot of people don't understand GDPR.

You MUST freely give the user the option to use your details for anything other than the service they signed up to. Failing to do so, fails GDPR.
If you then give out that information, again you are at breach of GDPR.

I can't remember the signup option for Apoc V2, so I'm not going to comment on wether there was a breach or not.

Do LOMCN have anything to do with this? No - End of story from our point of view.
I'm glad someone understands,

So Bon had nothing to do with Apoc v2... so the emails came from Hany since he was a dev on apoc v2.

But now Hany has shared those emails with Bon for oldskool it seems. thats the whole point of the thread

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm glad someone understands,

So Bon had nothing to do with Apoc v2... so the emails came from Hany since he was a dev on apoc v2.

But now Hany has shared those emails with Bon for oldskool it seems. thats the whole point of the thread
If there was no "opt out" option during the sign up to Apoc, then yes. There is a breach of GDPR (potentially*).
However, as I said, I can't remember so I'm not going to accuse anyone of a breach.

* I'm no expert on GDPR but I know the basics, so I'm not saying 100% breach. But what I do know, is that LOMCN have nothing to do with this. I suggest if you have concerns, you speak with Ben, Hany and the Apoc Team directly.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Only read the first page (wish i came on lomcn more often), however i received an email from The new server too, to an email address that has not been associated with Apoc. So to the very few moaning about breaches etc. Nothing from our end.
Just seen the person who made this thread has been banned on lomcn. No surprise, it's like they are out to try and kill the mir community. Sad little boy.

Last edited:

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
this thread is taking a really bad turn and since a decision was made by banning the idiot who made it, can this be closed or deleted or w.e?

I find it very pointless reading it daily because people skim-read it and ask for answers and eventually tend to throw shades on the new server with so much negativity while it has been proven innocent from accusations.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Only read the first page (wish i came on lomcn more often), however i received an email from The new server too, to an email address that has not been associated with Apoc. So to the very few moaning about breaches etc. Nothing from our end.
Just seen the person who made this thread has been banned on lomcn. No surprise, it's like they are out to try and kill the mir community. Sad little boy.

Nothing from your end. It already was said that Hany took them from Apoc so it is 🤣

Either way it’s going round in circles anyway. Thread should be closed

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Thread locked.
This issue is nothing to do with LOMCN as confirmed.
If you have any issues I suggest you speak with Bon, Hany or the Apoc server team.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Reactions: syke and 3gena
Status
Not open for further replies.